Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:14 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:10 pm 

Please report bugs and feature request here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:50 am 

NO bug, but a suggestion for GUI:

Automatic refresh after saving a new preset file, so that new presets are listed in the menu.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:43 pm 

Thanks, Markus.
We are including in the list. We are including the presets/mosaics automatic refresh and recalculation after modifying parameters in the profile Camera/equipment/lens.
We will release the build#100 in two weeks. We are including many new features, improving the previous one, fixing bugs and including the important user suggestions.
We want to celebrate our rounded Build #100 with a wonderful release. Hope the time permit includes the German and French language on this #100.
Javier

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:02 pm 

Hi Javier,

i'm waiting for your mail with the table for translation :D
I'll translate it as fast as possible.

Markus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:52 am 

An observation: when the screen saver activates during a shoot with panoshoot, the images display remains at this point when the display is active again. the user should be able to choose whether the screen saver is supposed to be inactive during this period.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:28 pm 

Another suggestion: After shooting a pano the head should arrive at home / park position (0,0 or another saved position). Maybe with a extra button, so the user can decide about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:16 pm 

The next observation:

I shoot a mosaic.
The head is not moved to the home position and panoshoot is turned off.
Panoshoot is turned on again, the previous values ​​taken as 0.0. This means that the home position must be adjusted again until.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:22 pm 

Incorrect Display / mosaic - FOV. If you press the V button, the display will appear broken with the camera icon. Tested with Samsung S3.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:45 pm 

tested with an SII and it works. Could you take an screenshoot? (Just in case: press the Volumen Down and Power buttons at the same time and hold for a second.)
Is the default Android browser or other browser?
Could you try with Chrome browser?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 12:23 am 

with chrome ==> no problem.

with default browser i get this issue

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:11 am 

interesting,
I will report the bug to Google Android and find an alternative to avoid this behavior.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:41 am 

javqui wrote:
. . and find an alternative to avoid this behavior.

An iPad? ;):cool:

Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:24 pm 

My very personal opinion:
When the new iPad was announced, I was one of the first on the line. Even today, I use my first iPad and didn't need an android or blackberry Tablet. It's working as the first day (well a little better). I purchased several Apple products mainly for developing testing purposes, but not as personal favorites.

Probably I will jump to a Windows Tablet on next purchase.
Android has improved a lot since first release and is better today than iOS from developer perspective.
From a developer point of view, Apple is not going at the same speed as Blackberry, Microsoft or Android since they are using an old programming base from the Next platform, which is difficult to port to new challenges. The platform of the new blackberry is a technology marvel, again, from a internal software perspective. (I don't like blackberries, but the new blackberry 10 OS is notoriusly impressive)

The google browser runs better than the default Android browser (stock browser) in the same device.
Is a little confusing due Chrome is from Google, and android is also from Google, but they are not the same.
Google browser share the same root as Apple Safari browser (Webkit), so is even more confusing.

At the end, I will suggest use Chrome browser for Android and the stock browser for Apple mobile products. Looks like are the logical options. One thing is an individual developer perspective, a very different thing is an end user perspective like Klaus point it. Fortunately for all of us, we have many different options and we are not in a OS monopoly as previous times. The new TV advertising from Microsoft is very funny (I suggest watch it): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-U4Yr9UNBo

The good point is Panoshoot runs an all these mobile devices and OS.

Regarding the bug that you found on S3, I made a little research and looks like you found a interesting bug on stock browser, so if you want, I will include you in the Google report bug as the guy that found it.

Edited: grammar.

Last edited by javqui on Fri May 17, 2013 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 4:32 pm 

javqui wrote:
My very personal opinion:
When the new iPad was announced, I was one of the first on the line. Even today, I use my first iPad and didn't need an android or blackberry Tablet. It's working as the first day (well a little better). I purchased several Apple products mainly for developing testing purposes, but not as personal favorites.

Probably I will jump to a Windows Tablet on next purchase.
Android has improved a lot since first release and is better today than iOS from developer perspective.
From a developer point of view, Apple is not going at the same speed as Blackberry, Microsoft or Android since they are using an old programming base from the Next platform, which is difficult to port to new challenges. The platform of the new blackberry is a technology marvel, again, from a internal software perspective. (I don't like blackberries, but the new blackberry 10 OS is notoriusly impressive)

The google browser runs better than the default Android browser (stock browser) in the same device.
Is a little confusing due Chrome is from Google, and android is also from Google, but they are not the same.
Google browser share the same root as Apple Safari browser (Webkit), so is even more confusing.

At the end, I will suggest use Chrome browser for Android and the stock browser for Apple mobile products. Looks like are the logical options. One thing is an individual developer perspective, a very different thing is an end user perspective like Klaus point it. Fortunately for all of us, we have many different options and we are not in a OS monopoly as previous times. The new TV advertising from Microsoft is very funny (I suggest watch it): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-U4Yr9UNBo

The good point is Panoshoot runs an all these mobile devices and OS.

Regarding the bug that you found on S3, I made a little research and looks like you found a interesting bug on stock browser, so if you want, I will include you in the Google report bug as the guy that found it.

Edited: grammar.

the spot is funny :D
win8s tilemania not... save your Money for a new android or even an ipad 2 mini coming. win8 RT is limited, a closed Society, no Windows Standard programs possible to run, and the Windows "market" apps are far away from android repository and far far more away what you know from apple apps...
Georg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 5:21 pm 

Quote:
the spot is funny :D
win8s tilemania not... save your Money for a new android or even an ipad 2 mini coming. win8 RT is limited, a closed Society, no Windows Standard programs possible to run, and the Windows "market" apps are far away from android repository and far far more away what you know from apple apps...
Georg

I agree with Georg!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 8:42 pm 

javqui wrote:
The new TV advertising from Microsoft is very funny (I suggest watch it): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-U4Yr9UNBo

I think it´s made rather unelegant.

Reality looks this way: 99% of our clients running successful businesses use iPads.
The reason: not a single one ever had any issue in using it for doing work resp. presenting their content to their customers and integrating it flawlessly
into their environment. I guess it will take some time until Androids come so far . . .

That´s the experience i make almost every day - maybe it depends on the type of clients we have: museums, major architect bureaus, event-location managing, theaters,
movie-/video-/tv-productions, advertising agencies and so on. Not to forget shops of Armani, Prada, some japanese restaurants having an iPad on each table for ordering
the and so on.

As long as that´s the situation commercially/businesswise i only can laugh about this MS ad . . :cool:

best, Klaus

Last edited by klausesser on Fri May 17, 2013 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:19 pm 

The discussion which operating system is better, is antiquated and no longer appropriate. It interests a little which tool is like elegant or chic, it depends on the end result of. Porsche drivers are no more professional and better motorist because they can afford an overpriced car. A keyword search in google with "problems with ipad" yields about 770,000,000 results... :cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:46 pm 

Markus W. wrote:
The discussion which operating system is better, is antiquated and no longer appropriate. It interests a little which tool is like elegant or chic, it depends on the end result of. Porsche drivers are no more professional and better motorist because they can afford an overpriced car. A keyword search in google with "problems with ipad" yields about 770,000,000 results... :cool:

Markus - i don´t discuss operating systems. I just state facts. Discussing operation sytems indeed is useless - seems MS sees it the other way ;) - they´re all not so far away from each other. The question is how they´re used.

best, Klaus

Last edited by klausesser on Fri May 17, 2013 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 1:28 pm 

My very first iPad works well and I don't need replace it yet, although I'm slightly inclined for Android for my day to day development work.
Probably it has the highest charge cycles than any other gadget in the house (means we use it a lot).

We saw some demos for the new Windows Tablet generation at last CES and they are amazing, running Windows 8 with Photoshop (editing an image of several hundred Megapixels without any problem).
I'm not a heavy user of Adobe Photoshop, but I use solid Works for professional work (that's even heavier to run than Photoshop) and SolidWorks runs on these tablets smoothly (this tablets are like small station servers with huge amounts of ram and huge processing power).

For sure these tables will be able to run Autopano giga and other products from Kolor.

This huge capacity is far far away from iPad/ Android tablets (is a different market), and the amount of useful applications available for Windows is several orders of magnitude the apps from iPad,Android,Blackberry, all together.

That's why I said my next jump will be a Windows Tablet, when these models will be available in the short term.

Regard personal preference for Smartphone, the Galaxy S4 is at least one generation more advanced than any other smartphone brand or OS, from a heavy user/ developer perspective.
As Klaus point, at the end, the user choose the model with the best approximation about what is the definition of the perfect device for what it need.

I know several users that believe without any doubt that the old small Nokia (phone calls/text messaging/calendar) is the perfect device, and no one could refute that to them. (unfortunately Panoshoot doesn't run on these models. It could be a reason to suggest to buy a new smartphone)

Its about how the human brain works. (same for religion, politics, sports, ice cream flavor or camera brand). Sometimes with a pinch of passion.

Edited: grammar and autopano giga comment addition
Javier

Last edited by javqui on Sat May 18, 2013 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 3:00 pm 

javqui wrote:
Its about how the human brain works. (same for religion, politics, sports, ice cream flavor or camera brand). Sometimes with a pinch of passion.

#

Hi Javier!

Of course i understand very well what you mean. Indeed Androids are more flexible and have more power than iPads - at least actually ;). No question.

But to me as a producer the scenario is like that:

Tablets are NOT intended to run applications like Photoshop, APG or SolidWorks. Running such killer-apps on tablets ALWAYS will be just a compromise.
So: who needs ist? I definitely have no idea!

Tablets - no matter which brand - are devices for PRESENTING content and for doing rather simple things like controlling other applications wirelessly or tethered.

I´m very familiar with controlling DAWs (DigitalAudioWorstations) with iPads - where you can have faders or values or whatever on the screen for working and preparing work at home for the next day in the studio. That´s absolutely great.
I know it from controlling movie-editors, controlling camera-dollies, camera-cranes, light-sources on events, i myself use an iPad and an iPhone for controlling my guitar-gadgets via GuitarRig, simulated amps with iRig/AmpliTube and so on.

Another task is controlling panorama-heads and familiar devices like movie-camera heads, jibs and so on . . of course:cool:

Here you definitely don´t need hot quadcores and lots of RAM - but what you need is a kind of standardization. This kind of a "quasi-standard" is what iPads provide actually on a very wide basis in the professional range of producing!

As a former recording-engineer i´m still in close contact with many recording-studios and companies as well as i´m as a former cameraman still have to do with movie-/TV production (my parents had a movie-production and i grew up with all this stuff . . and they sent me to the US for studying all this from scratch)

What i see in these companies are iPads. Nothing else - at the moment. This might change somewhen - nothing lasts for ever - but actually that is what we deal with.

For other clients the purpose is to present their products on a tablet in their shops, warehouses or whatever. What i see here: iPads.
They have a proven infrastucture.

As a matter of fact i don´t care about Apple or not Apple - but i NEED to care about usability very much. I need to care about in WHICH way and in WHICH quality and HOW simple and flawless clients are able to present their content the way WE produced it for them.

That means relibility and visual quality are THE points which count - accompanied by a "valueable" and elegant design and an elegance in both handling and appearance.

And here - as said - 99% of our clients use iPads.

Again: i really don´t care about brands. I don´t give a dime whether it´s an Apple or whatever. But i definitely give a lot of dimes for having things run without the client´s need to learn how to install applications and updates or so . . . they wouldn´t be able to do it and it´s definitely NOT their business . . that´s for sure.

Most of our clients still use the first and the second iPad generation - and live great with them.

Clients are NO programmers, they are NOT in any way affine to computer-gadgets and they´re definitely NOT willing to deal with things which
they´re not interested in just to being able to present what we produce for them.
What they need is 1) to get very well made content and 2) to be able just to switch on a device and have this content run elegantly and flawlessly.

They don´t give a single thought about whether a device costs 400 or 800.- or 1000.-$ - it just NEEDS to WORK without ANY issues!

THAT`S what it´s about for content-producers on a high level - like us :cool: I also give a **** about fancy trallala-features . . my point of view is: "less is more".

Just my two cents.

best, Klaus

Last edited by klausesser on Sat May 18, 2013 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 12:52 pm 

Another difference between android standard browser and chrome:

Standard Browser:

In chrome it will not be made ​​available.

Tested with Samsung S3 and Android 4.12

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:26 pm 

Markus,
Very interesting. I never notice this important detail before.
I have my Android smartphone test unit loaded with 5 browsers (Android stock,Chrome, Firefox,Maxthon,Opera) and a few more that are not popular. each one render different with pros and cons. Overall, Chrome for android should be the right answer to navigate internet and Panoshoot, but others had interesting things.

Javier

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:54 pm 

Javier,

i agree - chrome is my first choise for panoshoot - but with decimal input ;)

This afternoon i'll test it with my lenovo tablet.

Markus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:54 pm 

javqui wrote:
. . each one render different with pros and cons.

;):cool:

Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:59 pm 

The issue with the stock browser on S3 and the decimal input could be something related with the German translation.
Regarding how each browser render a page, is like the big issues with the iPhone/ipad and maps. The google maps option render different than the stock maps from apple (that is incomplete and didn't provide the full service and updates of Google Maps/google Earth).
A similar thing happen with Google/Yahoo/Bing and other search engines.
The good news is that you have options and you are not forced to use a particular one (a single rendering style or results from a company mono vision).

Javier