Force white balance when importing  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it. The most requested concepts are usually implemented, as Autopano Pro / Giga is very community driven.
no avatar
chafouin

Force white balance when importing

by chafouin » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:10 pm

Hello,

Is there any plan on adding settings to force a certain white balance for raw files?
If you forgot to set a fixed white balance when shooting, you have to post-process all the raw files, then saved them to tiff before opening them in Autopano Pro.

The auto white balance doesn't seem to do anything. So if we could set the white balance and the tint value for importing, that would save time and disk space for the noobs like me who didn't check the white balance setting before shooting :)

Unless you say it's totally mandatory to do post-processing before doing the stitching in APP?

no avatar
mediavets

Re: Force white balance when importing

by mediavets » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:41 pm

chafouin wrote:
Unless you say it's totally mandatory to do post-processing before doing the stitching in APP?

Most recommend RAW conversion before stitching because then you can use a RAW convertor that offers the sort of controls you seek.

no avatar
chafouin

Re: Force white balance when importing

by chafouin » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:03 pm

Yeah but why is it better to do that? I'm doing tests to remove vignetting before the stitching and see minimal differences in the results. I read somewhere we shouldn't sharpen before stitching (surely makes control points harder to find). Removing distorsion crops your image, and I prefer to have extra overlap. I won't touch exposure as this is needed for proper multi-exposure hdr stitch. So what should be done in post-process?

I'm doing color calibration on my final HDR panoramic file and that looks correct.

Thanks for your help!

Return to Autopano future