Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:08 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Hotspot link to webpage
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:37 pm 

Hi
I know how to link to an external webpage via a html hotspot link but I want the linked website to open in a smaller box rather than full screen. There probably is a simple way but I'm fairly new to this so any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
John

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:55 pm 

Hi..

Have you tried using the Kolor Website Box in the Styles Plug-in Library.... You can link it to a Hotspot or a Button.... You can make it the size you want....

Destiny..

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:04 pm 

Johnytuono wrote:
Hi
I know how to link to an external webpage via a html hotspot link but I want the linked website to open in a smaller box rather than full screen. There probably is a simple way but I'm fairly new to this so any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
John

Are you using PTP 1.8 or 2.x?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:15 pm 

Sorry....ptp 1.8

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:21 pm 

Johnytuono wrote:
Sorry....ptp 1.8

The Website box plugin that Destiny described is a feature of PTP 2.x - it does offer the functionality you seek.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:48 am 

Ok.. thats not a problem...

I think try this first.... If not then go for plan B....

Attachment:
18.jpg
18.jpg [ 46.95 KiB | Viewed 568 times ]

Plan B
You can add your website url into an iFrame.. Just copy this code into your html editor, add the url of the web site you want to open and save your html file as anything you like.. You can see here that I have set the size to 800X600....

Destiny..

<html>
<style type="text/css">
body {
margin-left: 0px;
margin-top: 0px;
}
</style>

<iframe src="http://www.kolor.com/buy/" width="800px" height="600px" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>
<div align="center"></div>
</html>

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:06 pm 

Thanks Destiny
The first method didn't work............xml parser error:unterminated element (#1096)
In the second method what hotspot link do i use to point to my html file?
Thanks
John

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:01 pm 

Hi John

The problem with using the HTML option, all tags need to be closed <br/> rather than just <br> but the issue is... Thats ok if YOU made the web site, however, if you did not then that will cause issues... You have no control over that...

With the second option.... Copy the html code above and past it into dreamweaver or if you do not have any software use the Text Editor where it should give you an option to save as a html page.. Name is something like iframe.html.. Then make sure you build your tour in the same folder as that file... The graphic below will show you where to add the url.. If you you know the full url address where you will host your Tour, then provide the full url.. But it will still work this way as long as you save the iframe html file in the same folder as your Tour.. What you are doing here, is controlling the size of the browser, by putting a web site into a box frame called an iframe.. You can control the size your end using the iframe..

PTP V2 is a lot easier for sure.. The Kolor Website Box is awesome..

If you are ok with coding, I can provide steps in putting the webs site into an ColorBox if you want... Its a lot cleaner looking and acts nice too... Or you can try yourself.. The box html is linked to colorbox were you can download the files...

http://members.westnet.com.au/dps/color ... ltour.html

There is some coding on this forum where you can find how to achieve it with a ShadowBox..

Destiny...

Attachment:
saveasthtml.jpg
saveasthtml.jpg [ 80.36 KiB | Viewed 542 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:09 pm 

Destiny wrote:
Hi John

With the second option.... Copy the html code above and past it into dreamweaver or if you do not have any software use the Text Editor where it should give you an option to save as a html page.. Name is something like iframe.html.. Then make sure you build your tour in the same folder as that file... The graphic below will show you where to add the url.. If you you know the full url address where you will host your Tour, then provide the full url.. But it will still work this way as long as you save the iframe html file in the same folder as your Tour.. What you are doing here, is controlling the size of the browser, by putting a web site into a box frame called an iframe.. You can control the size your end using the iframe..

Did you test whether it works?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:22 pm 

Yes... but the issue with a Mac, the browser does not conform to the size of the window.. But I see windows does.... Did you test it...

Destiny...

mediavets wrote:

Did you test whether it works?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:00 pm 

Hi
Thanks for all the help......haven't had time to test just yet, but hopefully I will tonight. Destiny I am interested in the steps for the colourbox, i'm no expert but can work through things.
Thanks
John

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:52 pm 

Hi
Well I just tried the second method, and whilst the frame window is the specified width/height, it is still part of the full screen (ie the rest of the page is white whilst the 'window' is in the top left hand corner. Any ideas please?
Thanks
John

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:24 pm 

If you want, I will make you up a Colour Box Template, perhaps over the weekend. See how you go with that... You can also add a ShadowBox so it depends on which you prefer...

Opening a Web Page is not the issue here, thats the easy bit.. Its opening a web Page in a specified window size that has some issues but its doable...

Destiny...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:56 pm 

Johnytuono wrote:
Hi
Well I just tried the second method, and whilst the frame window is the specified width/height, it is still part of the full screen (ie the rest of the page is white whilst the 'window' is in the top left hand corner. Any ideas please?
Thanks
John

The best idea would be to upgrade to PTP 2.x. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:29 pm 

Yes thanks Destiny, that would be a great help. Mediavets, yep it might , eventually, be a better option.
John

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:22 am 

Ok John.. I made up a template for you... All you need to do is create a JS linked hotspot to the web site you need to open using 1.8 which is easy to do and then add some extra html code.. In the html you can change the size of the window box.. It will scroll on auto so the full contents can be viewed...

If this is any good to you I will web transfer it to you.. I will need an email address..

You would most certainly be better off moving onto PTP V2.. Really easy to do all what you want and for what you are getting, even though PTP V2 is is still in Beta, you are getting a lot of software for you money.. Its really only when you go back to using PTP 1.8, which I had to do to create this template, that you can really appreciate the huge advancements that PTP V2 offers..

http://members.westnet.com.au/dps/shado ... Test2.html

Destiny...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:15 pm 

Hi Destiny
Yes, that's perfect! Thank you for your time and trouble. I will pm my email address. When you say, add some extra html code, is that like as the few posts above?
Thanks again
John

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:41 pm 

A template is on its way...

Destiny...