Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:18 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:48 am 

I posted a similar question in the APG forum but maybe the answer is in Panotour instead.

I have a 360 / 180 pano where I forgot to shoot a nadir shot. When I assemble it in APG, it gives me empty pixels all along the bottom.

If I use the pitch tool at 90 degrees, this empty area comes up as a much smaller roundish patch in the middle of the pano. I would like to be able to render that, export it to Photoshop for fixing and painting. But when I bring that one into Panotour, it only allows me to rotate around the bottom of the room since that is what is now in the center of the pano. Is there a way to tell Panotour to move the pitch to -90 degrees?

Thank you

Bo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:09 am 

Bmachine wrote:
I have a 360 / 180 pano where I forgot to shoot a nadir shot. When I assemble it in APG, it gives me empty pixels all along the bottom.

That´s what it´s supposed to do.

Bmachine wrote:
If I use the pitch tool at 90 degrees, this empty area comes up as a much smaller roundish patch in the middle of the pano.

Don´t do that. Instead use the following workflow:

Drag your equirectangular rendering onto the KRPano-droplet: "convert sphere to cube". This will give you six cubefaces.
Take the down-face - this one shows the "Nadir-hole". In Photoshop you can easily retouch it using the stamp-tool.
After that drag all six cube-faces to the droplet "convert cube to sphere". This one will give you back an equirectangular image with a
closed Nadir-hole.

You can find the KRPano-Tools in your PTP-folder if you have a PTP license.

You also can use PTP for making cube-faces - but i always use the KRPano droplets for doing it.

best, Klaus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:39 pm 

Thank you Klaus.

I do have a Panotour license but I am not finding finding KRPano anywhere. Is it hidden someplace?
Or is it only for Panotour Pro?

Bo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:45 pm 

Bmachine wrote:
Thank you Klaus.

I do have a Panotour license but I am not finding finding KRPano anywhere. Is it hidden someplace?
Or is it only for Panotour Pro?

Bo

You can only export the krpano license from PT Pro.

But you could buy a krpano license from krpano.com.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:55 pm 

Thanks mediavets! I will check into that option.

Bo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:01 pm 

Bmachine wrote:
Thanks mediavets! I will check into that option.

Bo

You might also like to look at Pano2VR which can export cube face and vice versa , amd also offers an interesting patch tool:
http://ggnome.com/pano2vr

http://ggnome.com/wiki/Patching_Images_%28Pano2VR%29

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:02 pm 

That video always impresses me but I for one do not shoot the nadir... Its a bit hard with the VR Drive.. I have tried using a ball head but that is clumsy and not that successful.. Photoshop has some really nice advised tools and you can create droplets to do most of the work.. Using tools like the clone or stamp is far too limited.. Its fine for the final touch ups but even then I don't use those... They are certainly not tools to do the entire footprint patch.... The only time I would have issues would be when the footprint was a no-repettitive design carpet .. I would then have to capture a Nadir shot.. For each situation calls for different methods to be used..

But everyone to their own.. I am sure a better solution added to APG is coming soon.. You can already pull the entire image down but... I have not been successful in adding a nadir patch in this way..

Destiny...

Attachments:
fixed-Nadir.jpg
fixed-Nadir.jpg [ 623.33 KiB | Viewed 439 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:51 am 

I noticed there was a "Use Nadir Patch" option when you click on a panorama at the bottom right. I'll have to go and look for the documentation on that and see if that might help also.