Problem with the hand controller!  

Everything you need to motorize your head
no avatar
speed21

Problem with the hand controller!

by speed21 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:07 pm

First hello to everyone on this forum :)

I hope i am on the right place to find a solution for my problem

I Have a Merlin/Orion (Not sure wich model because there is no model number or brand on the head and the hand controller with 9 buttons (GUIDE,SLOW,FAST,LEFT,RIGHT,UP,DOWN,SET and GO)

What i can say is that in the head the board is labeled as SYNTA MC0001 Rev. D, to start explaining my problem first of all i did not buy the head for panoramic shooting, i buyed i used Video Crane that had that Merlin as Motorized Pan Tilt Head, first i didnt know that the head is made for panoramic shooting, no mind.

Everething worked well for about 1 year and before a few days when i turn the head on, my hand controller is not working just blinkink SET and GO buttons, and the head is not reacting to any function.

Sorry for my bad english :)

T

claudevh

by claudevh » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:20 pm

Blinking buttons mean that the connexion with the head is defectuous .... After a certain time you get a bad connexion with the RJ12 connector ..
:cool: Claude :cool:
Merlin + Papywizard on Windows 7 & Nokia 770 § N810 & Acer (Netbook) + PanoramaApp Androïd + Deltawave PapyMerlin BT + Autopano
Spherical Pano (180 x 360) with Canon 40D + Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 Zoom & Pôle Pano with Canon 5D MK2 and shaved Tokina 10-17 3.5-4.5 AF DX Fisheye
Gigapixel photography with Nikon D200 + Sigma 70-200 F 2.8 EX DG APO HSM

Return to Motorized panohead project: Merlin, Orion & Papywizard