Pocket Drone  

In the panorama field, hardware is also part of the success. You can discuss here about it: camera, computer, pano head, anything
gkaefer

Pocket Drone

by gkaefer » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:37 am

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ai ... ying-robot
full Video package for europe inclusive drone, Action cam ready to fly package 699$ / 510€ (incl. postage & delivery)
some days to back....

1lbs payload.... so enough for one freedom360 rig with 6 go pro 3+ black Edition...
20min flight time....(with one cam)
1500 feet cruising altitude
5000 feet service peak height
wind up to 30mph
follow me function
waypoint flights
coming home
gps etc....

and the best: foldable ready to fly within seconds....

... I backed :)
Georg

CORRECTION:
1. it can lift additional payload 0.5 pound ~200gramm (if optimistic 3 gopros with a rig)
2. wind up to 10mph ~16kmh
Attachments
2014-02-28 00_34_47-The Pocket Drone - Your personal flying robot by AirDroids — Kickstarter - Inter.png
2014-02-28 00_35_03-The Pocket Drone - Your personal flying robot by AirDroids — Kickstarter - Inter.png

Destiny

Re: Pocket Drone

by Destiny » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:40 am

Thats a pity it cannot hold the entire rig. I was thinking about Copter that could hold a freedom360 rig.. I personally feel that ht freedom would be the better choice since it secures the cameras much better... There are other Copter types which are also quite cheap...

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1 ... h_fpv.html

But I like this one...
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1 ... mount.html

There are so many issue with using this kind of technology.. In Australia just about impossible around suburbia.. I think I would need a licence to fly one too even in the bush... I guess if it was in the middle of the desert then fine... No one would know.. The police in Australia are now using this technology for all kinds of situations...

Destiny..

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:27 am

Destiny wrote:There are so many issue with using this kind of technology.. In Australia just about impossible around suburbia.. I think I would need a licence to fly one too even in the bush... I guess if it was in the middle of the desert then fine... No one would know..

Destiny..

They had a multi-copter rig at the Sochi Winter Olympics filming competitors in the Snowboard and Ski Slopestyle events, perhaps elsewhere too.

There are very strict regulations in the UK for use of this type of technology.

Commercial use currently banned in the US although there are moves to get this changed soon, and there are many operating illegally.

Destiny

by Destiny » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:34 am

The guy that owns Amazon was on our news where it highlighted him poring huge amounts of money into testing parcel deliveries using an automated copter technology... The US have laws that suggest he will never be allowed to do it.. It also highlighted all the logistical issues... Stupid idea if you ask me... He would be better off sending me the money... hahhahhaha.... I would spend it on cameras, lenses, shoes and......

Destiny..

no avatar
HansKeesom

by HansKeesom » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:42 am

gkaefer wrote:https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/airdroids/the-pocket-drone-your-personal-flying-robot
full Video package for europe inclusive drone, Action cam ready to fly package 699$ / 510€ (incl. postage & delivery)
some days to back....

1lbs payload.... so enough for one freedom360 rig with 6 go pro 3+ black Edition...
20min flight time....(with one cam)
1500 feet cruising altitude
5000 feet service peak height
wind up to 30mph
follow me function
waypoint flights
coming home
gps etc....

and the best: foldable ready to fly within seconds....

... I backed :)
Georg

CORRECTION:
1. it can lift additional payload 0.5 pound ~200gramm (if optimistic 3 gopros with a rig)
2. wind up to 10mph ~16kmh

What I would like it to be able to do :

-Fly to a preset GPS-location including height.
-shoot a panorama with rows and columns from a certain direction to a certain direction on compass and vertically rotating camera without bring itself out of balance
-return to start-location

Of course no need to do this over very long distances, it is fine if it can do this for a line of sight of 100m

gkaefer

by gkaefer » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:51 pm

Hans,

with this drone this will be possible in theory, I will test it in July with mine...
but I doubt the GPS precision is high enough. one row panos will be possible by turning the drone in defined steps (degrees), but there is no available payload to build in an additional 3 axis gimbal.

... but the good News... I know one drone which can do this... for about 4.000 US$ including one drone, one Gopro HD3+
... in one hour I can post the link to this drone....
Georg

EDIT:
the "european kit" where you've to buy the gopro seperateley:
http://www.dslrpros.com/Products/tabid/ ... fault.aspx
3800 US$ ... 4 accus for 80min flight time included. Googles included with live Video footage from copter including live flight data (horizon, altitude, gps etc...). seperate Monitor for live Image from copter etc.
a Review of the older (older batteries with much longer charger times) Version:
http://provideocoalition.com/jfoster/st ... ial-kit/P2
(bottom of this review: the most ugly scenery to film on ;-)) is shown on that Video, but nevertheless implressive showing the Features ;-))

so to sum up: a Phantom on steroids...

PPS: for 600$ upgrade you can get the watersafe pack... so your complete drone gets watersafe ... your drone can dive...
see yourself ;-)) http://www.dslrpros.com/Products/tabid/ ... fault.aspx
Attachments
2014-03-03 19_26_26-DSLRPros - Watersafe Updrade Service for your quadcopter _ DSLR Rigs_Products_Ds.png
2014-03-03 19_13_35-DJI Phantom 2 _ Cannes DP Edition P2 Aerial Kit - DSLRPros _ DSLR Rigs_Products_.png

no avatar
HansKeesom

by HansKeesom » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:21 am

One axis is enough, just vertical looking down and up again. Horizontal can be done by drone. No other axis needed.

Biggest problem of drones is not the price but all rules that pop up, it is allmost impossible to fly them commercially. Not that I disagree with these rules.

gkaefer

by gkaefer » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:03 am

HansKeesom wrote:One axis is enough, just vertical looking down and up again. Horizontal can be done by drone. No other axis needed.

Biggest problem of drones is not the price but all rules that pop up, it is allmost impossible to fly them commercially. Not that I disagree with these rules.

no joke ... following line do reflect current law in Austria valid since 1.1.2014:

you can fly any drone of any size IF you fly them with eye contact. so the above Phantom drone can be flown up to 200-250m distance. if you cant see the drone in distance or no line of sight does exist you ARE ALLOWED to fly the drone FI you can show a proof of a valid Cessna pilot's license or similar airplanes... no April joke...

(other restrictions do also exist of course covering Topics like privacy, insurances etc)

Georg

no avatar
HansKeesom

by HansKeesom » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:12 am

It is not that I disagree. In a way I think all drones should be forbidden, or at least not became a mass-device. Don't want all these noisy dangerous devices hovering over my head

Destiny

by Destiny » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:25 am

On TV today some people were in a car next to a prison delivering drugs perhaps.. Not really sure..

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/na ... 6849954083

The guy talking on TV about them said in Australia we can use them as long as we have line of sight.. No problems which is good.. Also, you can use them to add GPS code where they can fly autonomously but I do not think that would be legal unless you can still see it.. I wonder if its possible to screw a Freedom 360 rig under it.. but I guess you would need higher feet for it.. So it can land..

Destiny..

no avatar
HansKeesom

by HansKeesom » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:12 pm

Good example, security is based on 2D surface, not on little devices flying around.

AUTO-GPS flying is often forbidden as there is no way to keep two helicopters from crashing into each other

Destiny wrote:On TV today some people were in a car next to a prison delivering drugs perhaps.. Not really sure..

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/na ... 6849954083

The guy talking on TV about them said in Australia we can use them as long as we have line of sight.. No problems which is good.. Also, you can use them to add GPS code where they can fly autonomously but I do not think that would be legal unless you can still see it.. I wonder if its possible to screw a Freedom 360 rig under it.. but I guess you would need higher feet for it.. So it can land..

Destiny..

Return to Hardware