Multires in large tour only for individual panoramas  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it.
no avatar
jschrader

Multires in large tour only for individual panoramas

by jschrader » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:29 pm

Not sure if I or anybody else already has mentioned that:

Wouldn't it be possible to determine only specific panoramas in a tour to be displayed as multires panos?

This feature would generate a tremendous improvement in terms of speed and file handling.

I have a tour with 30+ panos where one big multires pano is used to navigate to all the others.
Unfortunately with every new built of the tour PTP takes ages to create all the panoramas as multires and doubles the amount of discspace. Not to mention the numbers of files and folders that are generated. I'm soooo sick of it that, and I'm seriously considering to get back to manual processing.

no avatar
mediavets

Re: Multires in large tour only for individual panoramas

by mediavets » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:00 pm

jschrader wrote:I have a tour with 30+ panos where one big multires pano is used to navigate to all the others.
Unfortunately with every new built of the tour PTP takes ages to create all the panoramas as multires and doubles the amount of discspace. Not to mention the numbers of files and folders that are generated.

Are you not choosing the incremental build option?
Attachments
1-ptp2b4-incremental.jpg

no avatar
jschrader

Re: Multires in large tour only for individual panoramas

by jschrader » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:14 am

Of course I do.
But even if it would work as consistent as it should there are good reasons to generate less files and less project sizes.

Return to Panotour Future