HTML5 NOT WORKING AND GENERALLY BEING IRRITATING  

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
no avatar
itsrichphoto

HTML5 NOT WORKING AND GENERALLY BEING IRRITATING

by itsrichphoto » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:47 pm

Like I said, html5 not working and generally being irritating!

I have exported the project about 5 times now and have spent more time trying to get it to work in html5 than it took to put together. I mean hours!

I get no eror messages, it just doesnt show.

The last time I did it, it worked! Until I changed the html name to index.html and then it didnt work.

I have obviously checked all the files, the file locations etc etc. normally, if it is an xml problem, then there would be an xml error message. I have cross referenced everything.

The only thing I can think of is that I forgot to tick the box that says export for html5 (why bother having that?) on the firt export. but sine then, i have retsarted and exported to a new folder a bunch of times.

What is going on? I cant show the files online as it is confidential information, which makes things even trickier!

Please help!

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"/>
<title></title>
<meta name="viewport" content="target-densitydpi=device-dpi, width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, minimum-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0, user-scalable=no"/>
<meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes"/>
<style type="text/css">
@media only screen and (min-device-width: 800px) { html { overflow:hidden; } }
* { padding: 0; margin: 0; }
html { height: 100%; }
body { height: 100%; overflow:hidden; }
#container { height: 100%; min-height: 100%; width: 100%; margin: 0 auto; }
</style>
</head>
<body>
<script src="swfobject/swfkrpano.js"></script>
<div id="container">
<div id="panoDIV" style="height:100%;">
<script>
embedpano({target:"panoDIV",swf:"BERGMAN.swf"});
</script>
<noscript>
<div id="tour">
<object width="100%" height="100%">
<embed src="BERGMAN.swf" width="100%" height="100%" allowFullScreen="true"></embed>
</object>
</div>
</noscript>
</div>
</div>
</body>
</html>
Richard Hart
Commercial and portrait photographer OC California
http://www.richhartphoto.com

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:00 pm

itsrichphoto wrote:Like I said, html5 not working and generally being irritating!

I have exported the project about 5 times now and have spent more time trying to get it to work in html5 than it took to put together. I mean hours!

I get no eror messages, it just doesnt show.

Some questions:

1. Which version of PTP you using? PTP 1.8? 32-bit or 64-bit?

2. Which OS are you using? And 32-bit or 64-bit?

3. Are you using one of the HTML temnplate options when building the tour, and do you then access the tour via the HTML file?

3. What platform and browser are you using to attempt to view the HTNML 5 version of the tour?

An observation:

Mobile-compatible (HTML5) output from PTP 1.8 only works with Apple iDevices.

PTP 2.x will support more mobile platforms via HTML5, including many Android platforms.

You can upgrade to PTP2.x now.

PTP 2.x is currently in Alpha state - incomplete and with bugs - but you may use it for production work warts-n-all if you wish.

If you choose to upgrade then ask Kolor to register you as a member of the Kolor VIProom forum set up to support pre-release testing and use of PTP 2.x. There you will find download links for PTP 2.x and can obtain peer-support from other PTP 2.x early adopters/testers.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
itsrichphoto

by itsrichphoto » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:21 pm

HI mediavets

thanks for investigating my dilemma!

using ptp 1.8 64bit on mac 10.8.4

html template was a standard one (on purpose)

browser is safari

can you open ptp 1.8 in version 2? I thought it was completely different. wasnt sure if ugrading was worthwhile, would like to try it out before buying. Bit upset that when i purchased ptp in April, it said ugrades.

within a year would be free, and that isnt the case!

Many thanks, hope you can help
Richard Hart

no avatar
itsrichphoto

by itsrichphoto » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:22 pm

this is the first time I havent got it to work, previously there may have been a file missing or the html code was wrong.

I also have the latest krpano installed which is what i have been using for 3years
Richard Hart

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:40 pm

itsrichphoto wrote:HI mediavets

thanks for investigating my dilemma!

using ptp 1.8 64bit on mac 10.8.4

html template was a standard one (on purpose)

browser is safari

So you are trying to view using Safari on a desktop/laptop Mac is that correct? Or using an iDevice?

Do you have unusual characters in file and folder names - it's best to avoid mixed case, special characters and spaces.

Do all panoramas in the tour meet the min spec. for compatibility with mobile/HTML5 output?

The HTML file created by PTP 1.8 invokes a script that detects the browser user-agent of the viewing platform. If it detects an iDevice browser user-agent it will load the HTML5 version of the tour in all other cases it will attempt to load the Flash version of the tour.

If viewing on a Mac OSX desktop/laptop have you set the browser user-agent in Safari to an iDevice setting?

can you open ptp 1.8 in version 2? I thought it was completely different.

There is currently a limited PTP 1.8 project import capability. The PTP 2.x UI is rather different and workflow too; but there are also many additional features and capabilities.

wasn't sure if upgrading was worthwhile, would like to try it out before buying.

If you ever want more than PTP 1.8 currently offers then PTP 2.x is the only upgrade path.

Ask Kolor to resister you as member of the Kolor VIP room forum set up to support pre-release testing of PTP 2.x for access to downloads and peer-support from early adopters and testers.

Bit upset that when i purchased ptp in April, it said ugrades within a year would be free, and that isnt the case!

Many thanks, hope you can help

I don't work for Kolor...so that's an issue for someone else. But point upgrades - within 1.x - have been free. I don't think major release upgrades have been free in the past.
Last edited by mediavets on Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:43 pm

itsrichphoto wrote:this is the first time I havent got it to work, previously there may have been a file missing or the html code was wrong.

I also have the latest krpano installed which is what i have been using for 3years

PTP 1.8 incorporates an older version of krpano - V. 1.8.14.

Is there a chance that the versions of krpano are getting 'mixed up'?

PTP 2.x incorporates the latest version of krpano.
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
itsrichphoto

by itsrichphoto » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:46 pm

thanks for all the info!

No special characters. I have been using in safari, which works, then going to develop/user agent/ipad to test as well as using it on iPad. the html file loads but shows nothing in it including no error message or download flash.
Richard Hart

no avatar
itsrichphoto

by itsrichphoto » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:47 pm

mediavets wrote:
itsrichphoto wrote:this is the first time I havent got it to work, previously there may have been a file missing or the html code was wrong.

when ptp exports, it exports as the older version, so I dont think it is using krpano at all
Richard Hart

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:53 pm

itsrichphoto wrote:thanks for all the info!

No special characters. I have been using in safari, which works,

So that's the Flash version of the tour which is working OK?

then going to develop/user agent/ipad to test as well as using it on iPad. the html file loads but shows nothing in it including no error message or download flash.

So it doesn't work on either a real iPad nor on Safari with user-agent set to iPad?

Are we talking viewing from local disk or online? Or both?

Does the tour include any special features or content?

Little planet intro?

Video and or audio content?
Last edited by mediavets on Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:00 pm

itsrichphoto wrote:
mediavets wrote:

when ptp exports, it exports as the older version, so I dont think it is using krpano at all

Well it does use krpano...in that PTP is essentially a GUI front-end command code generator for the krpano Panorama Viewers.

The krpano license for the Flash Panorama Viewer is embedded in PTP1.8 and its Flash output, the krpano HTML/javascript viewer license is discrete.

I guess you menat that PTP 1.8 is not using the latest version of krpano you also have installed on your system?
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
itsrichphoto

by itsrichphoto » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:06 am

mediavets wrote:

then going to develop/user agent/ipad to test as well as using it on iPad. the html file loads but shows nothing in it including no error message or download flash.

So it doesn't work on either a real iPad nor on Safari with user-agent set to iPad?

Little planet intro?

the tour is online and local machine, the results are the same.

flash is version 11.7.700.225

it has been tested on a few machines and ipads with the same results

there is a little planet intro. otherwise content is all images with a map, drop down list and a couple other images eg logos

weird... I thought i would take out some content from the main xml and it works in html5. this means there is something in the code it doesnt like!

if I opened the tour normally, it would be fine, then in html5 logos and other things wouldnt show...
the combo box is in a different place, the map button is as it was before i adjusted it. change to normal html and it works as before. it is effectively reading code that doesnt exist?!
Richard Hart

no avatar
itsrichphoto

by itsrichphoto » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:44 am

in fact I have it working! but still when i take items away, they remain, when i click on a button to show the map, it wont work again and i cant click on the hotspots on the map or in the scene.

so it isnt really working...

and what is displayed on local machine and internet are very different.
Last edited by itsrichphoto on Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Richard Hart

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:17 am

itsrichphoto wrote:
mediavets wrote:

Little planet intro?

the tour is online and local machine, the results are the same.

flash is version 11.7.700.225

it has been tested on a few machines and ipads with the same results

there is a little planet intro. otherwise content is all images with a map, drop down list and a couple other images eg logos

weird... I thought i would take out some content from the main xml and it works in html5. this means there is something in the code it doesnt like!

What did you take out?

AFAIK little planet intros won't be displayed on iDevices, but I didn't think that should prevent the whole tour from being displayed.

if I opened the tour normally, it would be fine, then in html5 logos and other things wouldnt show...

What format are these logos that won't display on iDevices?

the combo box is in a different place, the map button is as it was before i adjusted it. change to normal html and it works as before. it is effectively reading code that doesnt exist?!

Server caching and/or browser caching?
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
itsrichphoto

by itsrichphoto » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:09 pm

Thanks for the info! I would suggest all of those things too, but its not the solution.

After I exported the project again, this time with all the navigation controls, I have found that when switching from normal flash mode to html5, the navigation buttons that came with panotour, reappear! I have got no idea why or how or how to change this! The original project was exported without any controls and I copied custom controls from another project. I guess this must have been what upset things? I still dont get how when I delete controls, they reappear under html5!
Richard Hart

no avatar
itsrichphoto

by itsrichphoto » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:10 pm

even the combo box moves position after I have changed it!

even when the combobox position was put in the top right corner in panotour, in html5 mode it will reappear in the bottom left behind the navigation. What is going on?!

I changed in the code, the help screen image. in html5, it reverts to the original.

I am using the tutorial theme. I guess the interface is being read by an external file. This has never happened before!
Last edited by itsrichphoto on Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Richard Hart

no avatar
itsrichphoto

by itsrichphoto » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:53 pm

update: I reinstalled ptp and it didnt make any difference. Also, even through the combo box is displayed, it doesnt load new panos.

I have a png image that when pressed shows the map with hotspots. It appears no hotspots work in the ibooks widget which is a really big issue. This project has had next to no extra coding, is 99% out of ptp.
Richard Hart

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:36 am

itsrichphoto wrote:update: I reinstalled ptp and it didnt make any difference. Also, even through the combo box is displayed, it doesnt load new panos.

I have a png image that when pressed shows the map with hotspots. It appears no hotspots work in the ibooks widget which is a really big issue. This project has had next to no extra coding, is 99% out of ptp.

Do you have a tour that's 100% generated by PTP?

If so, does that work?

I'm sure you understand that any custom coding will be overwritten (and lost) if you later build the tour again in PTP.

It's very difficult to understand what's going on if you can't share the tours online.
Last edited by mediavets on Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
itsrichphoto

by itsrichphoto » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:23 pm

Thanks a lot for all your support! In the end, I made a work around by having a full interface with all the buttons. Which I didnt want! I rebuilt the tour several times. I intiially was going to build the tour with no template and copy all the buttons and extra images from a previous project.

The tour that I built, without any modifications to the xml would change its appearance i.e.. the navigation buttons etc when changing to ipad mode. All I can say is its a weird bug!

I rebuilt the tour in different folders to ensure there was no chance of existing files remaining. I built the tour about 8 times!

I also deleted buttons that would reappear again once shifted over to ipad mode. even when tested on the iPad. I really cant understand it.
Last edited by itsrichphoto on Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Richard Hart

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:35 pm

itsrichphoto wrote:Thanks a lot for all your support! In the end, I made a work around by having a full interface with all the buttons. Which I didnt want! I rebuilt the tour several times. I intiially was going to build the tour with no template and copy all the buttons and extra images from a previous project.

What do you mean by 'a full inteface with all the buttons'?

The tour that I built, without any modifications to the xml would change its appearance i.e.. the navigation buttons etc when changing to ipad mode. All I can say is its a weird bug!

Do you mean the style of the nav bar buttons changed or that the number of buttons changed, or....?

PTP 2.x can do something like that - it adjusts tha nav bar contents to better suit the viewing platform but PTP 1.8 doesn't.

I rebuilt the tour in different folders to ensure there was no chance of existing files remaining. I built the tour about 8 times!

I also deleted buttons that would reappear again once shifted over to ipad mode. even when tested on the iPad. I really cant understand it.

I can't understand it either - I've never experienced anything like that nor can I recall anyone else reporting anything like that.

Would it happen with just a single pano in the tour?

I would like to try and reproduce the problem if we cannot be allowed to see the issue live online.
Last edited by mediavets on Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

Return to Panotour bugs & discussion 1.8