Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:57 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:00 pm 

Using Panotour V2.0.0 RC 2 64 Bit. Fullscreen button is not functional.

We have used the previous version 1.8 to create a tour and had not had any difficultly with the view fullscreen control bar button on the tool bar.

When we export using 2.0, the full screen button does not work. Exporting using the html5. Fullscreen button does not function here.

Both tours are imbedded on a webpage in a viewer window.

Any help would be great!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:09 pm 

bretfrk wrote:
Using Panotour V2.0.0 RC 2 64 Bit. Fullscreen button is not functional.

We have used the previous version 1.8 to create a tour and had not had any difficultly with the view fullscreen control bar button on the tool bar.

When we export using 2.0, the full screen button does not work. Exporting using the html5. Fullscreen button does not function here.

If you use the View last built tour button.. in PTP then fullscreen should work.

Building only HTML5 is self-defeating as the HTML5 viewer does not yet support all the functionality of the Flash viewer

Quote:
Both tours are imbedded on a webpage in a viewer window.

Any help would be great!

How are you 'embedding' the tour on the web page?

iframes work well.

HTML5 fullscreen is not supported on all devices nor all browsers.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:23 pm 

Yes, the view last tour fullscreen button works fine.
Using the direct link to the tour on the hosted server works fine (see link below).
When it is in the webpage (link below), it does not work. Furthermore, when I open the webpage in microsoft explorer, the fullscreen button is not visible. When opened in firefox or chrome, it is visible, but does not work.

See "360 Interactive Tour"
http://uniqueplacestolive.com/places/ca ... _field_51=

The same link which the accordion viewer references (button works)
http://up2.media.s3.amazonaws.com/up2/p ... 0Farm.html

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:31 pm 

bretfrk wrote:
Yes, the view last tour fullscreen button works fine.
Using the direct link to the tour on the hosted server works fine (see link below).

That's what i would expect.

Quote:
When it is in the webpage (link below), it does not work.

If you embed it using a correctly specified iframe it will work.

Quote:
Furthermore, when I open the webpage in microsoft explorer, the fullscreen button is not visible. When opened in firefox or chrome, it is visible, but does not work.

You mean from local disk? If so, then no it won't work.

Many more features in PTP 2.x are implemented in javascript nd must be delivered via a web server to operate correctly - because of browser security features - and when you use the view last built tou,.. button the tour is delivered via a lightweight built-in webserver.

Quote:
See "360 Interactive Tour"

The same link which the accordion viewer references (button works)
http://up2.media.s3.amazonaws.com/up2/p ... 0Farm.html

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:37 pm 

I understand the issues with the local disk vs the server hosted tours.
Windows explorer fullscreen button does not show up on a tour hosted on a web server (this case amazon).

Did you check the links provided? There is a direct link to the amazon server hosted tour, and the same tour in our website.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:48 pm 

bretfrk wrote:
I understand the issues with the local disk vs the server hosted tours.

OK.

Quote:
Windows explorer fullscreen button does not show up on a tour hosted on a web server (this case amazon).

Which version of Widow Explorer?

The fullscreen button is displayed and is functional when viewing wth IE 11.0.2 on Wimdows 8.1.

Only the latest versions support fullscreen HTML5.

Is your tour HTML5 only?

If so that's self-defeating because the HTML5 viewer does not yet support the full functionality offered by the Flsh viewer and not all browsers support HTML5 viewer completely.

Did you check the links provided? There is a direct link to the amazon server hosted tour, and the same tour in our website.[/quote]
Yes I did.

Amazon hosted tour looks fine with Firefox 26.

Fullscreen doesn't work in the 'accordion' viewer for your property,viewing with FF 26, but it does for this one:
http://uniqueplacestolive.com/places/ja ... h-carolina

This look fine with IE 11.0.2 as well with fullscreen button working too. It's a flash version that is displayed. Created with PTP 1.8 I believe.

Last edited by mediavets on Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:59 pm 

I forgot to mention, thanks for assisting with this issue! Your tests are the same as my results.

The direct link to the amazon server works because it is a direct link, but not useful as it is not imbedded in the website.

I am using explorer 11.0.9. Fullscreen does not work on Chrome 32.0.1, or Firefox 26

The tour which the fullscreen is not working is html 5, flash, desktop and mobile devices checked in the buidl settings. We are using html5 so that it can be viewed on ipad/iphone. It was built using 2.0

The tour which full screen is working (Jackson Mill Pond) was built using the 'build for mobile device' setting in Panotour 1.8. This one works as, I assume, is also html 5.

So the issue seems to me there is an error in the code in the new version 2.0 as the two different tours are exported using the html5 functionality, V1.8 works, V2.0 does not.

Last edited by bretfrk on Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:38 pm 

bretfrk wrote:
I forgot to mention, thanks for assisting with this issue! Your tests are the same as my results.

The direct link to the amazon server works because it is a direct link, but not useful as it is not imbedded in the website.

I am using explorer 11.0.9. Fullscreen does not work on Chrome 32.0.1, or Firefox 26

Are you saying the fullscreen does or does not work with these browser when you are viewing the Amazon hosted tour?

The tour which the fullscreen is not working is html 5, flash, desktop and mobile devices checked in the build settings. We are using html5 so that it can be viewed on ipad/iphone. It was built using 2.0[/quote]

OK.

It's going to be rather small when surrounded with all the rest of that accordion viewer UI on an iPhone?

Quote:
The tour which full screen is working (Jackson Mill Pond) was built using the 'build for mobile device' setting in Panotour 1.8. This one works as, I assume, is also html 5.

I saw the Flash version when viewing with desktop browsers - which is what I would expect as the HTML5 version produced with PTP 1.8 was only viewable with Apple iDevices. i don't have one of those nor any Android devices.
Quote:
So the issue seems to me there is an error in the code in the new version 2.0 as the two different tours are exported using the html5 functionality, V1.8 works, V2.0 does not.

The outputs of PTP 1.8 and 2.x are quite different in many ways.

Can you spell out how you are embedding the PTP 2.0 tour in the accordion viewer web page.

The best way to embed and PTP 2.x tour is to use an iframe.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:45 pm 

The view fullscreen button works using all browers when directly opening the html link on the amazon server but does not work when imbedded in the website when exporting to html 5 using v2.0

The fullscreen button does work when imbedded in the website on the accordion viewer in html 5 format using V1.8 to build the tour

The fullscreen button does NOT work when imbedded in the website on the accordion viewer in html5 format using v2.0 to build the tour.

I will get back to you on how we are embedding in the accordion viewer - I believe it is java. We can not use iframes.

I sound like a broken record, but the issue still seems like how 1.8 and 2.0 build the tour - same file formats being exported, same web accordion viewer, one works, one does not.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:14 pm 

bretfrk wrote:
The view fullscreen button works using all browers when directly opening the html link on the amazon server but does not work when imbedded in the website when exporting to html 5 using v2.0

The fullscreen button does work when imbedded in the website on the accordion viewer in html 5 format using V1.8 to build the tour

The fullscreen button does NOT work when imbedded in the website on the accordion viewer in html5 format using v2.0 to build the tour.

OK - that's clear, and makes 'sense' to me.

I will get back to you on how we are embedding in the accordion viewer - I believe it is java. We can not use iframes. [/quote]
The problems lie with how you are embedding the PTP 2.x tour. It's a pity you cannot use iframes.

Quote:
I sound like a broken record, but the issue still seems like how 1.8 and 2.0 build the tour - same file formats being exported, same web accordion viewer, one works, one does not.

And I expect I sound like a broken record when I say they are very different...the XML code is very different, the way similar functions are implemented is very different.

So what works for one may very well not work for the other.

PTP 2.x was a ground up rewrite it wasn't any sort of modification/development of 1.8.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:44 pm 

So I was using the Icontrol bar - and that did not allow the fullscreen button to work in the imbedded viewer on the website.

I tried the Docked Thumbnail and it worked - so it seems like the IControl bar coding has error?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:51 pm 

bretfrk wrote:
So I was using the Icontrol bar - and that did not allow the fullscreen button to work in the imbedded viewer on the website.

I tried the Docked Thumbnail and it worked - so it seems like the IControl bar coding has error?

You agree that the tour works when hosted non-embeded but some features don't when you have embedded it with your coding elsewhere.

So whose coding would you say might be at fault, yours or Kolor's? :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:55 pm 

The issue is still with Kolor since when I switched the type of control bar, one control bar's fullscreen button worked, and the other did not.

Our coding did not change, I changed the type of control bar on the tour build.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:57 pm 

bretfrk wrote:
The issue is still with Kolor since when I switched the type of control bar, one control bar's fullscreen button worked, and the other did not.

I don't agree since I believe both work when not embedded?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:06 am 

bretfrk wrote:

Our coding did not change, I changed the type of control bar on the tour build.

What kind of control bar doesn't work ? The "Docked" control bar used into your urls works for me.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:56 pm 

The IControl toolbar fullscreen did not work. I used this on the previous tour example.
The Docked toolbar that is on the tour now does work.
So it seems there is something wrong with the IControl.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:26 pm 

No issue found with fullscreen on iControlBar on FF and Chrome.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:33 pm 

benji33 wrote:
No issue found with fullscreen on iControlBar on FF and Chrome.

Apparently there is when the tour is embedded here:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:18 pm 

So apparently the website developer was working on the site at the same time I was yesterday. The fullscreen button error was on our end apparently when exporting in V2.0. When using 1.8, the fullscreen did in fact work - so whatever changes were made in 2.0, was the difference. They inserted some code to allow it go to full screen. Issue solved on our website.

There is some XML permission issues with the Amazon server. When you use Amazon servers, after the download, you have to allow sub folder permissions to allow "all" to read the xml file. The error you are seeing is when it is in process of downloading.

Thanks all for your help. I think my issue here is solved.