XML from Panoshoot 9 bytes !!  

Support on the Panoshoot device
no avatar
Photo-Web

XML from Panoshoot 9 bytes !!

by Photo-Web » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:51 pm

Hello,
After a panorama, I download the XML file and I found a 9 bytes file !! Inside, the text -90.
Download pinpoints are OK, so transmission is OK. But why is my XML file empty ?

Thanks

no avatar
panoramicessentials.com

Re: XML from Panoshoot 9 bytes !!

by panoramicessentials.com » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:40 pm

Can you verify the firmware version you are running?

There is an option in the config page that tells panoshoot to automatically download the xml files to your phone and then another session to put all session into one xml file. Is either of those options chosen?

no avatar
shais

by shais » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:54 pm

I also had this problem.
It happened when trying to download the XML with Android device (manually) running the latest firmware.
On Windows laptop it downloaded OK (though the XMLs themselves weren't really useful for APG)

Shai

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:02 pm

shais wrote:On Windows laptop it downloaded OK (though the XMLs themselves weren't really useful for APG)

Shai

Why was that?

no avatar
shais

by shais » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:29 pm

Because there seems to be a problem with bracketing in the XML, and the results are sometimes weird. And quite a few times I got incomplete XMLs because the session in panoshoot froze or got disconnected while shooting

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:34 pm

shais wrote:Because there seems to be a problem with bracketing in the XML, and the results are sometimes weird.

When Panoshoot was first marketed I commented on the fact that the Panoshoot XML files did not appear to be compliant with the Papywizard 'standard/definition and was told - after a somewhat 'robust' discussion with Panoshoot's developer(s) - that it didn't matter because they worked just fine.

Hmmm...

no avatar
shais

by shais » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:02 pm

Well, there are quite a few problems we all are waiting to be solved.
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=21149

This is just one of them.
Panoshoot said that they are working on a solution together with Kolor, so we should be getting some news in a week or so.

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:43 pm

shais wrote:Because there seems to be a problem with bracketing in the XML, and the results are sometimes weird. And quite a few times I got incomplete XMLs because the session in panoshoot froze or got disconnected while shooting

Basically there are two options triggering the camera and storing the information in the XML:
1) one pulse triggers all bracketed shots as a series, one impuls per position is written in the XML. This is ideal for those who process the brackets BEFORE stitching.
2) each bracket ist triggered seperately and for each position the pulses get written in the XML seperately. Thisi is ideal for those who import the brackets into
APG and hget them stitched as stacks.

The panoneed head for example allows both ways - you can select to connect the camera to the controller (one pulse per position writte to the XML) or you choose to connect the camera straight to the head and get the number of exposures per position written into the XML.

This way you have all options using PromoteControl and other devices or hacks like MagicLantern in a very easy way.

Klaus

P.S.: 9 bytes is a usual size for the XML file from a 6 - 7 shots with a fisheye.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:13 pm

klausesser wrote:
shais wrote:Because there seems to be a problem with bracketing in the XML, and the results are sometimes weird. And quite a few times I got incomplete XMLs because the session in panoshoot froze or got disconnected while shooting

Basically there are two options triggering the camera and storing the information in the XML:
1) one pulse triggers all bracketed shots as a series, one impuls per position is written in the XML. This is ideal for those who process the brackets BEFORE stitching.
2) each bracket ist triggered seperately and for each position the pulses get written in the XML seperately. Thisi is ideal for those who import the brackets into APG and get them stitched as stacks.

There's a third option. Some cameras will shoot the bracketed sequence with one trigger - but you want three instances recorded in the XML if you plan to use APG's stacks feature.

P.S.: 9 bytes is a usual size for the XML file from a 6 - 7 shots with a fisheye.

Perhaps you are thinking of 9 K bytes?

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:49 pm

mediavets wrote:
klausesser wrote:Basically there are two options triggering the camera and storing the information in the XML:
2) each bracket ist triggered seperately and for each position the pulses get written in the XML seperately. Thisi is ideal for those who import the brackets into APG and get them stitched as stacks.

There's a third option. Some cameras will shoot the bracketed sequence with one trigger - but you want three instances recorded in the XML if you plan to use APG's stacks feature.

Yes - this option you can also have from the T&C handheld controller. Firmware per email from Josef.

mediavets wrote:
klausesser wrote:P.S.: 9 bytes is a usual size for the XML file from a 6 - 7 shots with a fisheye.

mediavets wrote:Perhaps you are thinking of 9 K bytes?

Oops - you´re right! :cool:

Klaus

no avatar
Photo-Web

by Photo-Web » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:17 pm

Thanks a lot for your answers. But the prob was by Android/Chrome. Now, I use Android/Opera and all is fine. I receive a full XML file that's not compatible with AutoPano (Papywyzard module) So I must wait that autopano make a new module for panoshot. BRRRRR....

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:06 pm

Photo-Web wrote:Thanks a lot for your answers. But the prob was by Android/Chrome. Now, I use Android/Opera and all is fine. I receive a full XML file that's not compatible with AutoPano (Papywyzard module) So I must wait that autopano make a new module for panoshot. BRRRRR....

May I have a look at the the XML file?

Lionel Laissus
Kolor Team

by Lionel Laissus » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:55 pm

Photo-Web wrote:Thanks a lot for your answers. But the prob was by Android/Chrome. Now, I use Android/Opera and all is fine. I receive a full XML file that's not compatible with AutoPano (Papywyzard module) So I must wait that autopano make a new module for panoshot. BRRRRR....

Could you send me the xml file and your shooting / camera configuration?
I'm going to redo the shooting session here
THX

Return to Panoshoot