Display part of Panorama  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0 problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
RS360VTS

Display part of Panorama

by RS360VTS » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:38 am

Hi Guys,
I hope this is possible in PTP2

All my scenes are full 360x180 equirectangular images.
Normally not a problem, but I have a client who wants one of the scenes to only run part of the way around.
So for example, starting at 0, rather than running the full 360, I want this one scene to stop at 215 degrees, then move on to the next scene in the autotour. How can this be achieved?

Regards

RS360VTS

no avatar
mediavets

Re: Display part of Panorama

by mediavets » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:28 am

RS360VTS wrote:Hi Guys,
I hope this is possible in PTP2

All my scenes are full 360x180 equirectangular images.
Normally not a problem, but I have a client who wants one of the scenes to only run part of the way around.
So for example, starting at 0, rather than running the full 360, I want this one scene to stop at 215 degrees, then move on to the next scene in the autotour. How can this be achieved?

Regards

RS360VTS

The best you can do via the GUI is to use the Crop tool in the Hotspot editor.

But you have to use a 'hack' to do it.

1. Select the pano you wish to crop, select the crop tool and you'll see crop handles on the V-axis but not on the H-axis; then change the HFOV in the Input field of view from 360 to 359.

2. Select a different pano, the reselect the pano you wish to crop, and you see that you can now find crop handles on the H axis.

3. Use the crop handles on the h-axis to limit the view as required..

4. Change the HFOV in the Input field of view back to 360.

Autotour doesn't handle partial panos as you might expect at presnet but you will have limited the HFOV.

Try it and see if it's good enough.
Attachments
1-ptp2-crop-hfov.jpg

RS360VTS

by RS360VTS » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:44 pm

Hi John,

That works (to a point). It certainly restricts the HPV but in an autotour the scene pans through the cropped area, then reverses and goes back again and when gets back to the start point, stats off again... so the autotour gets stuck on this scene...

Any ideas? Maybe we have to edit the scene xml file?

Thanks

Best Regards

Richard

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:11 pm

RS360VTS wrote:Hi John,

That works (to a point). It certainly restricts the HPV but in an autotour the scene pans through the cropped area, then reverses and goes back again and when gets back to the start point, stats off again... so the autotour gets stuck on this scene...

Any ideas? Maybe we have to edit the scene xml file?

Thanks

Best Regards

Richard

I think you will find that in the end it will advance to the next scene - at least it did for me.

But as I said there's a known issue with partial panos and the Autotour feature at the moment; and now you've experienced it for yourself.

I don't know whether it's possible o resolve it by editing the XML.

RS360VTS

by RS360VTS » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:10 pm

Thanks John,

I will have a look at the xml file... but may just tell the client its not possible....

Many Thanks..

Richard

no avatar
Andrew Lyons

by Andrew Lyons » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:30 am

I'm not an expert in PTP by any means, but if you never want to view past 215 degrees, couldn't you crop the equi before importing into PTP and selecting a "flat" output projection.

That's what I did, when I didn't want to show a particularly ugly part of a construction site.

just a suggestion from a novice.......

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:46 am

Andrew Lyons wrote:I'm not an expert in PTP by any means, but if you never want to view past 215 degrees, couldn't you crop the equi before importing into PTP and selecting a "flat" output projection.

That's what I did, when I didn't want to show a particularly ugly part of a construction site.

just a suggestion from a novice.......

215 degrees HFOV would be too great for and image to look acceptable with flat/rectilinear output projection.

http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/action/ ... ting_Modes

http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutori ... ctions.htm

You would still have the issue with Autotour behaviour.

benji33
Kolor Team

by benji33 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:03 pm

Yes issue is due to the fact than your autorotation is based on the 360° so with stop and acceleration it is "buggy" with partial panoramas.
We have an opened task on this partial panorama problem. But no good temporary solution for the moment because the code is the same for all panoramas.

Return to Using Panotour / Panotour Pro