Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:20 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:11 am 

Using the Trial Version I created a 360 Pano in Autopano then created a .swf build in Panotour 1.8.

Before buying the software (for a mac) I wanted to confirm I can view the VR on a PC.

On the Mac I viewed it by opening the .swf file with Firefox.

But when I moved the .swf file to my PC, it would not open. I do have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.

On my Mac the .swf file icon has a big red F on it. But the same file on my PC is just white.
Also, when I try to open the .swf file I see the Kolor "Triall version" printed in the middle of a black screen and some script at the bottom with a lot of "failed" notes.

I'm not sure if I can only view files from the trial version on the computer it was created on, or if I can only view builds created on a mac, on a mac.

I very new to creating VRs, panos, etc.... so sorry for my ignorance :)

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:31 am 

Hi.. Not sure about the trail version but I do not think it makes a difference.. You need to open it using the HTML file, since there is code in that to add the scripts.. You should be able to view your Tour on PC and Mac... Have you thought about moving to V2... Its a lot better... In time I would expect that V1.8 will not be available..

Destiny..

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:28 am 

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I'm so new to this that I'm not sure the best way to view/open tours (or VRs) after I have created them. I have figured out how to take all the photos and assemble them to get a .swf but I'm not sure how to view it after that.

I was able to open the one I made in Firefox on my Mac by going File -> Open File -> (open my .swf)

But as I said, that doesn't seem to work when I transfer the swf to my PC.

How would I open it in HTML?

(have not tried v2 yet. I figured since I'm new to this I'd wait for it to come out of Beta)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:37 am 

You need to enable the html in the build.. Some of the features will work as swf but not all since the html holds the essential scripts...

Destiny...

Attachments:
V18html.jpg
V18html.jpg [ 57.31 KiB | Viewed 559 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:08 am 

Thanks again, I created an HTML version and again, it worked on my Mac but not my PC.

For the HTML I just got an all white screen.

It seems it should work on both Mac and PC, but it doesn't seem to... at least not for me.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:35 am 

Strange.... Do you have all the uptodate Flash players on your PC.. As long as you have the exact same folder structure it should work. Is seem to me that you do not..

Destiny..

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:09 am 

Destiny wrote:
Do you have all the uptodate Flash players on your PC

Destiny..

I think I do. I downloaded the latest version of Adobe Flash Player and I also tried it on another PC.

The only thing I can think of is that for some reason the trial version wont work on any other computer than the one it was created on.

It does sound like it shouldn't matter if the tour was created on a PC or a Mac - it should play on both.

hmmmm...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:15 am 

Not sure on that one... I do know that the xml is not accessible for trail versions... Try downloading the software on the PC too.. Then try to view it.....

Destiny..

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:41 am 

John2014 wrote:
(have not tried v2 yet. I figured since I'm new to this I'd wait for it to come out of Beta)

Use V2.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:46 am 

John2014 wrote:
Destiny wrote:
Do you have all the uptodate Flash players on your PC

Destiny..

I think I do. I downloaded the latest version of Adobe Flash Player and I also tried it on another PC.

The only thing I can think of is that for some reason the trial version wont work on any other computer than the one it was created on.

It does sound like it shouldn't matter if the tour was created on a PC or a Mac - it should play on both.

hmmmm...

I suspect you have not Embedded all in the Build setting in 1.8?

If you could post a screenshot that shows the error messages you talk about all may become clear.

That's the only way to get a fully independent standalone SWF.

But it's not a good way to do things in 1.8; and is not possible at all with V2.

You should use one the HTML template options.

Then use Build as... to build the tour to a new folder.

Now copy that complete folder from one computer to another, and finally view the tour via the HTML file rather than opening the SWF directly.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:26 pm 

John2014 wrote:

it shouldn't matter if the tour was created on a PC or a Mac - it should play on both.

Doesn´t matter indeed. All my Mac-created tours run on PCs also.

Are you sure having moved all relevant files from the Mac to your PC? The .swf alone can´t work!
Put ALL the tour-folder´s content on your PC.

Klaus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:28 pm 

klausesser wrote:
John2014 wrote:

it shouldn't matter if the tour was created on a PC or a Mac - it should play on both.

Are you sure having moved all relevant files from the Mac to your PC? The .swf alone can´t work!
Put ALL the tour-folder´s content on your PC.

Klaus

Well.... I was not doing that ....!

I moved the whole build folder over to the PC and now it works fine!....... I did say I was new to this :)

Thanks to everyone for the help!