XML Information for Autopano when using Arduino  

Everything you need to motorize your head
no avatar
alexhf

XML Information for Autopano when using Arduino

by alexhf » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:41 am

I'm using an Arduino control to control my merlin panohead. Especially in Autopano Version 3.5 there is the possibilty to help Autopano to better stich in giving it the papywizard xml file. In my case I have no xml file.
I wonder if its possible to generate one with the settings (yaw, pitch, focal length, ...) I used in the Arduino control?
Any idea?

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

Re: XML Information for Autopano when using Arduino

by AlexandreJ » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:43 am

For sure you can generate the xml.
Just have a look at the specification here: http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/action/ ... _data_file

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:06 am

alexhf wrote:I'm using an Arduino control to control my merlin panohead. Especially in Autopano Version 3.5 there is the possibilty to help Autopano to better stich in giving it the papywizard xml file. In my case I have no xml file.
I wonder if its possible to generate one with the settings (yaw, pitch, focal length, ...) I used in the Arduino control?
Any idea?

If you are shooting a regular matrix/grid - and don't wish to program your Arduino to create the XML data file - then you could consider using Papywizard in simulation mode to create an XML data file.

phill.butte

by phill.butte » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:39 pm

If you are looking for a simple XML generator for mosaic panoramas (where the number of columns doesn’t change with the pitch angle) I’ve attached a Javascript powered webform that may help. Just download it to your PC and change the file type from “.txt” to “.htm” and open in a web browser. You may have to click yes to a warning message to make the Javascript work.
Instructions are included at the bottom of the form. Although it does have some limitations, it does work well for mosaic style panoramas and 360 degree panoramas done in mosaic format (e.g., the Gigapan Epic 100 or the Skywatcher Allview when using the built in panorama features). If you’ve built your own pano head and the angle between each image is constant and known, it should work fine.
If you have a different number of rows for different pitch angles, then using a Papywizard preset to generate the XML within Papywizard is the better tool.
Attachments
Papywizard Universal Panoramic XML Generator.txt
(48.99 KiB) Downloaded 50 times

Return to Motorized panohead project: Merlin, Orion & Papywizard