Car Show - Please report errors, thanks for looking!  

Share what you've done with Panotour or Panotour Pro.
Montrez nous vos oeuvres avec Panotour ou Panotour Pro.
no avatar
macalenny

Car Show - Please report errors, thanks for looking!

by macalenny » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:17 am

If you like Cars check out this virtual tour I produced of the Miami International Car Show!

I am getting some errors like tiles missing. I have autotour set to start at beginning.

if you see anything weird or other errors please let me know, Thanks!

http://supremescene.com/miamicarshow/2013/build.html

Destiny

Re: Car Show - Please report errors, thanks for looking!

by Destiny » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:25 am

well... Lets start with the lines in your cube faces.. I am guessing you did some post editing of the individual cube faces.. Not a good idea..

Also.. eeeks.. what ISO are you using.. Way too high.. What gear do you have...

Destiny...
Attachments
line.jpg

no avatar
macalenny

by macalenny » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:39 am

The lines between cube faces I am aware of they are the result of using lightroom after the fact and especially putting the clarity above 20. I know exactly how to not have this but this tour has almost 70 panos and is meant to be more of a test/blog. The edits in lightroom improved the images and to me this outweighs the lines between panos, which are worse in some shots, not noticeable in others.

It's shot completely with the Ricoh Theta one shot 360 camera, that's why the iso and other levels look.

I am looking for errors in the tour not the photos, but thanks for the reply!

Cheers

Destiny

by Destiny » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:10 am

emm. Using the Ricoh Theta explains the graininess.. Very high ISO.... Not much you can do about that.. For the money I wouldn't have bought one.. But I guess its depends on what you want it for... Its not really meant for what you used it for though.. Apparently its a social media camera...

I suggest you fix up your pano in LightRoom first then export as cube faces...

I am looking forward to the day where someone makes a really great one shot 360 camera.. I have seen some that seem to be hopeful's but at the moments there is nothing worth bothering with for me... If the Freedom with Hero cameras were more affordable, I would have one.. But eeks.. sooo expensive.. One thing is certain, the quality is really nice using a Hero camera.. but it would need to be at that price...

Destiny.....

no avatar
macalenny

by macalenny » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:19 am

you mean using the hero 360 video rig and taking stills from it?

I want to do that! but yes kind of expensive at the moment.

Also, I never went to cubes, the lines are from the lightroom clarity being way too high.

My business is based upon having high quality images so I have mixed emotions about the ricoh for this reason. I never would have been able to do a 70 pano tour of this car show with my normal set up (canon 7d, stitching each pano, post processing etc etc.) so the idea to use it as a promo tool to bring people to my site/portfolio. wiht the idea that if they are interested in my services they will realize that I can provide much higher res imagery for them.

Destiny

by Destiny » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:04 am

Hi...

I don't have mixed emotions about this camera.. I just would not have used it for a full blown 70 pano Tour if my business was built on providing quality Tours...

If I were to create a Tour for Facebook etc, then fine, but.. Nothing like 70 panos.. The users would become bored with that many at that quality.. Hey, thats a Lamborghini and it looks horrible.. It should GLOW and be showcased in all its glory..

Your clients would in my opinion would only be interested in seeing high quality Tours with perhaps six panos.. The Ricoh Theta produces happy snaps for fun in showcasing the results on FaceBook..

Destiny...

no avatar
macalenny

by macalenny » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:30 am

right but this is not for any particular client, I was not paid to do it, it's for promotion of my services, in which case of being hired I agree there's no need to more than 5-10 panos in most situations. The amount of panos here gives me a wider audience to find interest in the tour.

My feelings are mixed though in that some critical viewers may think all of my work is this style, that is my fear, to be associated with poor quality. My hope is that any potential client who is seriously interested will click to view other works done well (in all their glory).

Destiny

by Destiny » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:54 am

My advice is not to put any kind of sub-standard pano up on your Social media site or your own web site.. Perhaps rather than buying the Ricoh Theta put it towards a nice fisheye lens.. or other good gear.. You can create a nice Social media Tour using PTP, just make it smaller.. There is a Social media template in PTP 1.8 and much easier in PTP V2... This version works great on my Samsung Note..

If you have a fear in being associated with poor quality then don't post up your Ricoh Theta results.. Have some empathy putting yourself in the shoes of a potential client.. Would YOU contact YOURSELF after seeing poor quality examples of YOUR work..

Its a real shame other options are just too expensive... but there is bound to be something good come onto the market.. Using the Ricoh Theta to showcase your product in my view is a mistake... Its an expensive toy meant for Social Media panos only and not for professional use to showcase professional results....

Destiny..

no avatar
macalenny

by macalenny » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:00 pm

Social media template meaning the social share plugin?

Destiny

by Destiny » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:07 pm

Meaning this....

Destiny...
Attachments
social.jpg

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:34 pm

macalenny wrote:If you like Cars check out this virtual tour I produced of the Miami International Car Show!

I am getting some errors like tiles missing. I have autotour set to start at beginning.

if you see anything weird or other errors please let me know, Thanks!

http://supremescene.com/miamicarshow/2013/build.html

I won't comment on image quality since that's not something you are seeking comments on, other than to say perhaps you should disable the fullscreen feature and limit the tour window dimensions to enhance perceived image quality?

I think the Theta does have applications for pano shooting, scenes such as this with lots of people and movement being a typical example. But perhaps you need to exert more care and control over how they can be viewed.

Some observations:

1. The Interactive floorplan is clever, but it overlays the Gallery if both are invoked.

2. It is also not too quick to loaded on my 1.5-2Mbps ADSL net connection.

3. And if you chose a brand then the secondary thumbnail images don't appear to load in a larger size when clicked.

4. The Gallery suffers the usual problem of images being rather too slow to load on my Net connection.

5. The Top menu doesn't look very nice - the serif font style isn't really a good match. But not sure whether you can change that easily...in my opinion PTP 2.x lacks adequate font styling on many areas but Kolor doesn't seem to consider that a priority. =(
Attachments
1-ptp2b4-miamicarshow.jpg

no avatar
macalenny

by macalenny » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:58 am

Thanks Mediavets.

Whats the best way to limit the tour dimension window maximum? Is that right there in the html file? I always leave it at 100% but that is an excellent idea I thought about but had other priorities of which were disabling the groups on mobile and fixing the colored area at the top on mobile, also I disabled the floor plan on tablet and mobile.

"3. And if you chose a brand then the secondary thumbnail images don't appear to load in a larger size when clicked."
You are referring to the floor plan right? Not my creation, so not sure.

Can I make an action for the floor plan to close automatically if the gallery is clicked?

Font on top menu is lithos pro. Could try another for sure. I think there are a few other decent font at least.

Thanks as always!

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:41 pm

macalenny wrote:My business is based upon having high quality images so I have mixed emotions about the ricoh for this reason.

You´re right having "mixed emotions" - i suggest to delete the pano or minimize the window. The quality is unacceptable when you
"base on having high quality images".

best, Klaus

no avatar
macalenny

by macalenny » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:49 pm

Thank you for your feedback! I appreciate your honesty.

Return to Virtual tour gallery / Galerie de visites virtuelles