Football stadium  

All things panoramic.
An open forum for every topic on photography, panoramas, IT or related.
no avatar
Sean King

Football stadium

by Sean King » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:24 pm

I am starting a new project making a 360 panorama of a football stadium.

This is much bigger project than what I am used to, my normal project consists of shops or homes.

My normal method is 8 photos around then 1 up and one down, but I am worried about the lack of detail in a football stadium with this method.

How would you guys approach such a big project?

Regards,

Sean

no avatar
HansKeesom

Re: Football stadium

by HansKeesom » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:08 am

How much time do you have to do the shot?
You problably are using a fisheye at the moment. What is the next focal length you have? 24 mm? Do a test with that length first.
24 mm would mean making at least one photo every 24 degrees horizontal for a non FF camera. Make shots at +90, +65, +40, +15,-10, -35, -70, -90 vertically
Use import wizard to import a pattern of 8 rows and 24 photos. Of course you can decide to do only the rows around o degrees vertically.
You likely need a very strong computer to get this done. If you don't have such machine feel free to dropbox the photos to me and I will give it a try.
Regards, Hans Keesom
I stitch and render for other photographers. Price: 25 euro or less, no cure no pay. If you want to concentrate on your business let me do the stitching for you. Free TB of Dropbox space when you have more then 250 euro business a year.

Return to Open discussion