Device Compass and Gyroscope  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0 problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
jdmulti

Device Compass and Gyroscope

by jdmulti » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:47 pm

With Panotour Pro 1.8 I was able to add a KrPano plugin myself. One of them was the compass plugin, but with that I mean the plugin that gets the device compass and not the one showing a fancy compass on the screen.

However with Panotour Pro 2.0 I have some issues to get it working. What I did was this:

- Download KrPano
- Get the compass.js plugin
- Edit my panotour pro skin.xml and added: <plugin name="compass" devices="html5" url="graphics/compass.js" onavailability="copy(view.hlookat, heading);" onchange="copy(view.hlookat, heading);" />
- Added the compass.js in the directory: panotour data > graphics

In panotour pro 1.8 I added this xml in the panotour_data.xml file, and that worked fine. However the Panotour Pro 2.0 described me that I had to add it into the skin.xml file. However when I test it, it doesn't get the device compass heading.

My question is. How can I get the device compass to work with the Panotour Pro 2.0? To be fair, I was a bit disappointed when I saw this plugin wasn't added by default in Panotour Pro 2.0. I've written a code injector program to add plugins into my pano's that aren't available trough the Panotour Pro interface. One plus side on this is, I never have to add them by hand trough the Panotour interface, I just drag and drop my xml on the program and everything goes by itself :P

But I hope someone can help me, because I need to update the code injector to work with the new Panotour Pro 2.0. All I need to know, is how to get this plugin working correctly.

no avatar
mediavets

Re: Device Compass and Gyroscope

by mediavets » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:01 pm

PTP 2.x has its own Compass plugin - is it no good for you?
Attachments
1ptp2-compass-plugin.jpg

no avatar
jdmulti

by jdmulti » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:01 am

mediavets wrote:PTP 2.x has its own Compass plugin - is it no good for you?

This is a compass represented as an UI element. This is not what I'm looking for.

What I'm trying is to access the Ipad / Iphone device compass. These mobile devices have an internal compass. With this I can align my panorama with the compass in the device and have the panorama on location being shown in the right direction.
The feature in Panotour Pro 2.0 only adds an UI element and doesn't acces any mobile device compass. As I described above, I'm looking for something else and it did work in 1.8 but I can't get it working in 2.0.

To make the question different. How can I align my Panorama north with the mobile device internal compass like iPhone 5? I used KrPano Compass plugin for that, how do I use that with Panotour Pro 2.0?

benji33
Kolor Team

by benji33 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:51 pm

Not tried yet. I add a reminder to test it as soon as possible.

no avatar
jdmulti

by jdmulti » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:48 am

benji33 wrote:Not tried yet. I add a reminder to test it as soon as possible.

Let me know the outcome of that. Because right now this is something that holds me back from using Panotour Pro 2.0.

no avatar
jdmulti

by jdmulti » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:06 am

Any news on this?

Currently we have Panotour Pro 2.0 since the beta. However this feature is holding me back to switch over.
At least I would like to know from it's Panotour Pro creators how I can get the KrPano Compass function to access device compass to work. This is for iPhone 5.0
Or is this impossible at the moment? It did work in Panotour Pro 1.8 with a little xml editing. :)

Let me know anything.

Return to Using Panotour / Panotour Pro