Font type and Radar map interaction  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0+ problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
pbetancourt

Topic author
Liked in: 7 posts
Info

Font type and Radar map interaction

by pbetancourt » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:26 pm

Hi Friends, my first post here.
I'm trying this beta version. While I'll consider to buy it, since it has some features that I really like/need (and krpano viewer is just great); i must say that I find it overpriced. Photographers are not companies, just people making their living. You have done a great software but is not Adobe Photoshop to have this price. I hope you can review your policy regarding to this. I think is better to sell more at a lower price rather than having few people using your software. Just my point of view, with all the respect for your work which, again, is really good.

And if you allow me to give you an advice: you should consider to hire a graphic designer to build some professional looking templates for controls, buttons, hotspots, etc and also for the software interface. The reference could be iOS7 style. Clean, simple, and elegant. Hiring graphic designers in South America, for example, can be cheaper for you. You can look at behance.com and find many of them.

I would love to see your software becoming better and better.

Ok, some questions i have:
1-How can I customize the font type and style on the floating tooltips over hotspots?
2-When using PanotourMaps plugin I get the radar and it works fine when I rotate over the pano, but when I tried to move the radar itself, it doesn't work. I have the "interact with tour map events" box checked.

Many thanks!

Pablo

bdd
Kolor Team

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

Re: Font type and Radar map interaction

by bdd » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:42 pm

pbetancourt wrote:1-How can I customize the font type on the floating tooltips over hotspots?

It is not possible directly thru Panotour interface in the current version.
It is planned for a future version.

pbetancourt wrote:2-When using PanotourMaps plugin I get the radar and it works fine when I rotate over the pano, but when I tried to move the radar itself, it doesn't work. I have the "interact with tour map events" box checked.

This box is there to allow the map to open or close on the event sent by the control bar, or by the action "Show Map".
The radar displayed in the map is not draggable. It does not change the view of the panorama.

pbetancourt wrote:3-When using PanotourMaps, how can I change the icon of the hotspot that show the selected pano?

In the "Style" tab you can change the icon of the "Default Map Spot style", or create your own style.

Gérald

pbetancourt

Topic author
Info

by pbetancourt » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:53 pm

Great. In the meantime, is possible to do it from xml files?

This box is there to allow the map to open or close on the event sent by the control bar, or by the action "Show Map".
The radar displayed in the map is not draggable. It does not change the view of the panorama.

But in 1.8 version you can do it, or not?

In the "Style" tab you can change the icon of the "Default Map Spot style", or create your own style.

Found!

Many thanks for the quick feedback!

Pablo

bdd
Kolor Team

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by bdd » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:07 pm

pbetancourt wrote:

Great. In the meantime, is possible to do it from xml files?

Yes, off course, you can do it directly thru the XML files.
You can either change the existing tooltip styles, or add your own ones.

In the XML files, mainly in the "xxx_skin.xml" file, find the "textstyle" and "textfields" elements. When used for tooltips, their names should contain "tooltip".

pbetancourt wrote:

But in 1.8 version you can do it, or not?

Yes in the 1.8 version, the radar could be used to move the view.
But the technology behind the PanotourMaps plugin in the 1.8 and the 2.0 has changed.
It allows you now to have the GoogleMaps layer, while it "disappeared" in 1.8. It allows you to display the map also on tablets and mobiles.
And it will allow you to use new map layers in future versions like Yandex and maybe Apple Maps.

Gérald

pbetancourt

Topic author
Info

by pbetancourt » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:11 pm

Many thanks Gérald!

Pablo

no avatar
benji33
Kolor Team

Liked in: 199 posts
Info

by benji33 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:34 am

You can also for your controls bar define a new plugin into your user directory (which can be a copy of one of our controls bar) with all your updates to use it in all your visits.

See here for plugin creation : http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/action/view/How_to_create_a_Panotour_plugin

Simply make a copy of one of our controls bar (can be found into C:\Program Files\Kolor\Panotour Pro 2.0\Resources\plugins for instance) into your Panotour Pro user plugins directory as a start draft and update code and tooltips into the tmpl file.

Be careful : the ID name of the plugin (at the start of the xml document) must be a new name into the plug_info.xml file.
Benjamin

pbetancourt

Topic author
Info

by pbetancourt » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:52 pm

Thanks, I'll try it.

Pablo