Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:32 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:22 pm 

Can you bring back the old radar?

Th compass is really not user friendly for interior spaces

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:32 pm 

I agree very much !

The compass is a bad idea for outdoors also. There is no way to get it right without resorting to external maps. With the 1.8 radar there was no need for thirdparty tools.

leifs

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:37 am 

Personally, I feel the New Radar is exciting and a real step up.. There are so many more option with it now.. I think perhaps when you are used to using it, you might change your mind.. .

Destiny...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:39 am 

how do I easily make the radar and the pano point in line to the north ?

leifs

PS
the image is shown twice, and I am not able to delete the second one :-(
DS

Attachments:
nord.jpg
nord.jpg [ 85.02 KiB | Viewed 778 times ]
nord.jpg
nord.jpg [ 85.02 KiB | Viewed 778 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:49 am 

You can set North here.... Just slide the bar to point North of the view.. You can drag the 3D view where the baring will move with it. Just to make sure your North or direction is set right... The Radar will auto adjust to this.... Is this what you were asking..

Destiny...

Attachments:
setnorth.png
setnorth.png [ 64.94 KiB | Viewed 775 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:02 am 

Destiny wrote:
You can set North here.... Just slide the bar to point North of the view..

And how do I know where is "North of the view" ????

leifs

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:29 am 

Well that comes down you when you shot your Tour to take a compass with you. I would suggest you shoot your first shot pointing north so that then become your reference point... This would be the same with V1.8 too.. This is what I have done in the past..

Destiny...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:51 am 

You can buy a GPS attachment for a camera which can provide the compass baring and more... Perhaps you can think about buying one of those..

Destiny..

Attachments:
GPS.jpg
GPS.jpg [ 119.32 KiB | Viewed 767 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:39 pm 

Destiny wrote:
Well that comes down you when you shot your Tour to take a compass with you. I would suggest you shoot your first shot pointing north so that then become your reference point... This would be the same with V1.8 too.. This is what I have done in the past..
Destiny...

That's what it's all about !
In 1.8 this was not neccesary, I could use any recognisable point in the terrain to align the radar and ofcourse I knew where to put the spot on the map.
No need to record anything! That's what I did in 1.8.

leifs

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:54 pm 

Well if you have recorded a recognisable compass bearing, that is what you do with the bearing feature in the 3D view.. You slide that bearing according to the direction the view points towards.. Thats then done.. When you add your radar, it will automatically point in the direction you set that compass bearing at.. You can do that with all of your panos.. Its much better than PTP V1.8.. Have you tried it..

Destiny..

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:52 pm 

I just a thought you might not know about the Radar feature on the Map or Floor Plan.. You can choose any Map Point you like or even your own image, like a little flag.. After that you add your Map or Floor plan plugin and tick the Radar feature.. From there you setup the theme of your Radar.. better to set it with a high alpha value..

Setting the compass bearing using the Preview or 3D View as it was called in V1.8, in my view is one of PTP V2 5 Star improved features.. Its an awesome feature.. V1.8 only allowed for a 2D setting but V2 allows you to set the bearing using 3D view.. All your Radar bearings are taken from that setting, which you can edit at any time..

Destiny..

Attachments:
Radar+Map.jpg
Radar+Map.jpg [ 83.28 KiB | Viewed 751 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:18 am 

@Destiny

The compass is probably great for some application, outdoor with your GPS attachment, but the old radar should never have been removed.

I need to link 20 rooms quickly in the program to a floor plan, and I can't do it anymore. How do you know where the North is in a wine cellar with winding stairs? You can't with the North feature. It's really frustrating. I hope the Kolor team is reading this.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:02 am 

Sorry, I really still don't understand the issue.. How can V1.8 find North... Surely you need to know North to point the radar to North, even using V1.8.. Not only PTP V2 has the 3D option to direct you to North, you have the 2D option.... You can see your Full size map/floor plan, you can see the thumb images of your floor plan and you have compass to rotate to direct it to North.. The radar is automatically created... I guess the only thing missing is the actual Radar image rotating round like V1.8 has so I guess you could ask for that in the feature request.. In my opinion, PTP V2 is a REAL step in this feature.. You can edit the colours of your radar and alpha values too.. You can even have more than one colour Radar..

Destiny...

Attachments:
compasbearing.jpg
compasbearing.jpg [ 225.47 KiB | Viewed 725 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:00 am 

Destiny wrote:
Sorry, I really still don't understand the issue.. How can V1.8 find North...

In 1.8 there was no need to know where is north. I could point the radar to a recognisable item and rotate the pano to the same item.
The compass-solution is a big step backwards in usability !

leifs

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:23 am 

But you can still do that with the 3D view.. If you view a window or a door or fireplace within your pano, which you know the direction that feature point towards, you can set the compass really easily.. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.. I feel that the 3D method of setting a compass bearing is just so cool.. But if you cannot use that feature, they you can set all of your Multi Group Floor Plans or Global Tour map/floor plan compass bearing really easily using the 2D method too, which is really almost the same as V1.8..

Destiny..

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:23 am 

Hmm, have to say that I find the new radar and compass quite easy and logical to use. A job well done imo. Maybe there could be an option for classic or modern versions?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:08 am 

Yes... Perhaps if Kolor puts the visual Radar back on the 2D settings, so you can see it move on the floor plan or map, I think that would go a long way to achieve just that.

Destiny..

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:24 pm 
Administrator

Destiny wrote:
Yes... Perhaps if Kolor puts the visual Radar back on the 2D settings, so you can see it move on the floor plan or map, I think that would go a long way to achieve just that.

This point is into our the list of features to add for FloorPlans and also for the Map.