Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:43 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:24 am 

Thank you Klauss and Destiny. Finally I heard what I wanted :)
I understand now it can be made in almost all serious software. People who are able to create the whole 3D model in any of those software will be easy to make a virtual VR camera and create panos. That means it can be probably done by investors request for no additinal costs or just a small extra cost. That's perfect!
Now I know that when I completly finish my classified site, I can search for 3D modellers who use one of those software (and not something like google scretch up) and talk to him about a cooperation.

Destiny, no problem for the compass ;) I can make all my tours and later just add it. Make that when you find some free time. I am happy to hear you didn't forgeth about me.

BTW, you told me that you know many good modellers that can create unique models fairly cheap. Can you give me an estimation aproximatly, just to understand prices in the world. Than I will able to compare with offers I will find.
So, I can find the investor who want the 3D and he can give me CAD drawings made by his architect. The investor need only to choose a style from some samples. Than all other is choise of the modeller. So he can make the interior how he like, in the style the investor choose. The most important is to show the space, how will looks like once it will be arranged and furnished. The buyer can later do that as he want. The 3D is good also for the investor to help him to undertand the space and help him to make the interior.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:28 am 

Yes.. I think you will find most of what you are looking for here.. http://www.daz3d.com/environments-props/furniture

There are different 3D formats... You can also download free 3D software too..

My own 3D modelling skills are limited but I have learnt heaps over the years.. The ToonBoy I made using a DVD Tutorial.. The BullDog Clip was my first ever 3D model, which I made in Rhino..

http://members.westnet.com.au/dps/3DModel/BULLDOGCLIP-DESTINY.pdf

http://members.westnet.com.au/dps/3DModel/ToonBoy-DESTINY.pdf

I have been investigating the use of 3D in a virtual Tour for a few years... My idea was to click on an object within the tour and interactive with it.. I have had huge success, but one one was interested in it.. well, not so far..

My dream is to create a Virtual Tour Shop with 3D products.. I can do it all now but.. Its a matter of putting it all together, and finding the right shop to test it all with....

Destiny...

Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:47 am 

Nice models. I belive it is really hard to learn it. You must like it and be an artist. I found one guy working with C4D + VRay. It is my ex neighbour :)
Now when Geoff told me it is easy to create sphere panos with that software, I can talk to him to find a way of cooperation. He also won some awards as I remember well.
Look few of his models:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:05 am 

The scene you posted in #23 is in my opinion basically rubbish.. However these 3 scenes are very nice.. The lighting is perfect.. I would never be able to do this with my iMac. I have Max and Maya 2013.... but I cannot use it... :(

Another option with 3D scenes are walk throughs... Something you cannot really do with the current Virtual Tours.. Unless you make heaps of them in the same space.. Like traveling from one Tour to the next a meter from each other.. Set it to auto-goto to the next scene will give the appearance of a Virtual Walk Through.. Doable but lots of work.. You could use hotspots to bounce from one scene to the next within the walk-through which is a common thing but I am referring to Tours just meters away from each other..

Destiny..

Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:08 pm 

Destiny wrote:
The scene you posted in #23 is in my opinion basically rubbish.. However these 3 scenes are very nice.. The lighting is perfect.. I would never be able to do this with my iMac. I have Max and Maya 2013.... but I cannot use it... :(

Another option with 3D scenes are walk throughs... Something you cannot really do with the current Virtual Tours.. Unless you make heaps of them in the same space.. Like traveling from one Tour to the next a meter from each other.. Set it to auto-goto to the next scene will give the appearance of a Virtual Walk Through.. Doable but lots of work.. You could use hotspots to bounce from one scene to the next within the walk-through which is a common thing but I am referring to Tours just meters away from each other..

Destiny..

Destiny, i will just leave this link here :)

http://krpano.com/panos/multiframe/toyota/

Not mine but pretty easy to do, just need to shoot lots of panoramas.

Regards,

Jesse

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:22 pm 

Maybe will possible easyer with PTP 2.0 as it will have autoguide function as I heard arround. Maybe you know more about? I think it will be possible to do things like this: http://pulainfo.hr/pano/deploy/index.html
That's where I live :)
Sincerly, talking about photographic quality, it is not very good. Pure details and textures, to many burned areas...I would do better. But it's nice as a autoguided tour. Don't you think?
There are other software for walk through tours... Like this: http://www.easypano.com/panowalker-gallery.html
This samples of easy pano are rubbish and I don't know what that software can really do in good hands. Probably it need much more development. I didn't try it.
I must tell you that this guy who created the 3 images in last post don't have really some turbo super PC but probably just a lot of patience :)
You need to have a great imagination and fantasy + artist soul to create nice 3D models. I don't have that :(

Last edited by osmica on Mon May 06, 2013 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:54 pm 

Yes Jesse, thanks for this.. I have seen this tour before, last year.. I am sure it was done how I suggested... Lots of Tours, like a sting of bubbles joined together... ;)

Destiny...

Passoja Design wrote:
Destiny wrote:

Destiny..

Destiny, i will just leave this link here :)

http://krpano.com/panos/multiframe/toyota/

Not mine but pretty easy to do, just need to shoot lots of panoramas.

Regards,

Jesse

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:05 pm 

PTP 1.8 can do this now to a great extent.. but it will require hand coding.. If I were to do this, I would restrict the zoom value so the images loaded quickly... Following a path in a Tour or even goto points of interest is one of my Future Request.. I am not sure if it will be in PTP V2... I feel its an important feature... also varying speeds, like quickly goto and quickly spin to features.... I am sure it will, if enough request for it are recieved...

Destiny..

Post subject: Re: 3d virtual tour
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:49 pm 

Hi there !

Has this been created with 3DS max ? http://www.morzine-nants.com/vv-chalet-B/index.html