Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:31 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:10 pm 

Hello,

Is there any plan on adding settings to force a certain white balance for raw files?
If you forgot to set a fixed white balance when shooting, you have to post-process all the raw files, then saved them to tiff before opening them in Autopano Pro.

The auto white balance doesn't seem to do anything. So if we could set the white balance and the tint value for importing, that would save time and disk space for the noobs like me who didn't check the white balance setting before shooting :)

Unless you say it's totally mandatory to do post-processing before doing the stitching in APP?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:41 pm 

chafouin wrote:

Unless you say it's totally mandatory to do post-processing before doing the stitching in APP?

Most recommend RAW conversion before stitching because then you can use a RAW convertor that offers the sort of controls you seek.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:03 pm 

Yeah but why is it better to do that? I'm doing tests to remove vignetting before the stitching and see minimal differences in the results. I read somewhere we shouldn't sharpen before stitching (surely makes control points harder to find). Removing distorsion crops your image, and I prefer to have extra overlap. I won't touch exposure as this is needed for proper multi-exposure hdr stitch. So what should be done in post-process?

I'm doing color calibration on my final HDR panoramic file and that looks correct.

Thanks for your help!