So I've got a new PC...  

In the panorama field, hardware is also part of the success. You can discuss here about it: camera, computer, pano head, anything
no avatar
tived

Re: So I've got a new PC...

by tived » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:28 am

Hans,

Your new workstation taught you a valuable lesson which has made you even more efficient - it may have been an xpensive lesson :-)

hen

no avatar
HansKeesom

by HansKeesom » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:13 pm

tived wrote:Hans,

Your new workstation taught you a valuable lesson which has made you even more efficient - it may have been an xpensive lesson :-)

hen

Absolutely a valuable lesson which brings me a lot of good things now, it saves me time.

Expensive is relative, the upgrade was about 1500 euro. The new workflow together with the new machine will save me much more then that in hours.
Regards, Hans Keesom
I stitch and render for other photographers. Price: 25 euro or less, no cure no pay. If you want to concentrate on your business let me do the stitching for you. Free TB of Dropbox space when you have more then 250 euro business a year.

no avatar
tived

by tived » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:49 am

Systems can never b too big or too fast

no avatar
HansKeesom

by HansKeesom » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:26 pm

tived wrote:Systems can never b too big or too fast

It can be when you spend a lot of money for speed you don't use. Fortunately that is not the case.

My workflow is now such that it's kinda factoryline, processing about 3-5 fisheye pano's an hour. That is a far cry from what I could do a few years ago.
Regards, Hans Keesom
I stitch and render for other photographers. Price: 25 euro or less, no cure no pay. If you want to concentrate on your business let me do the stitching for you. Free TB of Dropbox space when you have more then 250 euro business a year.

Previous

Return to Hardware