Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:37 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:49 am 

Hi..

I am finally getting round to creating a LivePano.. First obstacle was making sure APG would stitch correctly. I am fine with this build for now but all New APG will be a lot better...

I used my 50mm to capture a HDR pano, the issue is file size.. My iMac is really struggling.. Each layer is just over 1 GIG and I have 5 bracketed shots so over 5 GIG in total.. If I allow this pano to render at full size, the pano will be an astonishing 68140x34070...

I also shot the video with the 50mm at the same time.. My question is... If I reduce the size of my pano to about 8000X4000, will this effect the video in anyway.

Next question I guess to anyone with a D800.. I have my camera set on my VR Drive in Portrait mode. Is there a way I can change the orientation of the video since at the moment it will always capture the video in Landscape mode..

Destiny...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:28 am 

Back to the sam old story of RAM.. I thought capturing my images as small as my D800 could, and reducing the bracketed images, would fix this issue but nope.. APG is very resource dependent...

Back to using my Fisheye, but I cannot do what I wanted to achieve with the LivePano..

Even though I have set a setting of Exposure Fusion, a warning messages always appears suggesting I do not have enough memory for Anti-Ghost.. APG seems to get confused..

I used the xml data option which works a lot better without it.. If I just drop my images into APG, group bracketed shots, detect hard links, process.. I get a pano with holes in it and a bunch of extra detections which I guess must fill the holes but they do not know where to go..

Looks like I have to LivePano on the back back back burner again.. My iMac is incapable of processing the images.. I have to use APG to achieve LivePano.. If I did not, I would be ok.. I would process the bracketed shots in 3rd party apps..

Where to now.. =( :rolleyes:

Destiny...

Attachments:
1-day-1-hour.jpg
1-day-1-hour.jpg [ 17.11 KiB | Viewed 757 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:57 am 

.. and this is the same issue I have had before..

Why does it warn about Anit-ghost when I have not set it to Anti-ghost. I have clearly set it to Fusion..

Destiny...

Attachments:
antighost.jpg
antighost.jpg [ 120.16 KiB | Viewed 751 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:20 pm 

Destiny wrote:
.. and this is the same issue I have had before..

Why does it warn about Anit-ghost when I have not set it to Anti-ghost. I have clearly set it to Fusion..

Destiny...

Hello Destiny
I have always taken each of those options (simple->Anti Ghost->Fusion->HDR) to include all of the functionality of the previous options plus some extra. So fusion includes anti-ghost and HDR includes fusion plus anti-ghost if my assumption is right

I remember the long discussions we had on the spec of your Apple MAC when you were trying to process about 60 images of your living room as bracketed HDR -- so 520 images !! I think I can guess where this is going to end up

Martin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:01 pm 

True.. but now I am working on a different approach.. But its the blending using APG that has issues.. My NNP is still out but I can fix that.. It takes hours to process my images using a 50mm lens, so it will be a while before that is perfect..

What my aim is, to produce a bracketed shot image where APG produced the final rendered Pano so I can use it for LivePano..

So, to produce this pano, I used my 50mm, shot 5 bracketed shots, then fused them using EnfuseGUI, but then I used the PapyWizard xml where I created a dummy One Shot xml data so APG can use this data to stitch the fused image... It works however very slow..

As I said above, its not the stitching I am worried about its the blending.. Not sure how to fix that.. Its not bad, but I would like it better..

I am out of time.. I booked a LivePano setup today so this is my first real test scenario... I will now find out if my fused image is accepted by LivePano...

Destiny..

Attachments:
6000opp.jpg
6000opp.jpg [ 4.18 MiB | Viewed 735 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:29 am 

I totally dropped the idea of using my 50mm for a live pano.. I am hoping that this pano does the job.. I have now to capture one frame from the video and test to see how it all work.. Now I have a hundred more questions for Kolor..

Destiny..

Attachments:
NewTest.jpg
NewTest.jpg [ 922.62 KiB | Viewed 730 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:37 am 

Trying to get frame one is a pain.. I am using VLC as recommended but it does not save the frame and we really do not know what settings it supposed to be set too.. Heeeeelp..

All these settings apart from the path was as is when opened..

Destiny..

Attachments:
VLC.jpg
VLC.jpg [ 90.11 KiB | Viewed 728 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:46 am 

Ok.. I extracted a frame using Premiere Pro.. I added that to my pano sets.. I stitched the pano and its all good.. I imported my pano into PTP, then went to LivePano, added my pano and mov files but now it will not let me proceed.. What am I doing wrong....

Destiny...

Attachments:
steps.jpg
steps.jpg [ 232.83 KiB | Viewed 726 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:03 am 

Well... I worked all out BUT!.. I get audio but no movies.. So.. what could I have stuffed up..

http://www.destinyvirtualtours.com/PTPV ... tPano.html

emm.. I think the software is a dogs dinner to be honest, in the its interface and ease of use..

Also, I normally fix up my nadir after export from Cube faces.. I use my VR Drive to capture my panos.. Unless I mount the entire Drive on my Ball Head so I can drop the head down.. But that has heaps of issues so I don't bother..

Well.. My first LivePano turns out to be my first LiveAudio... :(

Destiny...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:31 pm 

Well, my LivePano now shows offline, but I don't get it.. My pano and video looked lined up in the preview.. Even the colours looked fine.. I drew round the area I wanted to crop. I went from pano to video to pano+video.. It looked fine.. The single frame has been extracted and its the exact same dimensions as the video.. The Pano and Video were captured at the same time.. Yet after my project has been rendered the mp4 are a lot smaller in the spot files, which would account for the fact that when displayed in the LivePano Tour, it is smaller than I captured it.. Truly a pain.. I cannot upload the mp4 files, since at the very last 1meg it stops so I suspect corrupted mp4 files.. not sure..

Destiny.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:30 pm 

Is there a particular dimension and dpi that a pano for LivePano is to be rendered at....

Destiny..

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:23 pm 

I will continue to talk to myself.. oh hum...

This LivePano feature is a bit hard to deal with when I get a white space.. emm.. there is always a white element with any of my issues... Either a flicker, a flash or just a plain old white space.. LOL...

I wonder if my old friend Mr RAM is the the issue here..

Destiny...

Attachments:
noimage.jpg
noimage.jpg [ 168.82 KiB | Viewed 706 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:15 pm 

LivePano.. More like LiveDogsDinner...

I have stitched this pano with great results using APG bracketed shots fusion output with one very slight stitch error that most would not even notice.. If I use just one image layer it stitches fine in APG. This is a stark contrast from this DogDinner so called LivePano.. The Video does not line up and the stitching has gone really crazy.. Just terrible.. it seems to have moved so much from the APG pano output as shown below..

In short.. LivePano has some real issues.. Nothing lines up yet all the processing indicates it will..

http://www.destinyvirtualtours.com/PTPV ... Pano1.html

Destiny..

Attachments:
File comment: APG pano before adding it to PTP to integrate the movie file.. It has one very noticeable bad error after the single frame was added.. However, after the LivePano is processed it becomes a DogsDinner..
APGPano.jpg
APGPano.jpg [ 712 KiB | Viewed 693 times ]
File comment: PTGui Pano, its perfect!
PTGuiPano.jpg
PTGuiPano.jpg [ 709.45 KiB | Viewed 693 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:37 pm 

The issue begins when the single frame is added.. You can see here that prior to me adding the single frame, the RMS are good and its all in the green with a great rendering result.. However, as soon as I add the single frame image it all changes.. The issue gets progressively worse went the pano is processed through PTP, but the issue starts from APG..

You can see that the edges of the image match quite well, however, features within the background of the singles shot and main pano do not match up.. I am wondering if the video captures the fisheye distortion differently...

Destiny..

Attachments:
differece.jpg
differece.jpg [ 1.56 MiB | Viewed 684 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:00 am 

Hi...

My LivePano is getting better but I still have blending issues between the video and pano... There are feature to assist in this so I will ticking with it more..

http://www.destinyvirtualtours.com/PTPV ... Final.html

Not sure why the video does not blend in better and why there is a bit of misalignment.... The preview in APG looks good.... The RMS are excellent..

Destiny...

Attachments:
LivePano1Shot.jpg
LivePano1Shot.jpg [ 317.08 KiB | Viewed 667 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:50 am 

Hi..

Blending is still an issue, partially at the background.. The foreground is better...

http://www.destinyvirtualtours.com/PTPV ... ano1b.html

There are many things I would change with the GUI of LivePano but I guess it might be WIP...

Destiny...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:47 pm 

This test is still not right.. several issues still remain but it's working ok'ish..

http://www.destinyvirtualtours.com/PTPV ... ePano.html

Now I am more able to assit anyone who would like to give the LivePano feature a play. The software is already inside PTP V2, but you need to buy it to remove the water mark.. My test have revealed many things not to do.. Many things need to be taken into consideration when thinking about creating a LivePano for a client but if done right, this would be an awesome new media so well worth buying a LivePano licence..

Destiny..

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:51 pm 

Destiny wrote:
This test is still not right.. several issues still remain but it's working ok'ish..

Destiny..

Looks good to me...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:27 pm 

Destiny wrote:

Now I am more able to assit anyone who would like to give the LivePano feature a play. The software is already inside PTP V2, but you need to buy it to remove the water mark.. My test have revealed many things not to do.. Many things need to be taken into consideration when thinking about creating a LivePano for a client but if done right, this would be an awesome new media so well worth buying a LivePano licence..

Destiny..

Hi Destiny,

I haven't got a license for LivePano and I must admit I had to Google it to see what it actually did !

I think you are right that it is a powerful new media tool - I had a look at some of the 3 part Kolor video explaining how to create these tours (The Cha-Dian Tea Room one) and I can now understand why you had a fair bit of trouble getting it set up !

I looks at least an order of magnitude more complicated then just using APG which is where I'm up to

Your result looks pretty cool and as you say there are still some tweaks to put in to get it spot on

The biggest issue with your one seemed to me to be that when you rotated the viewpoint away from the speaker to have a look at the rest of the shop, then the sound gradually faded away to nothing. I think that would be a no-no for a PR/Marketing campaign ! The Cha-Dian one kept the sound all the way round but I guess that's probably just a check box missed

Good Luck !

best
Martin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:52 pm 

Actaully Martin, I think the sound should have the option to remain on during a full 360 rotation, partially on Auto Rotate.. The guy in the video made comment about this too.. There is a sound option but not sure about how that works so it might be my fault. I find the UI a bit lacking in features to be honest.. There are a heap of variables to consider, and if you get one wrong or forget, you have to start again... The APG element in Live Pano is quite easy but I had some issue with my single shot, which was my lack of understanding how the extraction worked.. The video can blend in and out of the scene too but I have not tested that.. At the moment it just flicks back to start.. I am sure it can blend more... Early days in working with this new media but to be honest its amazing.. I have been wanting to test it out since way back during the fist Alpha testing days but my stitching in APG was not right... Its a heap better now.. :)

I need to to do a lot more testing...

Destiny...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:07 pm 

Hey..

Well.... After a heap of testing and a heap of great support from Lionel (Kolor), I finally did it.. I now understand so many more techniques in how to achieve a good result.....

http://www.destinyvirtualtours.com/PTPV ... oTour.html

I would suggest others buying this new media software to support its development. For what it cost it's really cheap, considering the time and effort that has gone into its development.. I am sure in time with our support, this new media will become a valuable media with so many uses. It would be shame not to see how it might be developed.. I am really excited about the future of this new media...

Destiny...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:45 am 

Ok.. some feedback from others.... and me..

1.. LDR and HDR is an option with LivePano, but matching up the video is going to be an nightmare..

2... Fixing up the nadir is probably not going to be an option but not sure... I guess it will depend on how the pano was captured and if a nadir adaptor was used..

This one is LDR pano is getting to how I like to see it, easy to fix the nadir but matching LivePano is not going to be easy.. I need to test this more... http://www.destinyvirtualtours.com/Anti ... entre.html

Ok.. Feedback from they guy in the video.. He would rather activate the LivePano using a Hotspot, but currently this is not possible.. I am sure I can fade the pano in and out since I have seen that on the demo with the lady in the restaurant.. However, I need to work out how.. He does not want the LivePano to repeat but rather fade and stop... A LivePano on call I guess...

Destiny...