Cannot display a Panotour2 project online with Wordpress  

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
no avatar
moeava

Cannot display a Panotour2 project online with Wordpress

by moeava » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:41 am

Hi There,

I tried to put a Panotour v2 project online with Wordpress and using the Panopress plug-in but it doesn't work.
All my Panotour 1.8 projects are displayed online with this plug-in and it works fine.

Is the problem coming from the plug-in? Do I have to wait for an update?
Is there any Wordpress users who have been able to display a PanotourV2 project?

Thank you for any useful info.

Moe

bdd
Kolor Team

Re: Cannot display a Panotour2 project online with Wordpress

by bdd » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:39 am

Which "file" are you using ? The swf file or the html file?

no avatar
Wayne Spence

by Wayne Spence » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:55 pm

I have seen a few people ask this question over some time in this forum and it confuses me a bit.

I tried to put a Panotour v2 project online with Wordpress and using the Panopress plug-in but it doesn't work.

Why are you inserting a Virtual Tour via a plugin that does the exact same job as an iframe? See the following code

<iframe src="YOUR VIRTUAL TOUR LINK HERE" height="650" width="850" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0">

Is there any Wordpress users who have been able to display a PanotourV2 project?

I have quite a few clients using the above iframe code on their website for their Virtual Tours and all of them work.

One thing to remember with Wordpress is that the less plugins you have on the site the better, and this is one less plugin to worry about.

no avatar
moeava

by moeava » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:55 pm

Hi, thanks for your replies.
I tried the Iframe code (<iframe src="panorama/GoldenSandsV2/goldensandsV2.html" height="650" width="850" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0">) but it doesn't work.
I tried with html and swf.
Can you see anything wrong with the command?

DJIO

by DJIO » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:04 am

Hi Moe,

I saw your question and it surprised me.
moeava wrote:Is there any Wordpress users who have been able to display a PanotourV2 project?

Panopress always worked perfectly for me. I've been using it for several clients.

Using both the embed version and the Preview + Lightbox (see below)
> http://www.uaidiminas.com

And for v2 as well:
> http://www.naturamaonline.com.br/tour-virtual-360/

Maybe it is in the server side, perhaps a conflict with another plugin. But if noteven the <frame> tag is working, it can be a domain limitation/protection you setup in the v2 project. Did you check that?
Please share what you discover to fix that.

If you need further assistance, please PM me, I'll try to figure out what's wrong.
But don't worry, no charge, I'd just love to know more about this PTP2+WP issue. ;)

no avatar
Wayne Spence

by Wayne Spence » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:38 am

Hi moeava,

your link has been inserted incorrectly. I see that you have tried to call up a folder from the root directory as if you were calling up an image but this is not how iframes work. You need to insert the full link starting with http

here is an example of one of my tours that i am current using on wordpress

<iframe src="http://virtualaccommodation.co.za/knysnavirtualtours/beaconhouse/" height="650" width="850" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0">

and here it is being used on the site http://beaconhouse.co.za/virtual-tour/

If you know how to use the firefox web developer page source then go to the page source on this page and see the raw code and you will see the link is the same and it works.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance with the Iframe

@DJIO

i recommend to use an iframe rather than the plugin, even though an iframe has its secutiy risks, it is nothing in comparison to plugin security risks.

no avatar
moeava

by moeava » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:55 am

Thank you for your reply Wayne but I don't get it.
You are writing: " I recommend to use an iframe rather than the plugin"
But it seems that Iframe is itself a plug-in : http://wordpress.org/plugins/iframe/

And if I look at the purpose of that plug-in I find this : An IFrame (Inline Frame) is an HTML document embedded inside another HTML document on a website. The IFrame HTML element is often used to insert content from another source, such as an advertisement, into a Web page.

So if I understand, if want to use iframe to display my panorama, it has to be already online somewhere on the web (which is not the case).

Thank you DJIO as well for your reply.
If I understand, you do not have any trouble to display a V2 panorama with Panopress. That's interesting. I had a look at my project, but I didn't set up any domain limitation or protection of any kind.

I am kind of lost for the moment.

no avatar
Wayne Spence

by Wayne Spence » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:26 am

Good Day Moeava
You are writing: " I recommend to use an iframe rather than the plugin"
But it seems that Iframe is itself a plug-in : http://wordpress.org/plugins/iframe/

This is not true, within Wordpress go to Add New Page, this will present you with all the necessary tools in order to add a page. Within this page you have the text content area that has 2 tabs on the top right. One called "Visual" and one called "Text". Select the "text" tab, insert the Iframe code i gave you in the previous post, replace with your own link. once this has been done select the "Visual" tab and you will see a yellow box display. This means that you have inserted the iframe correctly. See the below 2 screenshots. All that the Iframe plugin does is allow a nice interface that gives you short codes to insert into the visual element.

wordpress.JPG
wordpress.JPG (39.31 KiB) Viewed 761 times

Wordpress 2.JPG
Wordpress 2.JPG (64.38 KiB) Viewed 761 times

So if I understand, if want to use iframe to display my panorama, it has to be already online somewhere on the web (which is not the case).

You have to upload the Virtual Tour folder with all of its files onto your webserver and feed the iframe from that. There is no way to feed an online wordpress webpage from a local offline Virtual Tour.

If you would like some more help, maybe setup a dummy wordpress website and PM me the login information and i will insert the code so that you can see how it is done.

benji33
Kolor Team

by benji33 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:11 pm

As Wayne Spence code don't forget the "allowfullscreen" attribute. See post above.

DJIO

by DJIO » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:19 pm

Wayne Spence wrote:your link has been inserted incorrectly. I see that you have tried to call up a folder from the root directory as if you were calling up an image but this is not how iframes work. You need to insert the full link starting with http

here is an example of one of my tours that i am current using on wordpress

<iframe src="http://virtualaccommodation.co.za/knysnavirtualtours/beaconhouse/" height="650" width="850" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0">

That's very clever! I missed that!
Thanks a lot Wayne!

Wayne Spence wrote:i recommend to use an iframe rather than the plugin, even though an iframe has its secutiy risks, it is nothing in comparison to plugin security risks.

Thanks also to point that out Wayne. Are you aware of a security risk on this specific plugin or you speak in general?

I actually rather have the simplicity of shortcodes and functionality of lightbox and deal with WP security aside.
:)

panorama-reklame.de

by panorama-reklame.de » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:52 pm

Hi Moe,
besides "panopress" there is another good plugin "EasyFancy Box". It is very comfortable and I use it exclusively now.
example

Frank

no avatar
Wayne Spence

by Wayne Spence » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:50 pm

@DJIO

Thanks also to point that out Wayne. Are you aware of a security risk on this specific plugin or you speak in general?

I actually rather have the simplicity of shortcodes and functionality of lightbox and deal with WP security aside.

I am speaking of plugins in general within the wordpress environment, they have to constantly be monitored that they are up to date, if you have ever had your site defaced but extremist groups then you will know what i am talking about, but until this day comes most people tend not to care about wordpress security. Read the following article and you will understand http://www.prohostgold.com/blog/hackers-defaced-wordpress-sites/

Secondly it is far more simple to insert an Iframe then then to have to visit the plugin page, fill out the links, press publish and then copy the shortcode and paste it.

@panorama-reklame.de

besides "panopress" there is another good plugin "EasyFancy Box". It is very comfortable and I use it exclusively now.

That looks exactly like an image linking to a Virtual Tour upload, why not just upload the Virtual Tour to your server root, add an image and link it?

no avatar
moeava

by moeava » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:18 am

Thank you guys again for your replies.

To frank :
"EasyFancy Box" looks interesting but it uses a flash player and cannot be played by Android.
My clients request a multi platform solution that can be read from any device.

To Wayne:
Thanks for the insight. I installed Iframe on wordpress and I have that yellow box.
But again, I don't get how I can display my panorama as it is not online yet. Where do I get this Html address if I didn't publish it yet.
The panorama's files are already on the webserver in the Wordpress' upload directory.

As you noticed I'm not an Internet guru. I was happy with Panopress when I managed to display my tours.
BTW, is iframe compatible with every OS and devices?

Cheers

Moe

Return to Panotour bugs & discussion