How to add labels  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
stillstonevisions

How to add labels

by stillstonevisions » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:51 pm

My customer wants me to add a few text labels atop objects in the panoramas. I know I could go back and add them in Photoshop in the panorama image files, but it would be easier if there's a way to do it in PTP. These labels won't be hotspots. Can such a label be added?

Thanks,
Paul

no avatar
stillstonevisions

by stillstonevisions » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:52 pm

I think I figured this out. Add a hotspot without a link and keyed to an image file under "Display". Is that the best way?

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:22 am

stillstonevisions wrote:I think I figured this out. Add a hotspot without a link and keyed to an image file under "Display". Is that the best way?

Yes, if you wish the label to be displayed all the time; Display/Object/Other.. then select your custom graphic text.

If you use a format which supports transparency - such as PNG - then PTP will honour that.

Many users have requested a Text type hotspot for PTP 2.x for exactly this labelling purpose, but there is as yet no committment from Kolor for this feature.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
stillstonevisions

by stillstonevisions » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:14 pm

Thank you.

Paul

no avatar
stillstonevisions

Re: How to add labels

by stillstonevisions » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:50 pm

Has this "text-type hotspot" yet been added to PTP2.0? If so, how do I find it. If not, what is the best way to place a non-rotating label near the top of a pano to indicate the name of the space being viewed?

Similarly, what is the best way to place a non-rotating logo image in a corner of the pano?

Are these documented in the current docs? If so, please feel free to refer me to the page number.

Thank you
Paul

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:11 pm

stillstonevisions wrote:Has this "text-type hotspot" yet been added to PTP2.0?

No.

If not, what is the best way to place a non-rotating label near the top of a pano to indicate the name of the space being viewed?

For PTP 2.x, use the Title plugin in the Text zone.

Similarly, what is the best way to place a non-rotating logo image in a corner of the pano?

For PTP 2.x, u se the Logo plugin in the Image Zone.

Are these documented in the current docs? If so, please feel free to refer me to the page number.

Thank you
Paul

http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/action/ ... ns_library
Attachments
1-ptp2-title-plugin.jpg
2-ptp2-logo-plugin.jpg

no avatar
stillstonevisions

by stillstonevisions » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:44 pm

I figured out how to change the name of the pano without changing its file name. I guess that would be the way to do this, correct? I find the documentation on these points all too brief and lacking in detail.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:49 pm

stillstonevisions wrote:I figured out how to change the name of the pano without changing its file name. I guess that would be the way to do this, correct?

Yes.

Return to Using Panotour / Panotour Pro 1.8