Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:51 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:54 pm 

Make your own Google Street View virtual tours:

http://connect.dpreview.com/post/619210 ... =title_0_3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:52 pm 

emm. thats interesting.. I wonder if its ok to place your own logo say, mid top.... Nothing there at the moment.. I might try it out.... ;)

Destiny..

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:27 pm 

Well.. We did the deed.. My husband John just uploaded it for me to Google. Oh my goodness.. Google makes such a dogs dinner of processing the image.. I know this image is perfect, yet Google stuffed it up.. emmm...

https://plus.google.com/photos?pid=5956 ... 1547579114

Destiny

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:46 pm 

Destiny wrote:
Well.. We did the deed.. My husband John just uploaded it for me to Google. Oh my goodness.. Google makes such a dogs dinner of processing the image.. I know this image is perfect, yet Google stuffed it up.. emmm...

https://plus.google.com/photos?pid=5956 ... 1547579114

Destiny

This is what I see - what am I supposed to see?:

Attachments:
1-dest-google.jpg
1-dest-google.jpg [ 95.5 KiB | Viewed 714 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:55 pm 

emm... maybe the file size is too big... I will cut it down and try again.. I do not think this process likes fisheye lenses, no sure... Its make the image very ripply...

Destiny...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:06 am 

Well we made the pano 4000X2000 pixels but it made no difference.. To be honest, we really do not know how this Google thing works.. John just put up the smaller image but not sure if we have done it right.. Its still looks like a dogs dinner. Perhaps it only works with normal lens.. Not sure.. See how other might get one so we can all learn from its...

https://plus.google.com/u/0/

Destiny..

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:23 am 

I think there is a fundamental flaw with the Google Street View and that is.. A business might have moved.. The Tour I created for a bus mob, was not at this location at the time Google captured the Street View.. Therefore, when a Google Trusted Photographer captures Tour providing a location, the name outside the building on Google Street View might not match that of the name of the business. Perhaps if I had captured my image using the Google setup, the quality might be better.. Not sure.. There might be other issues.. If I can get this right, I might just go around and capture Tours for free.. As long as I put my logo on them.. It might be a cheap effective way to advertise.. No one is to know I did it for free, unless they contact the company I made the Tour for...

Destiny..

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:44 am 

I think I know my problem.. The pano has no XMP data.. Even though I exported the image to have the XMP data added, I do not think it does since when I put the pano into Photoshop, there is no XMP data.. So, my question is.... How can I add XMP data to my pano. The issue is, I use bracketed images, fused them and then stitched the fused images.. All XMP data was lost, I guess.. Is there a way I can create XMP data...

Destiny..

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:06 pm 

Destiny wrote:
I think there is a fundamental flaw with the Google Street View

The most fundamental flaw: the quality is very low. I don´t think it might be wise in any way to
give your name as a photographer for such a messy presentation.

I never saw acceptable panorama photography on StreetView. I don´t know what they pay for such panos -
but it cannot be much.

But i guess it´s not the photography - it´s the processing Google provides.

Klaus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:29 pm 

The problem I have, as I guess also with many others, Google is in fact killing the Virtual Tour media by allowing inferior quality Tours to be displayed and suggesting its acceptable.. With that bus I did, my direct competitor is the Google Trusted Photographer. I am being asked to provide my quality at Google prices but what a client needs to realise, thats not doable.. The GTP dose not do any post production editing such as stitching or final editing of the nadir footprint or sharpen the images in any way.. They are uploaded to Google where its done automatically.. The pano Tours as far as I have seen are not the best at all. I know already that the bus mob will go with the Google TP since they are cheap.. The thing Google fail to realise, I often cannot even view them since it locks up on me.. There is just so many hotspots on Google Street View that it often does not know what it wants to do.. I therefore have to close the Street View.. I provide an option to link the Tours, provide logos, galleries and more using PTP, none of which is available with the Google option..

I will ask my husband to remove that Tour as a failed attempt to showcase our work.. Its just not good enough.. The difference between the PTP Tour and the Google Tour is clear to see.. It most certainly looks like its the service Google provides that kills the photographers work..

Destiny..

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:53 pm 

Destiny wrote:
It most certainly looks like its the service Google provides that kills the photographers work..

At least on the cheapest level - yes.

best, Klaus