Mac OS X best upgrade for hardware??  

In the panorama field, hardware is also part of the success. You can discuss here about it: camera, computer, pano head, anything
no avatar
klausesser

Re: Mac OS X best upgrade for hardware??

by klausesser » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:45 pm

HansKeesom wrote:Either way, I don't think she is gonna follow any of the two advice's ;-)

Yes - i agree. Well . . . not our business, i mean.

Klaus

no avatar
HansKeesom

by HansKeesom » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:19 pm

klausesser wrote:
HansKeesom wrote:Either way, I don't think she is gonna follow any of the two advice's ;-)

Klaus

Still we keep trying.... we are so desperate ;-)

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:41 am

HansKeesom wrote:
klausesser wrote:

Klaus

Still we keep trying.... we are so desperate ;-)

Yes - great men we are . . . =D :cool:

Klaus (have a nice sliding to 2014!!)

Destiny

by Destiny » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:11 pm

I have already explained several times that this iMac is not mine... It belongs to my husbands and he does not want to risk adding 3rd party hardware. He has already contacted Apple and asked the Apple maintenance shop, both of which advised against it.. I don't own my own computer, I just use this one.

Destiny..

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:19 pm

Destiny wrote:I have already explained several times that this iMac is not mine... It belongs to my husbands

How many husbands do you have these days? ;)

and he does not want to risk adding 3rd party hardware. He has already contacted Apple

Well they are hardly likely to recommend that are they?

and asked the Apple maintenance shop, both of which advised against it...

Nor are they because they want to sell you a new computer.

Destiny

by Destiny » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:45 pm

Oh.. haha.. Lets see now.... Oh yes... Just one and always one lovely one.. hehe....

Since you are living in the past...2013 still and we are living in the future 2014, we are ahead in our thinking.. hahahha

Seriously, I do not think its a matter of selling a new Mac to us.. The maintenance shop has actually lost business since he suggested not to and they do not sell new Macs. He said he has done it in the past but it can then often cause other issues... We thought Hans had a good idea so we did follow it though.., however we have decided not to.. I am saving up for a new iMac which will resolve a heap of issues... There is always my birthday :lol:

Destiny...

no avatar
HansKeesom

by HansKeesom » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:50 pm

Destiny wrote:Oh.. haha.. Lets see now.... Oh yes... Just one and always one lovely one.. hehe....

Since you are living in the past...2013 still and we are living in the future 2014, we are ahead in our thinking.. hahahha

Seriously, I do not think its a matter of selling a new Mac to us.. The maintenance shop has actually lost business since he suggested not to and they do not sell new Macs. He said he has done it in the past but it can then often cause other issues... We thought Hans had a good idea so we did follow it though.., however we have decided not to.. I am saving up for a new iMac which will resolve a heap of issues... There is always my birthday :lol:

Destiny...

Destiny,

Of course you are free to make your own decisions in the end. We are offering a number of possible solution, you pick and choose an solution.

Today I got the bill of using the cloudsolution for a day. 8.57 us dollar is not bad for a day of running a 128 GB RAM system. I don't think you will like it because it is windows and linux to pick from, no mac.

Unfortunately the disk I/O was so slow 20 MB/S that it would not be faster then my own system, even with that having only 64 GB. So that pushes me towards finally using a nice SSD-cache option on my motherboard which allows to combine an SD and a harddisk to get much higher speed.
So you see, each person has it's own pick from solution.

As a final node, you might wanna look into hackintosh, which is a way to run the mac-system on PC-metal. Not something to do without some proper technocall knowlegde of mac-os.

Previous

Return to Hardware