Receive License Error  

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
no avatar
deminggray@gmail.com

Receive License Error

by deminggray@gmail.com » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:09 pm

Hello,

I need assistance with an error message I am receiving. I created a virtual tour and linked a small video to it. The virtual tour runs fine on my stand alone computer, but when uploaded onto a server and run from a webpage I receive a license error when accessing the video. The virtual tour runs well. The license error just states "License Error". I can't find any information on this issue. Help anyone!

Thanks,

Deming Gray

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:14 pm

deminggray@gmail.com wrote:Hello,

I need assistance with an error message I am receiving. I created a virtual tour and linked a small video to it. The virtual tour runs fine on my stand alone computer, but when uploaded onto a server and run from a webpage I receive a license error when accessing the video. The virtual tour runs well. The license error just states "License Error". I can't find any information on this issue. Help anyone!

Thanks,

Deming Gray

What version of Panotour Pro (PTP) are you using and on what operating system?

Are you sure you have uploaded all the files created when you built the tour.

One way to ensure you upload all the files is to use one the HTML template options and build the tour into a new folder/dircetiory and then upload that whole folder/directory to your server.

If you have chosen to embed all data be aware that audio and video files never get embedded in the SWF file.

If the tour is online can you share the URL so we can take look?
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
deminggray@gmail.com

by deminggray@gmail.com » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:37 pm

Yes, I will get you access to the file so that you may see it. It is running on a company intranet. I have uploaded a screen shot of the error message we receive.

I am running PanoTour Pro V1.8.0 64 bit

I built the tour on a Mac, Lion OS v10.7.5

Yes, I believe I have uploaded all the files, but I will try to check using the method you describe.

I was not aware the audio and video does not get embedded. However, the video is in a separate folder and hot linked to the VTour.

Thanks for your help. I really need a solution to this problem.

Deming

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:50 pm

deminggray@gmail.com wrote:Yes, I will get you access to the file so that you may see it. It is running on a company intranet. I have uploaded a screen shot of the error message we receive.

I am running PanoTour Pro V1.8.0 64 bit

I built the tour on a Mac, Lion OS v10.7.5

Yes, I believe I have uploaded all the files, but I will try to check using the method you describe.

I was not aware the audio and video does not get embedded. However, the video is in a separate folder and hot linked to the VTour.

Thanks for your help. I really need a solution to this problem.

Deming

What do you mean by "the video is in a separate folder and hot linked to the VTour. "?
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
deminggray@gmail.com

by deminggray@gmail.com » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:27 pm

Hi,

The directory structure is shown in the attached screenshot.

By hot linked, I mean that I create a hot spot in one of the panos and call the video as an object.

It all works fine on my local machine but when loaded onto a web page on my companies website I receive the license error.

My company is a US Federal agency. As such they will not allow you to access the website on the intranet without a lot of paperwork. Would it be possible for my IT person to call you and discuss the issues? If so, we will need to know your time zone and set a time to talk.

Thanks,

Deming Gray
Last edited by deminggray@gmail.com on Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:40 pm

deminggray@gmail.com wrote:Hi,

The directory structure is shown in the attached screenshot.

I don't see it...

Are you aware of the Image upload feature that allows you to upload inmages with your posts?

If you use Post Reply rather than Quick Post - or edit an existing post - you'll find it below the message composition box.
Last edited by mediavets on Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
deminggray@gmail.com

by deminggray@gmail.com » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:44 pm

Yes, I'll try to upload again.

no avatar
deminggray@gmail.com

by deminggray@gmail.com » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:47 pm

Screenshot upload

no avatar
deminggray@gmail.com

by deminggray@gmail.com » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:48 pm

Screenshot as jpg.

no avatar
deminggray@gmail.com

by deminggray@gmail.com » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:48 pm

AHHHH, it must not be a .tiff file!

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:33 pm

deminggray@gmail.com wrote:Screenshot as jpg.

This is when, before you build the tour, or after?

Can't be after as PTP 1.8 doesn't create folder structures like that and the linked video file will be copied and renamed when incorporated into the tour when it is built; so it doesn't matter where the source video is (after that).

Screenshot 1 - Here's an example of where the copied and renamed video will end up relative to other files and folders that make up the tour if you don't embed data or XML files. And I recommend that you don't embed them.

I built the tour - using the Build as.. option - into the folder 'spot-video-test'

Screenshot 2 - and this is how the point hotspot linked to the video was configured.

Last edited by mediavets on Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

Return to Panotour bugs & discussion 1.8