Less CP vs height RMS  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
vitoreis

Less CP vs height RMS

by vitoreis » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:15 pm

What the best? Good RMS or more points?

If I add some (manual or not) control point and they increase the RMS, I must delete it even if I know they are correct?

thanks,
Vitor

no avatar
klausesser

Re: Less CP vs height RMS

by klausesser » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:15 pm

vitoreis wrote:What the best? Good RMS or more points?

If I add some (manual or not) control point and they increase the RMS, I must delete it even if I know they are correct?

thanks,
Vitor

let me guess what you mean:
Do you mean there is a relation between the number of CPs and RMS? Well yes and no i believe . . ;) :cool:
What i found - for myself - is, that you better go for as low RMS as possible - no matter of the numbers of CPs.

I always only stop editing when my RMS is around 1. That´s why usually shoot hires panos - and when you zoom in @100% you eveb see very small stitch-errors.

Shooting with a fisheye - low number of shots - it´s a bit easier . . . but also here i go for a RMS of max. 1 - i don´t care for the numbers of CPs.

best, Klaus

no avatar
Jeremiahscott

by Jeremiahscott » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:23 pm

wow Klaus! an RMS of 1? impressive! i usually stop around an RMS of 3 and then fix the rest in photoshop. but thats just me :)

no avatar
vitoreis

by vitoreis » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:47 pm

RMS 1??? I have a long way to go :/ :rolleyes:

Let's say that "auto control points" give me 38 points with RMS 3,04. I manually add more 10 (100% correct) points but my RMS is now 3,55. I should delete this extra points?

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:13 pm

vitoreis wrote:RMS 1??? I have a long way to go :/ :rolleyes:

Let's say that "auto control points" give me 38 points with RMS 3,04. I manually add more 10 (100% correct) points but my RMS is now 3,55. I should delete this extra points?

If the stitch is good why add more; if the stitch is not good is it related to your shooting technique and pattern?

no avatar
vitoreis

by vitoreis » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:54 pm

mediavets wrote:
If the stitch is good why add more; if the stitch is not good is it related to your shooting technique and pattern?

Bad calibration of my NN4... first test panos at exterior seems to be ok. Then I shoot my first client and find a lot of errors stitching the nadir. The good is: I know why it happened. The bad: don´t want to go back to client.

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:18 am

vitoreis wrote:
mediavets wrote:

Bad calibration of my NN4... first test panos at exterior seems to be ok. Then I shoot my first client and find a lot of errors stitching the nadir. The good is: I know why it happened. The bad: don´t want to go back to client.

If it´s just the Nadir - do it another way: let the Nadir-shot away, stitch the pano, drag the equirectangular rendering to the KRPano-droplet "convert sphere to cube". You´ll get sixe cubefaces. Retouch the Nadir-hole in the down-face.
Drag *all* six cubefaces together to the droplet "convert cube to sphere" - this way you get a new equirectagular . . . but this one includes the corrected Nadir.

best, Klaus

Return to Using Autopano Pro & Autopano Giga