Plugin  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it. The most requested concepts are usually implemented, as Autopano Pro / Giga is very community driven.
no avatar
capotondi

Plugin

by capotondi » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:20 pm

I would like to suggest to add the possibility to choose on which devices the selected plugin must be used.
This can be particularly useful in the case of kolor menu. for example it would be great to assign different plugins to different devices

Thanks

no avatar
HansKeesom

Re: Plugin

by HansKeesom » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:17 pm

I think I don't want to think about this as tourdesigner and prefer the plugin or panotour decide that for itself

no avatar
capotondi

by capotondi » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:54 pm

Well yes but sometimes i would like to disable the floorplan on mobile or to use 2 different menus on desktop/tablet and mobile, just my tought

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:03 pm

capotondi wrote:I would like to suggest to add the possibility to choose on which devices the selected plugin must be used.
This can be particularly useful in the case of kolor menu. for example it would be great to assign different plugins to different devices

Thanks

Yes, I'm with you on this.

I have in the past speculated about a way to design different UIs for different 'classes' of device.

Imagine for a moment that every plugin had multiple tabbed parameter sets, each for a different class of device. Each would have a different set of defaults, but all would be customisable.

krpano supports such a concept via the devices tag.

no avatar
HansKeesom

by HansKeesom » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:52 pm

mediavets wrote:

Great that it is possible in krpano and sure if kolor can easily pass this on into panotour 2.0, then sure that is fine. I just think it does not fit into the general concept of panotour which is to be a tool that allows you to quickly and easily create a standard tour that works on any platform.
Adding all these advanced settings might clog up the simplicity panotour has now.

no avatar
capotondi

by capotondi » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:03 pm

Surely i do something wrong but i'm unable to make work the devices tags on ptplugin.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:11 pm

HansKeesom wrote:
mediavets wrote:

Great that it is possible in krpano and sure if kolor can easily pass this on into panotour 2.0, then sure that is fine. I just think it does not fit into the general concept of panotour which is to be a tool that allows you to quickly and easily create a standard tour that works on any platform.
Adding all these advanced settings might clog up the simplicity panotour has now.

And that's why Kolor is working on how best to make plugins and other UI elements 'responsive;' to the platform used to view.

There's 'tension' between the desire to make it simple for beginners and the desire of experts to have a lot of control.

I think it's possible to satisfy the majority in both 'camps'.

no avatar
capotondi

by capotondi » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:05 pm

Also because you became expert only if you start to customize some code. I'm not an expert but i do lots of customization with krpano coding. Only i dont know why on some plugin i cant!

Return to Autopano future