I would like to learn more about sound script  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
ATXcloud

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

I would like to learn more about sound script

by ATXcloud » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:26 am

Hi,

I've recently been playing around with adding sound, and would like to learn more about the values of the within the script.

Code: Select all
playsound3D(soundspot2,builddata/sounds/sound1.mp3,270.823,-0.32967,90,1,0)

specifically, the section at the end:
Code: Select all
90,1,0)

From what I've learned:
90= the field of vision that has sound. So, that If I look directly at the direction of the sound it plays at full volume. If I were to turn 90degrees from that coordinate, then the audio trails off to silence. If I were to change the value to 180, then the audio can be heard further, and the audio goes silent only when I face 180degrees away from the direction.

The next two values, 1,0).... I'm not certain of what they do, of which I turn to you for explanation.
Can someone please explain what they do?
1=?
0=?

Finally, I'm working on a project were there is a noisy machine in one area of the building. I dream of being able to control volume, scene to scene, as the viewer approaches and moves away from the machine, and still maintain global audio file... One alternative idea is to create scene specific audio files set to the appropriate volume. However, breaks the audio play sequence transitioning from scene to scene, and is a reduced user experience. Perhaps I should throw that to the wish list of the futures forum.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Drew!

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 228 posts
Info

Re: I would like to learn more about sound script

by Destiny » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:56 am

Hi.. If you recored in stereo, you might be able to get rid of some of the background sound.. For one, you most definably need a muffy thing for your mic.. You can edit some sounds out using software.. I have SoundTrack Pro and other software of audio editing software...... I might be able to clean the audio up for you ... no sure.. Sound is not my thing.. If you have audio in your Tour, you might want to consider a player.. I have a JS player/s you can use if you need it...

Destiny...

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:21 am

ATXcloud wrote:Hi,

I've recently been playing around with adding sound, and would like to learn more about the values of the within the script.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Drew!

Did you find the krpano documentation?:

http://krpano.com/plugins/soundinterface/

ATXcloud

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

by ATXcloud » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:11 am

Mediavets,

Thank you! I did try searching krpano's xml doc with no results. Didn't think to look into the plugin section. Looks like there is some great code already hashed out. KRpano, plugins, & kolor never cease to amaze me about what can be done.

Destiny,

Thank you, however, don't think the js player is necessary since kolor's ptp comes with the swf & js files. As for the sound, the audio was actually captured by a professional sound technician, then post by an audio engineer. Crazy to think all that work went into, what is essentially a rather ambient yet noisy machine. While I've dabbled with audio post such as Abelton Live... it's not my forte, and grateful for the crew I work with.

Thank you all once again.

Andrew