SWF File Floorplan Issue  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0 problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
vickywrig
Member
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:16 am

SWF File Floorplan Issue

by vickywrig » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:11 pm

I need to use flash file independently. However, it does not display the floorplan?

Please help?

no avatar
mediavets
Moderator
 
Posts: 14272
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.

Re: SWF File Floorplan Issue

by mediavets » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:53 pm

vickywrig wrote:I need to use flash file independently. However, it does not display the floorplan?

Please help?


Not possible.

User avatar
benji33
Kolor Team
 
Posts: 3043
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:59 am
Location: France

Re: SWF File Floorplan Issue

by benji33 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:48 pm

Yes floorplan is an html5 plugin and need JS code into <script> tags into a web page.

no avatar
Firefly360
Member
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:05 am

Re: SWF File Floorplan Issue

by Firefly360 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:54 am

I think I have the same issue here, seems the floorplan won't work with Flash-based embed tools such as KRProtect Tool, is there a solution around this using HTML5?

no avatar
mediavets
Moderator
 
Posts: 14272
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.

Re: SWF File Floorplan Issue

by mediavets » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:39 am

Firefly360 wrote:I think I have the same issue here, seems the floorplan won't work with Flash-based embed tools such as KRProtect Tool, is there a solution around this using HTML5?


What are you trying to achieve and why?

no avatar
Firefly360
Member
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:05 am

Re: SWF File Floorplan Issue

by Firefly360 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:42 am

Hi Mediavets,

My client wants a compact self-contained file for a simple industrial tour to show to their bosses. KRProtect Tool can generate either a SWF or an EXE... but due to the fact that the tour comes with a floorplan, this feature doesn't work with Flash.

Regards,

no avatar
mediavets
Moderator
 
Posts: 14272
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.

Re: SWF File Floorplan Issue

by mediavets » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:02 am

Firefly360 wrote:Hi Mediavets,

My client wants a compact self-contained file for a simple industrial tour to show to their bosses. KRProtect Tool can generate either a SWF or an EXE... but due to the fact that the tour comes with a floorplan, this feature doesn't work with Flash.

Regards,


Do their bosses not have Internet access?

no avatar
Firefly360
Member
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:05 am

Re: SWF File Floorplan Issue

by Firefly360 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:13 am

I'm sure they do. But the convenience of running the VT anywhere without the care of Internet access does have its merits.

no avatar
mediavets
Moderator
 
Posts: 14272
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.

Re: SWF File Floorplan Issue

by mediavets » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:22 am

Firefly360 wrote:I'm sure they do. But the convenience of running the VT anywhere without the care of Internet access does have its merits.


Agreed.

But it's not so easy to do with tours created with PTP 2.x as it was with tours created with PTP 1.8.

As far as I know, you cannot incorporate all content in one file and for consistent cross-browser results the tour must be delivered via an off-line web server.

PTP 2.x has been designed primarily for the creation of online tours rather than offlline tours.

no avatar
Firefly360
Member
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:05 am

Re: SWF File Floorplan Issue

by Firefly360 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:28 am

Judging by your response, am I to take it that this is possible with PTP1.8 but not in 2.X? If so, I may need to try the 1.8 version path then.

no avatar
mediavets
Moderator
 
Posts: 14272
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.

Re: SWF File Floorplan Issue

by mediavets » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:03 pm

Firefly360 wrote:Judging by your response, am I to take it that this is possible with PTP1.8 but not in 2.X? If so, I may need to try the 1.8 version path then.


AFAIK it was only possible with PTP 1.8 when targeting Flash platforms (only) and even then audio and video files could not be embedded.

If you want your clients' bosses to be able to see your tour with all features working as intended then it's best to have them view it online.

If you wish to persist with the idea of presenting an offline tour then check out this forum for references to 'offline web server'.

no avatar
Jeremiahscott
Member
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:07 am

Re: SWF File Floorplan Issue

by Jeremiahscott » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:12 am

this is an issue with us as well. often times our clients need the tours presented offline as they can't go on the web due to the content needing to be kept private and secure. while I'm not a fan of the .swf deliverable (it often doesn't play smoothly) we need an option for a way to deliver the full featured content to our clients in a offline method.

I realize this is not currently an option with version 2, but I hope that down the road this will be built in.

no avatar
Firefly360
Member
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:05 am

Re: SWF File Floorplan Issue

by Firefly360 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:24 am

Since the floorplan will never work on Flash, I finally decided to just use a static image of the floorplan in a toggle button. But of course this method has the absence of the radar function. It was really a compromise.

I also experimented with HTML Executable (http://www.htmlexe.com/Home). While it does a pretty good job at embedding the actual floorplan with functional radar, different computers on different OS gave erratic displays, so I didn't pursued it anymore.

no avatar
mediavets
Moderator
 
Posts: 14272
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.

Re: SWF File Floorplan Issue

by mediavets » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:05 am

Jeremiahscott wrote:this is an issue with us as well. often times our clients need the tours presented offline as they can't go on the web due to the content needing to be kept private and secure. while I'm not a fan of the .swf deliverable (it often doesn't play smoothly) we need an option for a way to deliver the full featured content to our clients in a offline method.

I realize this is not currently an option with version 2, but I hope that down the road this will be built in.


You need to use an offline web server.

Search the forum and you will find the information you need.

no avatar
mediavets
Moderator
 
Posts: 14272
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.

Re: SWF File Floorplan Issue

by mediavets » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:07 am

Firefly360 wrote:Since the floorplan will never work on Flash, I finally decided to just use a static image of the floorplan in a toggle button. But of course this method has the absence of the radar function. It was really a compromise.

I also experimented with HTML Executable (http://www.htmlexe.com/Home). While it does a pretty good job at embedding the actual floorplan with functional radar, different computers on different OS gave erratic displays, so I didn't pursued it anymore.


The solution is to use an offline web server but it is not a single file solution.

no avatar
Jeremiahscott
Member
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:07 am

Re: SWF File Floorplan Issue

by Jeremiahscott » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:08 am

this sounds like a very unrealistic solution, as i can't imagine delivering a standalone webserver along with the tour to my clients, saying this is what you need to view the tour you purchased...

for the most part, we are able to view the basic tours offline, its just when we add in the additional functionalities like videos, 3D pdf files and interactive flash files that we get stuck.... but I'm thinking there is a plan to enhance PTP2 with these additional functions as things move along. :)

no avatar
mediavets
Moderator
 
Posts: 14272
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.

Re: SWF File Floorplan Issue

by mediavets » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:21 am

Jeremiahscott wrote:this sounds like a very unrealistic solution, as i can't imagine delivering a standalone webserver along with the tour to my clients, saying this is what you need to view the tour you purchased...

The whole thing - offline web server and tour files - can be delivered on and run from a CD/DVD or memory stick.

for the most part, we are able to view the basic tours offline, its just when we add in the additional functionalities like videos, 3D pdf files and interactive flash files that we get stuck.... but I'm thinking there is a plan to enhance PTP2 with these additional functions as things move along. :)

http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/action/ ... irectly.3F

http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/action/ ... ur_locally


Return to Using Panotour / Panotour Pro

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests