Help for a beginner  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
klausesser

Re: Help for a beginner

by klausesser » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:12 pm

felix wrote:what does a floating nodal point mean? in case my friend allows me to borrow his fisheye once more and i build my panohead especially for the fisheye's nodal point.

surprisingly i havent found anything yet regarding the nodal point distance for the "walimex pro I 8mm"

Setthe NPP according to an average shooting distance inside the smallest room.

But anyway: the floating in fisheyes means it moves jus one or two millimeters . . .

Klaus

no avatar
HansKeesom

by HansKeesom » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:43 pm

DrSlony wrote:If you use a fisheye lens, there is no need for adjustable heavy expensive heads. All 300$ gets you is feeling special for a few months, until you meet someone with an 800$ head, and for a moment you feel not so special, but then your ego defense mechanism kicks in and you think that someone is silly for having spent 800$ on a pano head and you reaffirm yourself that you made the right choice, but after a few weeks of carrying your heavy professional 300$ head up mountains you realize even 300$ is just as silly for something that does such an incredibly simple job as keeping your lens ~8cm away from the rotational axis :cool:

Of course if you want to shoot panos using several lenses, then an adjustable head is nice and the above does not apply. I like the Bushman Gobi head Kolor is advertising, 320 gram! http://bushman-panoramic.com/panoramic-heads/gobi.php

You actually are making my point if you realise you will start with a fisheye but as we all know soon you will try other lenses too. Then you need too drill another hole.
I don't know about feeling special, I feel like that my whole life already so it is not so speciall anymore.

no avatar
HansKeesom

by HansKeesom » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:52 pm

a bit late but the results are in.

One without markers
One with markers
and a jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jj9wh6brcnb9rtf/vRLepZDZcM

DrSlony

by DrSlony » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:28 am

I would assume most people start with non-fisheyes, since that is what you get when you buy a camera, and only progress to fisheyes once they have enough reason to do so. Either way, if I needed it, I might buy a Gobi because I can't make a solid, adjustable and sexy pano head that weighs 320g, but if I could, why would I? That's the point. :]

Something wrong with the link, looks like this on my end: http://i.imgur.com/ZV3E8Fu.png

no avatar
HansKeesom

by HansKeesom » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:38 pm

link looks fine to me.

for the rest, everyone can do whatever he/she like too, no problem. But asked for advice, I say don't waiste your time on saving a few hundred dollar with the risc of being disappointed in the end.

no avatar
lumelix

by lumelix » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:24 pm

felix wrote:what does a floating nodal point mean?

Hi Felix
You can find informations about floating nodal point on this page:
http://www.pierretoscani.com/echo_fisheyes_english.html

Klick the animated graphic of the 10.5mm Fisheye Nikkor.
You can see that the position of the nodal point isn't only dependent from the focus distance but also from the angle of view (Theta). This angle should be set where you want to stitch your images (overlapping).
Regards
Martin

Previous

Return to Using Autopano Pro & Autopano Giga