How to define the reference level when using stacks?  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
DrSlony

How to define the reference level when using stacks?

by DrSlony » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:49 pm

Settings lets you choose "Detect links in: [x] The reference level, [ ] All stack levels".
APG-3.5.0-b2 chose the darkest level as the reference one. That seems like a poor choice! Not only because brighter images have a higher signal-to-noise ratio, but also because if I need to edit the links its nice to see what I'm doing :] Attached is a screenshot showing an image from the reference level and one I'd like to stitch, but I'd also like to see what I'm stitching.
How do I make APG use a brighter reference level?
Attachments
scrot_2014-02-25 164808.png
Reference level images - dark!

no avatar
mediavets

Re: How to define the reference level when using stacks?

by mediavets » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:18 pm

Like this:
Attachments
1-apg35-attach-index.jpg

DrSlony

by DrSlony » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:34 pm

Ah! Thank you!

no avatar
lumelix

by lumelix » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:38 pm

"index of main picture" ?? Really kryptic, I like it!
Regards
Martin

Destiny

by Destiny » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:46 pm

This might be how to set the index reference image.. But... If you have say 5 bracketed shots, and set it to 3, that makes sense.. A nice even blend between the opposites.. Then set it to 2 or 4.. then detect and render.. Strange I can see no difference at all... emmmm I have tried every version since 2.6 over the past few years and found no difference .... The actual stack changes visually but not the rendered pano... So.. what am I missing...

Or is setting the index just to tell APG which would be the best reference pano layer where the corresponding layers takes their reference from.. In other words, a stitching aid rather than a EV level...

Destiny...

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:27 am

Destiny wrote:This might be how to set the index reference image.. But... If you have say 5 bracketed shots, and set it to 3, that makes sense.. A nice even blend between the opposites.. Then set it to 2 or 4.. then detect and render.. Strange I can see no difference at all... emmmm I have tried every version since 2.6 over the past few years and found no difference .... The actual stack changes visually but not the rendered pano... So.. what am I missing...

Or is setting the index just to tell APG which would be the best reference pano layer where the corresponding layers takes their reference from.. In other words, a stitching aid rather than a EV level...

Destiny...

yes.

DrSlony

by DrSlony » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:31 am

It's not for EV adjustment, but it's more than just a stitching aid, since lighter (but non-clipped) images have a higher signal:noise ratio which should mean better feature matching.

Return to Using Autopano Pro & Autopano Giga