Quelle tête panoramique ???????  

En photos panoramique, le matériel est aussi important. Voici la place pour en discuter : appareil photo, tête, imprimante, ordinateur
Gbzh

Quelle tête panoramique ???????

by Gbzh » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:08 pm

Salut tout et tous.
Bon, ça fait 2-3 semaines que je me suis m’habitué aux logiciels, et j’ai enfin compris que mon pano head maison droit être remplacer, mais par la quelle ???
Je travaille dans l’immobilier et j’’utilise AP et PT pour les photos panoramiques des maisons que je vendre. J’utilise un sony A35 avec un Samyung 8mm fisheye. Je ne cherche par à  faire des gigapanos, ni le HD, mais les panos simple et surtout léger pour télécharger plus rapidement. Je cherche une tête qui est facile à  utiliser, compact et assis léger et sans avoir besoin de braquer le banque non plus.
Donc après pas mal fouiné sur le net j’ai une liste de 3 modèles pour +/-200 € pièce :
- Nodal Ninja 3 avec rotateur de base
- PanoMaxx II
- La nouvelle Bushman Gobi
J’aimerai bien avoir vos avis si ils sont stable, facile, etc, etc. Merci d’avance et Kenavo !
I'm on a rapid learning curve!! ;)

Gbzh

by Gbzh » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:30 pm

Y'as quelle qu'un????

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:47 pm

Gbzh wrote:Salut tout et tous.
Bon, ça fait 2-3 semaines que je me suis m’habitué aux logiciels, et j’ai enfin compris que mon pano head maison droit être remplacer, mais par la quelle ???
Je travaille dans l’immobilier et j’’utilise AP et PT pour les photos panoramiques des maisons que je vendre. J’utilise un sony A35 avec un Samyung 8mm fisheye. Je ne cherche par à  faire des gigapanos, ni le HD, mais les panos simple et surtout léger pour télécharger plus rapidement. Je cherche une tête qui est facile à  utiliser, compact et assis léger et sans avoir besoin de braquer le banque non plus.
Donc après pas mal fouiné sur le net j’ai une liste de 3 modèles pour +/-200 € pièce :
- Nodal Ninja 3 avec rotateur de base
- PanoMaxx II
- La nouvelle Bushman Gobi
J’aimerai bien avoir vos avis si ils sont stable, facile, etc, etc. Merci d’avance et Kenavo !

I have used several pano heads but have no direct experience with any of these.

I have read reports of a user who had a bad experience with the PANOMAXX click stop mechanism.

The NN3 is very well established, probably best with one of the R-Dx rotators.

I now no more about the Bushman Gobi than what Ive read on the Kolor and Bushman Gobi web sites, but it appears that you cannot easily change the number of clickstops? But it has click stops on the upper arm rotator, not sure how valuable that is.

If you are planning to shoot panos only with the Sigma 8mm fisheye then check out the the Nodal Ninja U-R10 ring-style head.

http://www.kolor.com/buy/photo-hardware/nodal-ninja-ultimate-r10-with-rotator-mini.html (English)

http://www.kolor.com/buy/photo-hardware/nodal-ninja-ultimate-r10-with-rotator-mini.html?___store=default&___from_store=eng
Last edited by mediavets on Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

Gbzh

by Gbzh » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:34 pm

Hi Mediavets,
Thanks for the answer.I don't know how good your French is, but just in case I'll give you a quick run down of my needs.
Basically I am a freelance estate agent here in Brittany France and am adding panoshots for the properties, I wouldn't go as far as saying virtual tours, but 1-3 sphericals to get the feel for a place. I am purposely keeping the image quality low so that it loads up easily for every one, and they are more to give an idea of the rural settings of the properties I market, as opposed to being works of art.
I actually use a Samyung 8mmm Fisheye (not a Sigma) as these are early days for me.
Up until now I have used a homemade bracket in landscape position and have done 3 shots + nadir and wenith.
Obviously once I buy my pano head, this might change with the portrait position, but you get the gist.

As you said the NN3 is the longest established, but everyone suggests getting a rotator for them, where the other two it seems very much an option.
The panoMaxx seems similar to the NN3, For the click mechanisms I am not too worried as I am(will be) using a standard set up.
And finally concerning, and finally the Gobi is the newbie, but the light weight and compact side appealed to me.

Your feed back (and any one elses ;) ) is more than welcome.

Cheers

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:15 pm

Gbzh wrote:Hi Mediavets,
Thanks for the answer.I don't know how good your French is,

Nowhere near as good as your English.

but just in case I'll give you a quick run down of my needs.
Basically I am a freelance estate agent here in Brittany France and am adding panoshots for the properties, I wouldn't go as far as saying virtual tours, but 1-3 sphericals to get the feel for a place. I am purposely keeping the image quality low so that it loads up easily for every one, and they are more to give an idea of the rural settings of the properties I market, as opposed to being works of art.

OK.

I actually use a Samyung 8mmm Fisheye (not a Sigma) as these are early days for me.

You see now I cannot even read English. Why did I reda it as Sigma - I blame encroaching senility.

Up until now I have used a homemade bracket in landscape position and have done 3 shots + nadir and wenith.
Obviously once I buy my pano head, this might change with the portrait position, but you get the gist.

What do you hope to be able to acheive that you are noit able to with your homemade pano head setup? It sounds quite efficient if you only need 5 shots.

As you said the NN3 is the longest established, but everyone suggests getting a rotator for them, where the other two it seems very much an option.
The panoMaxx seems similar to the NN3, For the click mechanisms I am not too worried as I am(will be) using a standard set up.

OK. If you won't want to change the number of clickstops that's fine.

I don't think you can disable the PanoMaxx click mechanism. One user reported that when it failed it locked up.

And finally concerning, and finally the Gobi is the newbie, but the light weight and compact side appealed to me.

Your feed back (and any one elses ;) ) is more than welcome.

Cheers

I think everything else being equal, and your having no need to change the no. of clicks on the yaw axis, then I'd be tempted by the Gobi too.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:18 pm

Gbzh wrote:Your feed back (and any one elses ;) ) is more than welcome.

Cheers

You'd probably get more feedback (from others) posting in English in the English 'side' of the fourm
Andrew Stephens

Gbzh

by Gbzh » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:44 pm

My appologies to the moderator!!
Being English living if France I flit between the two, must of missed a click! (also answer Mediavets unasked question!! hehe)

And to answer Mediavets (asked) questions, the main reason is to get neater stitches, especially when it comes to the nadir, the horizontal plain works out fine, the zenith is usually the sky, so no real problem there. But I find hand held nadis, unless on grass or gravel, don't always work out quite right, even more so when I do the inside shots over tiled floor or on patios for example.

My home made brakets, is a massive part of technological engineering (not!) as it comprises of a pushbike stabiliser with the wheel taken off and painted black !!!! (Posher when its black!!) then wing bolted the tripod headplate to one end, and the recuperated base screw is slotted into the wheel adjuster slot so that you can adjust the nadir (well kind of!)

So I think I will probably go for the Gobi (unless some one says otherwise), the main reason being (besides budget) that it is light and compact and I already have a fair amount of kit to take around to the houses, so hopefully will fit nicely in my camera bag. Another minor reason is because I think it looks nice, as opposed to all the others being matt black; and unfortunately part of the real estate business is to do with looking posh and smart!

Thanks for your input Mediavet.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:03 pm

Gbzh wrote:My appologies to the moderator!!
Being English living if France I flit between the two, must of missed a click! (also answer Mediavets unasked question!! hehe)

I think I had guessed that you were an expat Brit.

And to answer Mediavets (asked) questions, the main reason is to get neater stitches, especially when it comes to the nadir, the horizontal plain works out fine, the zenith is usually the sky, so no real problem there. But I find hand held nadis, unless on grass or gravel, don't always work out quite right, even more so when I do the inside shots over tiled floor or on patios for example.

Then you may wish to reconsider the NN 3 because that has an optional Nadir adapter than some like very much for taking (more) accurate nadir shots.

http://www.nodalninja.com/qr/accessories/nadir-adapter-for-nn3-nn4-and-nn5/19/

My home made brakets, is a massive part of technological engineering (not!) as it comprises of a pushbike stabiliser with the wheel taken off and painted black !!!! (Posher when its black!!) then wing bolted the tripod headplate to one end, and the recuperated base screw is slotted into the wheel adjuster slot so that you can adjust the nadir (well kind of!)

I really want to see a photo of that - sounds very Mad Max.

So I think I will probably go for the Gobi (unless some one says otherwise), the main reason being (besides budget) that it is light and compact and I already have a fair amount of kit to take around to the houses, so hopefully will fit nicely in my camera bag. Another minor reason is because I think it looks nice, as opposed to all the others being matt black; and unfortunately part of the real estate business is to do with looking posh and smart!

All good points, but check outr that NN nadir adapter before you jump ... is the Gobi that much smaller and ligher than an NN3?

Thanks for your input Mediavet.

You are welcome...I benefited from lots of help when I was starting out.
Last edited by mediavets on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

Gbzh

by Gbzh » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:33 pm

Good point Med, but the Gobi has a " unique solution is a simple groove that allows you to rotate the vertical arm to shoot the nadir. No other head offers such ease of use." built in, so once again beats the NN3 on cost. Which certainly looks a lot easier.

http://bushman-panoramic.com/panoramic-heads/gobi.php
PS for the Moderator : I think Kolor need to renegociate their price with Bushman!!
Last edited by Gbzh on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:43 pm

Gbzh wrote:Good point Med, but the Gobi has a " unique solution is a simple groove that allows you to rotate the vertical arm to shoot the nadir. No other head offers such ease of use." built in, so once again beats the NN3 on cost. Which certainly looks a lot easier.

Ooops - I missed that feature.

http://bushman-panoramic.com/panoramic-heads/gobi.php
PS for the Moderator : I think Kolor need to renegociate their price with Bushman!!

Err.. are they not offering it at the same price as Bushman?

Looking forward to your feedback on the Bushman Gobi.
Andrew Stephens

Gbzh

by Gbzh » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:56 am

USER wrote:Err.. are they not offering it at the same price as Bushman?

They are now....;)

Ordered Yesterday, awaiting delivery at the mo :rolleyes:, will let you know after a few tests.

Dan

Return to Matériel