My first PTP 2.0 tour: Mt. Katahdin reflecting in Sunday Pond, Maine  

Share what you've done with Autopano Pro.
Montrez nous vos oeuvres !
aaronpriest

My first PTP 2.0 tour: Mt. Katahdin reflecting in Sunday Pond, Maine

by aaronpriest » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:59 am

This is my first virtual tour with Panotour Pro 2.0. The second panorama of the sunrise is my largest spherical panorama to date, 1.5 gigapixels, and my first spherical panorama stitched with AutoPano Giga. I put more information such as camera settings, brackets, number of photos, editing workflow, etc. for each panorama under the lower right "i" button on the menu. There are also buttons for a photo gallery and a timelapse video to the lower left.

Enjoy!

http://www.aaronpriestphoto.com/panorama/2013/2013-06-15_Sunday_Pond/

My blog post with some more photos and details is here:
http://www.aaronpriestphoto.com/2013/06/sunday-pond/

Destiny

by Destiny » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:18 am

Hi.. Did you know that you can add a description to your Gallery.. Its not an active feature yet, so you need to do it using the XML code... Its easy to do.. You can add a Title too....

For me, the sharpening is overdone... With auto rotate it giggers.... I would have loved to have been at that location.. Partially early in the morning...

Glad you are enjoying PTP V2... The option to showcase streaming video and Galleries is a big stop forward for PTP...

Destiny...
Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

no avatar
Artisan New

by Artisan New » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:22 am

Nice work I like the second sphere better then the first one, both are beautifuly stitched, but the first one is a bit to Spinal Tappy for my personal liking. And to Des I say the same as Cor den Biggelaer said to a freind of mine when he complained that his Ducatti Den Biggelaer had vibrations comming from the gearbox at 270 km/h....."Then you have to switch a gear up".....he had forgotten that he now had 7 instead of 6 gears (as on his old bike).....okay then it reached 320 km/h without vibrations....now the same applies here....this is a 1.5 Gpixel sphere, so just zoom in and the gittering disappears.

Greets, Ed.
Olympus OM-D with HLD-6, Fuji GX680, Samyang 7.5, Olympus 9-18, Sigma 19, Panasonic 14-45, Nikon 50 1.4 on Novoflex with tripod mount, Nikon 80-200, Panasonic 45-200, Fujinon 135, Fujinon 80, Fujinon 65, Fujinon 50, Gitzo Gilux Reporter 2, Sirui Ballhead and Panosaurus 2.0 NNP adapter, Motorized Panohead of Canadian (ironware)/Dutch (electronics and software) construction.

aaronpriest

by aaronpriest » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:14 pm

The second one of sunrise is my favorite too. I spent a lot of time and effort on that one trying to get the colors and white balance very natural. The first one I had fun with HDR. Neither of them are sharpened on export from Lightroom. The quality is medium on export from PTP 2.0. The slight flicker when zoomed out shows up on my laptop but not on my high end desktop with fast refresh rate IPS screens. I figured it was just my video card struggling on the laptop or the cheaper TN LCD panel. The quality is too low to see flicker on my iPad. Can't wait for multi resolution tiling on iPads!

I didn't know about the description and titles yet, that's cool! For this tour I tried to do everything completely in the GUI with no hand tweaking at all, just to show off how far PTP 2.0 has come along already. I did tweak two things though: I added my custom metadata to the HTML file so it would share properly on social media and I added 'playTourSounds();' to closeKolorBoxCallback-webVideoViewer so the background music would resume when the timelapse video was closed.

Did you see the timelapse video? We shot a couple sunrises and sunsets there and even captured the northern lights on one night.

UK Pano

by UK Pano » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:32 pm

Amazing scenary Aaron and superbly blended together. Both tours look great on this 24" panel! Second one also gets my vote

The nav bar and buttons, I'm assuming those are custom and not "out of the box" from PTP2.0?
Canon 400D / Canon 24-105mm L / Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE / Sigma 10-20mm / Sigma 70-300mm / NN3 & R1 / PS CS2 / LR3 / Enfuse

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:51 pm

aaronpriest wrote:The first one I had fun with HDR. Neither of them are sharpened on export from Lightroom.

Hey Aaron!

Well done! Very nice mood again!

The first one i mean is a bit too bright in the mid-tones. Looks a bit un-weighted (don´t know whethetr that´s the right word).

A tiny bit darker Gamma will do fine i think.

Integration of photographs and the movie is very good!

best to you, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

aaronpriest

by aaronpriest » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:19 am

UK Pano wrote:Amazing scenary Aaron and superbly blended together. Both tours look great on this 24" panel! Second one also gets my vote

The nav bar and buttons, I'm assuming those are custom and not "out of the box" from PTP2.0?

The nav bar and nav buttons are right out of PTP 2.0, I just adjusted color and transparency. The photo gallery and video buttons to the left however are my own creation.

aaronpriest

by aaronpriest » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:21 am

klausesser wrote:The first one i mean is a bit too bright in the mid-tones. Looks a bit un-weighted (don´t know whethetr that´s the right word).

A tiny bit darker Gamma will do fine i think.

Yeah, you are probably right. It's in the can now though so to speak. I spent so much time on the second panorama that I never went back and gave the first one the same attention.

Return to Panorama gallery / Galerie de panoramas