Custom Navigation Buttons?  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0+ problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
AlanS

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Custom Navigation Buttons?

by AlanS » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:22 pm

Bit of a daft question here perhaps...

I'd like to change the style of the navigation buttons. Let's say I wanted something like the buttons here...
http://stepinside360.com/shoots/lifestyle/striped-pig-distillery/striped-pig-distillery.html

No problem to create the button style that I want in PS, but do I have to actually replace the PNG files in ...\project_data\graphics\icontrolbar to get the buttons to show up? Is there a way to change the buttons in the UI (not talking about choosing from the few styles in 'Control Bar' in Styles)?

I was thinking that I would be able to do this manually by using the 'Simple Button' or 'Toggle Button' in the Controls style, but seems that some of the navigation controls are not exposed when choosing the action to be triggered (for instance, I can't seem to assign the 'zoom' action to a button??)

I guess if I have to replace the PNG files I can do it BUT these button styles can't then be saved as a preset: I'd have to replace the buttons manually for each and every tour that I do.

no avatar
AlanS

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Re: Custom Navigation Buttons?

by AlanS » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:16 pm

A little further digging reveals that I can simply replace all button image assets in the PTP application structure itself (...\Kolor\Panotour Pro 2.0\Resources\plugins\iControlBar). Then choosing the preset in Styles will use new buttons. Backup originals, of course.

Alan

gkaefer

Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:40 am

AlanS wrote:A little further digging reveals that I can simply replace all button image assets in the PTP application structure itself (...\Kolor\Panotour Pro 2.0\Resources\plugins\iControlBar). Then choosing the preset in Styles will use new buttons. Backup originals, of course.

Alan

pitfall.... Close ptp 2.0 and reopen it... the resources will be "repaired"...

only Content in the usedir is "save"...
go to unfinished docu: http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/action/ ... umentation
in Special the "Advanced notations" and "Advanced use" may be of interest.

Georg

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 228 posts
Info

by Destiny » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:28 am

Hi..

One of the biggest and most important upgrade features of PTP is having the ability to create your very own hotspots and menus etc.. Previously in 1.8, you could do but you would have to replace all your own xml code and graphic assets.. But now you have a personal user directory where you can save all of your own themes, buttons and hotspots etc.. You can call on those any time with any Tour and when you save your tour or make any changes your theme assets will all be there, every time... You just save the present.. Its still a bit of WIP but its usable .. In time it will get better and better, allowing you to totally customise your entire Tour and call on any of your custom assets to build new Tours.. Creating the actual graphic is the time consuming process but if you use a theme all the time then its not an issue to spend time creating your own graphics..

The true power of PTP has always been the option to edit your own xml code, however its now even more powerful now since you can save all of your own xml code and add it as you need to...

Destiny..
Attachments
UserSpots.jpg