panoshoot results and tips  

Support on the Panoshoot device
no avatar
tws7

panoshoot results and tips

by tws7 » Fri May 10, 2013 6:46 am

After a lot of "wailing and nashing of teeth" :/I've got my panoshoot working. Ive found that for 360X180 panoramas it works best when you preprogram your lens and mosaic sessions than shoot what I call a dry run( run the session with the camera off, you can do this in your living room) Then download and lable the XML file with the lens setting ie "mosaic 380X180 20mm". Now shoot the panorama using the saved setting then use the saved xml for that lens setting for stiching stiching. Another thing Ive found when you write a lens or panorama setting, after you save the file you need to refresh the web browser or the file will not show up. I would like to avoid shooting the tripod (plays hell with auto focus) can't get the len limits to work and I've yet to try to write a preset file. Anybody have some other tips ?:)

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Fri May 10, 2013 9:24 am

tws7 wrote:After a lot of "wailing and nashing of teeth" :/I've got my panoshoot working. Ive found that for 360X180 panoramas it works best when you preprogram your lens and mosaic sessions than shoot what I call a dry run( run the session with the camera off, you can do this in your living room) Then download and lable the XML file with the lens setting ie "mosaic 380X180 20mm". Now shoot the panorama using the saved setting then use the saved xml for that lens setting for stiching stiching.

You've lost me there. I don't understand what you are doing.

Another thing Ive found when you write a lens or panorama setting, after you save the file you need to refresh the web browser or the file will not show up. I would like to avoid shooting the tripod (plays hell with auto focus) can't get the len limits to work and I've yet to try to write a preset file.

Autofocus?

You should not be using autofocus when shooting panoramas.

Anybody have some other tips ?:)

Did you ever try using Papywizard or PandroidWiz?

Might cut down on the wailing and preserve those teeth. ;)
Last edited by mediavets on Fri May 10, 2013 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
panoramicessentials.com

by panoramicessentials.com » Fri May 10, 2013 8:16 pm

tws7 wrote:After a lot of "wailing and nashing of teeth" :/I've got my panoshoot working. Ive found that for 360X180 panoramas it works best when you preprogram your lens and mosaic sessions than shoot what I call a dry run( run the session with the camera off, you can do this in your living room) Then download and lable the XML file with the lens setting ie "mosaic 380X180 20mm". Now shoot the panorama using the saved setting then use the saved xml for that lens setting for stiching stiching. Another thing Ive found when you write a lens or panorama setting, after you save the file you need to refresh the web browser or the file will not show up. I would like to avoid shooting the tripod (plays hell with auto focus) can't get the len limits to work and I've yet to try to write a preset file. Anybody have some other tips ?:)

You should not be using autofocus.

no avatar
tws7

by tws7 » Mon May 13, 2013 5:01 pm

With my eye sight I need all the help I can get also I'm using a 18-55mm zoom len that came with camera (not the best len but its all I got) which I cant be cranked to Infinity and stand back. Also I get my best results at the 24mm setting but my depth of field exceeds the hight of my tripod so I would have to stop and refocus at each Pitch also my may camera shutter wount trip in auto if the shot is out of focus. So I maually focus when the tripod or the sky is in view and use auto in between. The focus on this lens the when cranked all the way out to The stop goes past infinity and becomes Unfocus again (I did't find this out till I looked at the photos later on the computer). This is what works for me with the equipment and my less then 20/20 eye sight. Check out my lates work and zoom all the way out. http://www.360cities.net/image/battrey-truman-equi-usa#0.00,0.00,70.0
Last edited by tws7 on Mon May 13, 2013 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
javqui

by javqui » Mon May 13, 2013 5:14 pm

I like your panos.

no avatar
tws7

by tws7 » Mon May 13, 2013 5:42 pm

Thank you. Now get all your frends to buy copies from 360Cities so I can afford a new lens.....Just kidding:D
Last edited by tws7 on Mon May 13, 2013 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to Panoshoot