Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:43 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Microsoft Surface
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:42 pm 

Hi...

I would really like to play with the new Microsoft Surface..

I wonder how a kolor pano will work on it.. very interesting....

http://www.microsoft.com/Surface/en-AU/ … _Null_Null

Destiny..

Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:48 pm 

Destiny wrote:
Hi...

Destiny..

Microsoft gave (gift download for free ;-) ) me one week ago a Microsoft ebook about the new windows8:
IE10 will come in 2 seperate versions ;-) yes and so it will have 2 seperate sets of functionality.
one version sticks on the new "Tiled" Desktop with limited Flash capacity and other reduced functionality. This is to guarantee the smooth working and User experience on less harware equiped devices like touchscreen enabled but all other performance discarded tablets/surfaces or whichever manufacturer.
if you access a webpage with this IE10 that does not fullfilll these standards than the "tiled" desktop will close automatically and the "full version" IE10 on the "old Desptop" known since decades will open the page. on this version of IE10 their will be no Flash Plugin needed nore will be available ever because Microsoft and Adobe did cooperate and the source code of flash got directly integrated into the IE10 sourcecode. so in consequence maybe some performance gain but with sure less security because of far longer security patch delivery from Microsoft...

so panotour...
... it will be interesting to evaluate how gigapixels in flash and in html5 version will perform on the tile desktop and on classic desktop...
... how panotour can handle the switch from UI from touch screen to DEsktop version... etc.

PS: Microsoft 8 Pro Updates 2 weeks ago offered to me for 59,-€ and yesterday for 29,-€... (with the sword of Damocles in the back that with 1.1.2013 this will cost >180€). I think this tells a lot.

PPS: the free ebook download offer (German language) ends today 1.11.2012 - so whoever may be interested - lol - heres the link:
http://windows8gratis.microsoft-press.de/

AH EDIT:
forgot to mention that the IE10 for Win7 will come with delay after the Win8 release and it will have (according to rumors) not the same sourcecode inside ;-)
one more:
each program you wanna install have to come in 2 versions, one for the tile and one for the classic desktop. So a normal pre win8 application cant be installed as "app" to be placed on the tile desktop

Georg

Last edited by gkaefer on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:53 pm 

Destiny wrote:
Hi...

Destiny..

For a comparable price you can get an iPad or an iPad Mini (which is a very, very clever device!). Believe me: you would love it :cool:
We have all our actual panos and tours running on iPads. I guess more features will come by the time html5/Javascript develops further.

Before you make a decision: compare them in real life!

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:14 am 

Destiny wrote:
Hi...

Destiny..

Destiny, panoramas do work on Windows and windows phone 8 :) Kolor just haven't updated Krpano since 1.8.14. I use only Krpanos own droplets now and they have full support for Windows 8. I have Nokia Lumia 920 myself and i use it to show my work for customers.

Regards

Jesse Passoja

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:35 am 

Thank you Jesse....

I moved on from the Window Surface after testing a friends one out.. Oh yuck, I really hate the interface... We checked out many Tablets and Note units over these past few months, and even though I love using my Mac, I do not like iPads..

Now for my Ranting on.. :lol: I guess its mostly to do with ethics more than the unit or Apple technology itself.. I notice on the Aus News tonight that Apple shares are taking a drive from their former high's. I feel Apple would be far to arrogant to suggest its anything to do with the way they do business.. But I guess users of this kind of technology can voice their concerns by buying Android units. Same with us.. We have the Samsung Note 10.1 with WiFi and 3G on back order.. We feel we chose the right technology for our needs..

I am sure Kolor will facilitate the needs of Android users as more and more PTP users are using Android technologies, so the need become greater.....

Rant over.. ;)

Destiny...

Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:31 am 

Passoja Design wrote:
Destiny, panoramas do work on Windows and windows phone 8 :) Kolor just haven't updated Krpano since 1.8.14. I use only Krpanos own droplets now and they have full support for Windows 8. I have Nokia Lumia 920 myself and i use it to show my work for customers.

Regards

Jesse Passoja

Is this displaying the tours in Flash or as HTML5?

Do you have some URLs I can view?

Merlin/Orion robotic pano head + Papywizard on Nokia 770/N800/N810 and Windows 8/XP/2K.

Last edited by mediavets on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:02 am 

mediavets wrote:
Passoja Design wrote:

Regards

Jesse Passoja

It's using html5. This one is working perfect: http://www.passojadesign.com/wp-content/uploads/panoramas/pellavakuja/kierros.html

Regards,

Jesse

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:06 am 

I can't wait to get my Samsung Note to view it on.. ;)

Destiny...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:22 am 

Passoja Design wrote:
mediavets wrote:
Passoja Design wrote:

Regards

Jesse Passoja

It's using html5. This one is working perfect: http://www.passojadesign.com/wp-content/uploads/panoramas/pellavakuja/kierros.html

Regards,

Jesse

The Fullscreen button appear to have no effect when viewing using Firefox or Chrome on a Nexus 7 Android 4.2.2 tablet. Is that to be expected?

Merlin/Orion robotic pano head + Papywizard on Nokia 770/N800/N810 and Windows 8/XP/2K.

Last edited by mediavets on Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:26 am 

mediavets wrote:
Passoja Design wrote:
mediavets wrote:

Regards,

Jesse

The Fullscreen button appear to have no effect when viewing using Firefox or Chrome on a Nexus 7 Android 4.2.2 tablet. Is that to be expected?

Yeah, just forgot to show it only in flash.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:04 pm 

Hi Destiny,

I recently got a Sony Duo 11, hybrid Tablet/laptop, this one here is an i7 with 8GB of ram and 256 GB SSD, Full HD screen. Though I have to admit its taking a little while to get used to Windows 8. We also have an iPad, which is a great little media player, web browser..less so, its so limited in what it really can do in terms of compute.

I wanted something that was easier to work on when sitting on the plane and travelling, some that had enough power to do work on it (Never enough Power!!!) I happily run my Office apps and all my Adobe Apps. It will put together a 2-300 image pano together while on the road. Also it comes with an extra battery. I have been able to sit for almost 8-10 hours working on it, without power connected.

There is a review of it on Luminous Landscape, by another photographer

All the best,

Henrik

in transit from Perth to Sydney to Townsville, took the red eye! Ohh Why Ohh Why... I feel stuffed :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:31 am 

Hi.. I must admit, I never even looked at the Sony Duo 11, hybrid Tablet/laptop http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&gs_rn=11&gs_ri=psy-ab&cp=33&gs_id=2&xhr=t&q=Sony+Duo+11,+hybrid+Tablet/laptop&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.45921128,d.dGI&biw=1464&bih=860&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=lzGCUbrdGuaNiAfZ0IGQAQ

I am still waiting for my Samsung Note.. I just hope I made the right decision.. One main reason was for using on school interactive white boards as a pen.. Very useful.. We are wondering why it is taking so long to arrive...

Destiny...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:59 am 

Destiny wrote:
Hi...

Destiny..

The link is not working for me.. Either it is due to internet connection error or problem may be in your link..
I want to see this new Microsoft Surface, but couldn't..