Vignetting / bad exposure  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it. The most requested concepts are usually implemented, as Autopano Pro / Giga is very community driven.
no avatar
miska

Vignetting / bad exposure

by miska » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:59 am

Hi,
I would like to see a better blending (especially of uniform blue skies) when the lens has vignetting and/or the exposure was slightly different for each shot.
It used to be (in ancient Autopano versions) that the blender automagically took care of this. Not so anymore.
Of course, you can tweak and fiddle and get ok results (but most of the time, at least for myself, not perfect, and it takes a lot of testing of different parameters), but I find for the moment it's not great.
Microsoft ICE (oh, no, not Micro$oft!) does a better job at blending vignetted skies out of the box than APG ! That's a shame ! ;-)
The workflow of APG is great, so I'm not considering switching - but for those panos that have vignetting, it's worth considering.

So correct vignetting, pleeeeeeeease ! :-)

Destiny

Re: Vignetting / bad exposure

by Destiny » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:21 am

Hi.. Its been recognised by many users that APG has changed somewhat during upgrade, which may cause some issues that were not previously apparent.. These issues should have been addressed in the all new APG V3.50, due for release this month or perhaps next month.. This should be the best APG version ever created.. Hopefuly it will fix your issues.. ;)

Destiny...

no avatar
miska

Re: Vignetting / bad exposure

by miska » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:23 am

Fingers crossed ! :-)

Return to Autopano future