Ristrict user to watch specific rooms only  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
Alain
Member
 
Topic author
Posts: 31
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:15 am
Info

Ristrict user to watch specific rooms only

by Alain » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:00 pm

Hi

I'm searching for a solution to restrict users watching only some specific rooms of a real estate.

Example:
A tour starts on a extorior place (the garden for example) of a real estate. When the user wants to enter the house then a windows should pop up which tells him that he has to get a password to enter and see the interior.

The goal is to lock rooms for specific users for a specific timerange by password.

Does anyone know how to solve this task ?

Kind regards
Alain

no avatar
mediavets
Moderator
 
Posts: 16415
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 130 posts
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.
Info

Re: Ristrict user to watch specific rooms only

by mediavets » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:11 pm

Alain wrote:Hi

I'm searching for a solution to restrict users watching only some specific rooms of a real estate.

Example:
A tour starts on a extorior place (the garden for example) of a real estate. When the user wants to enter the house then a windows should pop up which tells him that he has to get a password to enter and see the interior.

The goal is to lock rooms for specific users for a specific timerange by password.

Does anyone know how to solve this task ?

Kind regards
Alain


Why would anyone wish to restrict access to a real estate tour?

no avatar
Alain
Member
 
Topic author
Posts: 31
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:15 am
Info

Re: Ristrict user to watch specific rooms only

by Alain » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:51 pm

Not to the hole tour, only to specific rooms.

Kind regards
Alain

no avatar
mediavets
Moderator
 
Posts: 16415
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 130 posts
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.
Info

Re: Ristrict user to watch specific rooms only

by mediavets » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:01 pm

Alain wrote:Not to the hole tour, only to specific rooms.

Kind regards
Alain


Why do you or your client wish to restrict access to any part of the tour?

What is the thinking behind this notion?

User avatar
klausesser
Member
 
Posts: 8836
Likes: 5 posts
Liked in: 64 posts
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany
Info

Re: Ristrict user to watch specific rooms only

by klausesser » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:09 pm

Alain wrote:Not to the hole tour, only to specific rooms.


I guess the most logical way to achieve that is by making different versions of the tour and use different URLs. ;) :cool:

Klaus

no avatar
Alain
Member
 
Topic author
Posts: 31
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:15 am
Info

Re: Ristrict user to watch specific rooms only

by Alain » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:21 pm

@mediavets
Some real estate salesman do not want "open" every room of their real estates to the hole world and they want a "personal" contact to its customers.
The idea is to tease customer by opening some rooms, if they want to see more then they have to contact the salesman by asking for a password.
You also can keep some privacy by locking some rooms to the rest of the world.

I guess nobody wants walking everybody through every room of its house, right ? ;-)

Alain

no avatar
Alain
Member
 
Topic author
Posts: 31
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:15 am
Info

Re: Ristrict user to watch specific rooms only

by Alain » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:23 pm

@Klaus
Would this also work with Skins ?
Example: I have a Skin where I can popup a floorplan, when I go to the next room (linked by URL) then, I guess, the popuped floorplan would disapear, because the state of the Skin will be lost in the next room, right ?

Edit:
But basically it could work... I could create a "Teaser-Tour" and a "Password-Tour" and managing it by .htaccess, is it that would you mean ;-) This way also the "Skinproblem" would be obsolet.

Kind regards
Alain

User avatar
klausesser
Member
 
Posts: 8836
Likes: 5 posts
Liked in: 64 posts
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany
Info

Re: Ristrict user to watch specific rooms only

by klausesser » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:43 pm

Alain wrote:I could create a "Teaser-Tour" and a "Password-Tour" and managing it by .htaccess, is it that would you mean ;-) This way also the "Skinproblem" would be obsolet.



Hi Alain!

Yes - that´s what i meant. Guess you even can keep the floorplan - but without links to the "forbidden rooms" :cool:

best to you, Klaus

no avatar
mediavets
Moderator
 
Posts: 16415
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 130 posts
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.
Info

Re: Ristrict user to watch specific rooms only

by mediavets » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:39 pm

Alain wrote:@mediavets
Some real estate salesman do not want "open" every room of their real estates to the hole world and they want a "personal" contact to its customers.
The idea is to tease customer by opening some rooms, if they want to see more then they have to contact the salesman by asking for a password.
You also can keep some privacy by locking some rooms to the rest of the world.

I guess nobody wants walking everybody through every room of its house, right ? ;-)

Alain

I can understand not necessarily showing every room ( I imagine most people will visit a property in person before committing to buy it) but I don't understand forcing personal contact with salesman in that way - I think it will really just put people off and they will not bother to request the a password.

It's bad enough having to deal with real estate agents at all, being forced to is just rubbing salt in the wound.

no avatar
mediavets
Moderator
 
Posts: 16415
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 130 posts
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.
Info

Re: Ristrict user to watch specific rooms only

by mediavets » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:40 pm

Alain wrote:But basically it could work... I could create a "Teaser-Tour" and a "Password-Tour" and managing it by .htaccess, is it that would you mean ;-) This way also the "Skinproblem" would be obsolet.

Kind regards
Alain


Sounds like the simplest solution.

User avatar
klausesser
Member
 
Posts: 8836
Likes: 5 posts
Liked in: 64 posts
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany
Info

Re: Ristrict user to watch specific rooms only

by klausesser » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:16 pm

mediavets wrote:I can understand not necessarily showing every room ( I imagine most people will visit a property in person before committing to buy it) but I don't understand forcing personal contact with salesman in that way - I think it will really just put people off and they will not bother to request the a password.

It's bad enough having to deal with real estate agents at all, being forced to is just rubbing salt in the wound.



Somtimes people have their rown private reasons not to show every room in the house to everybody worldwide
but prefer to have some kind of "filter" to whom they show it resp. let the agent decide what to show to whom.

When an agent realizes real interest he can "open" the restricted part of the site or show it in a personal conversation/presentation or so.

We sometimes forget that the web is worldwide - everyone between Anchorage and Cape Town can look into our home when it´s on
a site without restriction.

best, Klaus

User avatar
bdd
Kolor Team
 
Posts: 2802
Likes: 14 posts
Liked in: 130 posts
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Info

Re: Ristrict user to watch specific rooms only

by bdd » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:42 pm

Alain wrote:Hi

I'm searching for a solution to restrict users watching only some specific rooms of a real estate.

Example:
A tour starts on a extorior place (the garden for example) of a real estate. When the user wants to enter the house then a windows should pop up which tells him that he has to get a password to enter and see the interior.

The goal is to lock rooms for specific users for a specific timerange by password.

Does anyone know how to solve this task ?

Kind regards
Alain


With version 2.0, it can be done by external JavaScript coding.
On your spot, call a JavaScript function, that asks for the password and checks it.
When the password is validated, then load the new panorama directly from the JavaScript code.

no avatar
Alain
Member
 
Topic author
Posts: 31
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:15 am
Info

Re: Ristrict user to watch specific rooms only

by Alain » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:20 pm

klausesser wrote:
Alain wrote:I could create a "Teaser-Tour" and a "Password-Tour" and managing it by .htaccess, is it that would you mean ;-) This way also the "Skinproblem" would be obsolet.



Hi Alain!

Yes - that´s what i meant. Guess you even can keep the floorplan - but without links to the "forbidden rooms" :cool:

best to you, Klaus


Do you know a way to create a custom Loginform instead of that ugly standard ".htaccess-loginwindow" ?

Kind regards
Alain


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron