and still it can be useful sometimes

EDIT:
Solution here: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=21531&p=146585#p146585

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:38 am 

tamiro wrote:
i wish to have an option to define the "Architectural View" as a default view
i know that i can chenge it thru "Context menu"

and still it can be useful sometimes

I assist - asking for it since long. But it still seems not to be possible . . . In PTP i edit each pano´s xml.
In KRPano i set it as default for all generated panos in the template. Works fine.

Whether it´s possible to make it default in PTP2´s template-xml i don´t know - i didn´t update yet
and can´t evaluate the xml.

Klaus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:38 pm 

At this time Normal view is the only one supported for all panoramas with Panotour.

But Architectural view can be activated on each view with this kind of code into the main xml (be careful with littleplanet intro and context menu projections which erase these data) :
<view ...
architectural="1.0"
stereographic="false"
pannini="false"
fisheye="0.0"
... />

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:27 pm 

benji33 wrote:
At this time Normal view is the only one supported for all panoramas with Panotour.

But Architectural view can be activated on each view with this kind of code into the main xml (be careful with littleplanet intro and context menu projections which erase these data) :
<view ...
architectural="1.0"
stereographic="false"
pannini="false"
fisheye="0.0"
... />

The very same i do - did - in PTP1.8 . . . .

It´s a vital feature when you shoot panos for galleries, artists or architects. They really hate the heavy distortions
which occour when you tilt up and down.
I can´t understand that: you implemented so many . . . features into PTP2 - but not such a vital one . .
Are you really on a way creating your app firsthand for landscape-shooting hobbyists who *love* to have tons of features?

Klaus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:09 am 

Hi,
This feature request is registered into our task list.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:14 pm 

benji33 wrote:
Hi,
This feature request is registered into our task list.

Hi Benji!

Ok - good news!

best, Klaus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:43 pm 

In the tasklist since the first beta-versions!!!!!!

It seems really not important to kolor, only some strange guys are asking for....

Felix

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:14 am 

No, it's into our list from many time it's true, but this feature apply many changes and validations to do. It's not a trivial change.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:48 pm 

benji33 wrote:
No, it's into our list from many time it's true, but this feature apply many changes and validations to do. It's not a trivial change.

Benji - it´s ONE word and ONE number when i add it in the xml of PTP1.8 manually:

<view architectural="1" hlookat="0" vlookat="0" maxpixelzoom="1.0" fov="60" fovmax="70" limitview="auto" />

Are you really telling: ". . . . this feature apply many changes and validations to do. It's not a trivial change."???

Please do not forget that after all there still are some few professionals among your clients who might desperately need THIS kind of features more than 75% of the rather gimmicking rest of the features . .

What are the vital advanced features compared to PTP1.8? What´s a real step forewards?

1) LiveVideo.
2) Compatibility with html5/js for Androids.

That´s it. All other things either can be done also in 1.8 or are of lesser importance for people like me.

For me - as well as for many other pros i´m in permenent contact with - It´s unacceptable to expect from a client first to set manually the projection for viewing a pano/tour the best way which suits him. That´s amateurish - definitely a no go.

Architects, artists and others, who hate extreme vertical distortions because it´s badly influences their works on the screen - are not used in these things like users for whom it´s ok to configure their viewer first.

The work i do and many other professionals also do usually is "tailored" to the need of very critical and demanding clients.
The fact is: it´s almost imposssible to convince for example famous architects, artists and other creators of objects as well as high-class real estate agents that interactive panorama-photography can be fine for them. I encounter that fact each time i´m in meetings with this kind of potential clients.

They prefer classical architectural photography resp. classic photography generally. Straight, minimal distorted, clean.

They say that panorama-photography in their eyes is "hobby stuff" and terrible looking - because their products/projects are presented in an extremely distorted way.

And they´re right!

One of the ways to convince these peopile is to minimize inavoidable distortions. And here the architectural view is of VERY important help!

I wrote about that all many times here. But it seems that people like me have kind of fallen out of Kolor´s focus meanwhile.

Klaus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:12 am 

I understand your request.
It's trivial to do on your own xml but not on all the software, because many methods are based on rectilinear default view and must be validated in all "directions".
But yes it's a feature request for a long (... very long) time. And it will be added into one of the first 2.X version.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:48 pm 

Can anyone tell me how I can force a pano to display in architectural view so it's automatic at the customer end when they view or upload the tour onto their own website for hosting (i.e. not add a button to the pano or have to right click on the tour to select it)

People have mentioned about editing the xml, but if anyone can give me exactly what script to include and where to include it and in which files: I believe it is in two files krpano.xml (I think this translates to the filoe I call mytour.xml) and default.xml (but I don't know if this relates to the mytour_core.xml, mytour_messages_en.xml or mytour_skin.xml) but I may be wrong.....

Please can a kind someone give a novice user a detailed heads up - it is a showstopper for one of my clients and I need a quick fix until Kolor makes this an option (sooner rather than later pretty please :-)) Thanks guys! Vicky

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:35 am 
Administrator

VCWC wrote:
Can anyone tell me how I can force a pano to display in architectural view so it's automatic at the customer end when they view or upload the tour onto their own website for hosting (i.e. not add a button to the pano or have to right click on the tour to select it)

People have mentioned about editing the xml, but if anyone can give me exactly what script to include and where to include it and in which files: I believe it is in two files krpano.xml (I think this translates to the filoe I call mytour.xml) and default.xml (but I don't know if this relates to the mytour_core.xml, mytour_messages_en.xml or mytour_skin.xml) but I may be wrong.....

Please can a kind someone give a novice user a detailed heads up - it is a showstopper for one of my clients and I need a quick fix until Kolor makes this an option (sooner rather than later pretty please :-)) Thanks guys! Vicky

Hello,

Follow the instructions here: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=22911#p145178

If you follow those instructions correctly, your panos will start in architectural view.

Annis

Ps: Also check this page in our documentation for extra plugins that have been made available, some might interest you.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:10 pm 

Thank you Annis - I will try this :-)