Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:12 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: HTML5 Everywhere
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:19 pm 

Couldn't find an answer but may not have been patient enough...

If I want to default to HTML5 everywhere it looks like I need to either upgrade to PTP 2.0 and/or get the HTML 5 add on license from KRPano, no?

Currently using PTP 1.8.0 64bit on a Mac and tours default to flash on the desktop. Would like to default to HTML5.

Any help greatly appreciated?

gsf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:46 am 

Hi.. You need to update to PTP V2...

After you create your html file, use the suffix ?html5=prefer or ?html5=always
This way you will have html5 as your default viewing option...

Destiny...

Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:28 am 

gsf wrote:
Couldn't find an answer but may not have been patient enough...

If I want to default to HTML5 everywhere it looks like I need to either upgrade to PTP 2.0 and/or get the HTML 5 add on license from KRPano, no?

Currently using PTP 1.8.0 64bit on a Mac and tours default to flash on the desktop. Would like to default to HTML5.

Any help greatly appreciated?

gsf

As Destiny says you need to upgrade to PTP 2.x - getting the HTML 5 add-on license from krpano is not a solution for PTP 1.8 which already incorporates such a license.

The issue is that PTP 1.8 incorporates krpano V1.0.8.14 - and supports HTML5 exclusively for iDevices - and PTP2.x works with the latest version of krpano (currently V1.16.6) which has much wider HTML5 support.

You should be ware that HTML5 support still varies depending on platform and browser capabilities, see:

http://krpano.com/docu/html5/

PTP 2.x is currently in Alpha 16 state - incomplete with some bugs.

If you wish to upgrade you can do so via your Kolor account. Then use the contact form to ask Kolor to register you on the Kolor VIProom forum set up to support pre-release testing and use of PTP2.x where you will find download links and can obtain peer support with developer input.

http://www.kolor.com/contact.html

Merlin/Orion robotic pano head + Papywizard on Nokia 770/N800/N810 and Windows 8/XP/2K.

Last edited by mediavets on Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:19 pm 

Thanks Andrew,

We solved the problem by exporting the licenses from PTP 1.8 then used them with the latest krpano protect too - seems to be workingl. We're testing now but, since this is for a closed demo, we should be able to work around any browser problems. Hopefully PTP 2.0 and our release schedule will align in the not to distant future.

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:42 pm 

ACTUALLY.... with krpano, there is an update tool that updates the swf and .js files to the latest version you have installed on your computer. So you wont have to wait until the latest release which I doubt will actually be any better...