Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:02 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:18 am 
Offline
Member

Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:51 am
Posts: 30
See http://joumxyzptlk.de/panoramas.html. Even if more panoramas are added in the future, that landing page will stay. The most of them are between 100 and 300 megapixel, not every games has enough detail to make them bigger.

Currently panoramas from (sorted by their panorama-friendlyness):
Skyrim (up to 770 megapixel)
Fallout 3 / New Vegas (up to 1.4 gigapixel)
Oblivion
Mirror's Edge (the DLC Panoramas are not online yet)
Deus Ex Human Revolution (not yet interactive)
Alice Madness Returns *
Tomb Raider 2013 * (only two for now)

* Those two are NOT panorama friendly, nodal point off with no trick to fix, and Tomb Raider requires quite some pre-work to cut out unwanted stuff.

_________________
Use autopano giga to create panoramas from computer games? Yes! http://joumxyzptlk.de


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:20 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:01 pm
Posts: 3340
Location: Salzburg
;-)) 2009/2010 I did some tests with PS3 Home...
http://www.gigapixel.at/?p=97

Liebe Gruesse,
Georg


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:31 am 
Offline
Member

Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 4:10 pm
Posts: 78
Nice!
I've made panoramas from games too: Skyrim, Star Trek Online, Star Wars: the Old Republic. I'm too screenshot-happy to not try, so now I'm looking for new games to play around with.
With STO I encountered the same problem you did, the camera is always off to the side of the character, so there are some stitching errors still. =/

I actually got really good shots of SW:TOR, and managed to make a few Livepanos with some! Unfortunately I don't have a website.. :(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:30 am 
Offline
Member

Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:51 am
Posts: 30
Lmih wrote:
Nice!
I've made panoramas from games too: Skyrim, Star Trek Online, Star Wars: the Old Republic. I'm too screenshot-happy to not try, so now I'm looking for new games to play around with.
With STO I encountered the same problem you did, the camera is always off to the side of the character, so there are some stitching errors still. =/

I actually got really good shots of SW:TOR, and managed to make a few Livepanos with some! Unfortunately I don't have a website.. :(


Well, I started the site in 2013, when Futuremark marketing contacted me whether I could place my 6K/60 fps videos from 3DMark 2013 on a place with a better connection than Skydrive. But I create game panos since 2010, and normal panos long before. So keep on doing those panoramas, and do a website whenever you want *g*.

_________________
Use autopano giga to create panoramas from computer games? Yes! http://joumxyzptlk.de


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:44 am 
Offline
Member

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Posts: 7804
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany
Joachim Otahal wrote:
See http://joumxyzptlk.de/panoramas.html. Even if more panoramas are added in the future, that landing page will stay. The most of them are between 100 and 300 megapixel, not every games has enough detail to make them bigger.


Hi!

Funny - what´s the reason that most of those sites look like designed in the ´80s?

best, Klaus


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:43 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:51 am
Posts: 30
klausesser wrote:
Joachim Otahal wrote:
See http://joumxyzptlk.de/panoramas.html. Even if more panoramas are added in the future, that landing page will stay. The most of them are between 100 and 300 megapixel, not every games has enough detail to make them bigger.


Hi!

Funny - what´s the reason that most of those sites look like designed in the ´80s?

best, Klaus


The 90's I'd say, there was no web until 1993.
Reason is simple: I did my previous homepage in 1996, and then again in 2013 since I saw no reason to create one.
typo3/joomla/etc/etc were all not usable due to my several > 10 gigabytes of Ultra HD or 6K HD videos which you cannot upload with a web tool. And you cannot easily add already uploaded files to those web-helper tools.
So I had do do it by hand. But I also have a job, so the time is limited.
Switching to a different style will come some day, but that is not priority since CSS is a really f.ed up bad designed standard, so I currently use it for basic style.
This gif shows pretty nice how annoying CSS can be when trying to get my that simple style going:
Image

_________________
Use autopano giga to create panoramas from computer games? Yes! http://joumxyzptlk.de


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:13 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Posts: 7804
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany
Joachim Otahal wrote:
klausesser wrote:
Joachim Otahal wrote:
See http://joumxyzptlk.de/panoramas.html. Even if more panoramas are added in the future, that landing page will stay. The most of them are between 100 and 300 megapixel, not every games has enough detail to make them bigger.


Hi!

Funny - what´s the reason that most of those sites look like designed in the ´80s?

best, Klaus


The 90's I'd say, there was no web until 1993.
Reason is simple: I did my previous homepage in 1996, and then again in 2013 since I saw no reason to create one.
typo3/joomla/etc/etc were all not usable due to my several > 10 gigabytes of Ultra HD or 6K HD videos which you cannot upload with a web tool. And you cannot easily add already uploaded files to those web-helper tools.
So I had do do it by hand. But I also have a job, so the time is limited.
Switching to a different style will come some day, but that is not priority since CSS is a really f.ed up bad designed standard, so I currently use it for basic style.
This gif shows pretty nice how annoying CSS can be when trying to get my that simple style going:
Image



Hi Joachim!

Oh - understand! :-)

best, Klaus

PS: i thought it´s a kind of common sense in this scene.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group