Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:09 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Panotour Video?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:11 am 

I was wondering if we can expect to see software to create video tours in the near future?

Something like Panotour Pro, but with videos of course instead of static panoramas. Hotspots that can be placed in the videos themselves to allow branching into alternative videos... that kind of thing :)

Regards,

Gerald.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:09 pm 

gddxb wrote:
I was wondering if we can expect to see software to create video tours in the near future?

Something like Panotour Pro, but with videos of course instead of static panoramas. Hotspots that can be placed in the videos themselves to allow branching into alternative videos... that kind of thing :)

Regards,

Gerald.

it will be named panotour 2.0 ...
Georg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:37 pm 

Really? Panotour 2.0 will do this?

OMG! I gotta get myself to Iceland :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:10 pm 
Administrator

We didn't talked much about 360video support into PTP2. For the moment, it is not planned as no way to have a HTML5 solution on mobile / tablet space for playing back 360° video.
Nevertheless, we may add a limited support for 360video in PTP2 in the flash output only. No promise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:06 am 

Count me in for this Feature. If we go for this Solutions this would be an important Point.

Post subject: Re: Panotour Video?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:33 am 
Administrator

This is a huge topic, I agree with you. There are severals challenges behind this demand:
* 360° playback everywhere ( means 360° video playback on HTML5 so mobile can play the tour )
=> this is the key issue for the moment and we cannot really do anything against that instead of waiting for google / apple activating webgl on mobile browsers
* All features available on VR, made them on video too, for example Hotspot. Or a video moves, not a vr, so we need time dependent hotspots on the video, tracking solution, etc.
=> we are working on that already

The idea is of course to integrate that in PTP 2.x. Don't ask when, I don't know.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:09 am 

AlexandreJ wrote:
This is a huge topic, I agree with you. There are severals challenges behind this demand:
* 360° playback everywhere ( means 360° video playback on HTML5 so mobile can play the tour )
=> this is the key issue for the moment and we cannot really do anything against that instead of waiting for google / apple activating webgl on mobile browsers

Could you not (automatically) offer an alternative sort of video if you detected a mobile platform that was unable to play the 360 video?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:40 pm 

hi, i was wondering if i was the only one who needed a VR video 'tour'!
so, IS it possible to use PTP 2.2 to create a VR video tour, with videos created by AVP?
i would also like to embed an AVP video inside a regular pano and have it navigable as a VR video, in the same way you embed a video that plays inside a video…the LIvePano thing is not super necessary…

i'm doing my first spherical video recordings with the H3Pro7 rig, and i definitely want to 'link' them together somehow!
talking to the guy at 360Heroes, he said he has a template for $100 that can be modified to create a multi video 'tour'…but if i can skip that and use PTP 2.2, it would probably be WAY easier and cheaper!

thanks,

randy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:33 pm 
Administrator

The template from 360heros is a krpano template. You don't need that template to be able to do krpano, just go @ krpano website directly.

The issue with 360 video is not on the player only, but on the tools associated. You need several technologies:
- hotspots editor : It should allow you to place hotspots and track them on a 360 video ( technology done here )
- director's cut editor : an editor that allows you to author the 360 video and script it ( move there, zoom, change projection, etc ). This way, if you play a 360 video and don't interact with it, it will have a animation done ( technology quite finished here )
- It should work everywhere. Unfortunately, on mobile, 360 videos needs to be through app for the moment

Yes Randy, we'll have a 360 video edition software at some time as we are developing technologies to make it efficient and available for everyone.