What a pice of junk  

Support on the Panoshoot device
no avatar
tws7
Member
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:42 pm

What a pice of junk

by tws7 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:56 pm

:(Mine came in today I hooked it up and wount fire the shutter,wount work on ipad, stop working on Iphone,cant get to go on the internet, noway to up date the firm ware, only one XML per session?. Im going to return it for a refund if I can. I should have bough a tough book lap top and stayed with papwiz which works great.:(

no avatar
panoramicessentials.com
Member
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:01 am
Location: Columbia, MO

by panoramicessentials.com » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:12 pm

tws7 wrote::(Mine came in today I hooked it up and wount fire the shutter,wount work on ipad, stop working on Iphone,cant get to go on the internet, noway to up date the firm ware, only one XML per session?. Im going to return it for a refund if I can. I should have bough a tough book lap top and stayed with papwiz which works great.:(

TWS,

I apologize for the issues you are experiencing. To upgrade the module for the first 2 updates you must do it manually and on a PC as this procedure does not work on some tablets and smartphones. Once you connect to the Panoshoot module over Wi-Fi directly you go to http://192.168.245.1/update.html. From here simply select the update file you need, which can be downloaded from here http://www.panoshoot.com/index.php/download. Please go to the information tab on the Panoshoot user interface to obtain your current firmware build #. There is also a video tutorial on http://www.panoshoot.com/index.php/tutorials/9-tutorials/21-how-to-manually-upgrade-your-panoshoot-firmware.

I need more information to understand what you mean by being unable to go on the internet.

Panoshoot only provides one XML per session.

Adam
Last edited by panoramicessentials.com on Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
klausesser
Member
 
Posts: 7882
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany

by klausesser » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:39 pm

panoramicessentials.com wrote:Panoshoot only provides one XML per session.

Does that mean you need to carry around a laptop for downloading each xml file after EACH
pano-shoot SEPERATELY - before being able to shoot the next one?

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
panoramicessentials.com
Member
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:01 am
Location: Columbia, MO

by panoramicessentials.com » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:09 pm

klausesser wrote:
panoramicessentials.com wrote:Panoshoot only provides one XML per session.

Does that mean you need to carry around a laptop for downloading each xml file after EACH
pano-shoot SEPERATELY - before being able to shoot the next one?

best, Klaus

Definitely Not. Currently with iPhones/iPad file download is not allowed unless you have a download manager application as Javier points out here: http://www.kolor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=17299&p=4. When I say per session I refer to each mosaic session. Every time you shoot a panknow you will have an XML file generated. Originally we had it setup so that you were not allowed to run a mosaic unless you download the XML file generated for the previous mosaic. However that didn't bode well with some people and we disabled that feature. In the latest update, Firmware #96, this feature is reintroduced and can be enabled in the configuration settings.

no avatar
klausesser
Member
 
Posts: 7882
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany

by klausesser » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:26 pm

panoramicessentials.com wrote:Originally we had it setup so that you were not allowed to run a mosaic unless you download the XML file generated for the previous mosaic.

That´s how i understand the writing.

panoramicessentials.com wrote:However that didn't bode well with some people . . .

Surprise, surprise . . is it . . :D;)

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
javqui
Member
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:14 am
Location: Florida, USA

by javqui » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:43 pm

Dear Klaus,
We will release a major update on May 1st. with several new features and many improvements.
For iPhone/iPad owners, there are limitations on what the mobile iOS can do. This limitation doesn't apply for browsers on macs, windows pcs, linux, android, ubuntu and all other OS running modern browsers.
We are testing the solution at this moment. The solution will have a limitation of 5.0MB (set by the mobile iOS), but we think that is enough for several temporary XML reports on most cases. (around 8000 shoots per megabyte, so you could store about 200 XML session files of 80 pictures each in a little more than 2MB space).

If you need more, I suggest install an app in your iPhone/iPad to bypass the safari restriction.

Please check the forum for the important announcement about the new panoshoot update the following days..
Last edited by javqui on Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
klausesser
Member
 
Posts: 7882
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany

by klausesser » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:15 pm

javqui wrote:We are testing the solution at this moment. The solution will have a limitation of 5.0MB (set by the mobile iOS), but we think that is enough for several temporary XML reports on most cases. (around 8000 shoots per megabyte, so you could store about 200 XML session files of 80 pictures each in a little more than 2MB space).

Hi Javqui!

Thank you for the informations! That was a bit misunderstandable.

Basically i think your solution is really great. To use a browser-based GUI i welcome very much! Frees everything from limitations.

best and good luck, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
javqui
Member
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:14 am
Location: Florida, USA

by javqui » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:28 pm

Dear Klaus,
Your words are really valuable, thank you very much from my side and in the name of every single people involved on this huge project. There are many things coming in the following months related with this development.
Your words justify weeks of hard work, missing lunches, dinners, skipped showers, shaves, temporary disconnections from family and friends, you named.

We will continue working hard to provide a better experience and innovative tools for professional photographers and enthusiast.

no avatar
tws7
Member
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:42 pm

by tws7 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:24 pm

me again I got the thing to working. the big limiting problem is the only one xml.Here is my Idea.Ad a option where the session is displayed as text on the screen. then its a Simple matter to cut and paste the text into a email then latter use note pad to create a xml file that way?

no avatar
klausesser
Member
 
Posts: 7882
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany

by klausesser » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:55 pm

tws7 wrote:me again I got the thing to working. the big limiting problem is the only one xml.

I guess ther´s some misunderstanding - as i learned from javqui´s answer there´s more than only one xml storable.
Maybe a better and more precise description of the procedere would help!?

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
javqui
Member
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:14 am
Location: Florida, USA

by javqui » Wed May 01, 2013 2:54 pm

Dear Klaus
Regarding the XML download restriction on iOS devices, we test several solutions.
At the end, we choose the most obvious and easiest for end user. This option require more work from our side, that we are doing happily to provide the best user experience.
We are compressing and saving the XML inside Panoshoot. With this solution we will be able to:
1- Have the full option to use Panoshoot WITHOUT any external device (means no app, smartphone, tablet or PC required). Just click the joystick button and you will have your pre-defined session running with your XML report safely stored for further download. This option is very useful if your smartphone or tablet has low battery in the middle of a job.
2- Bypass the Safari iOS limitation to download files. Use your iPhone/iPad to handle your panogear. After finish the job, download all the files in your iMac or computer where the XML file will be used.
3- Store multiple XML files and download all of them as a multisession XML file (currently not supported by APP importer, but we are ready for the future). It will provide a convenience way to organize in a single XML file a multisession job, like shooting several panos in a multi room house.

This solution involves a little more work and we want to fully test it in different platforms before release our last update.
We clear the pending bug list reported from users (particularly presets) and introduce new features that we consider will be very useful for photographers.
We will delay the update release by this Friday. We wish to exceed the Panoshoot owner expectations.

“Panoshoot is moving up your Panogear robotic head to a new level of capacity, features, precision and speed, where even some high tag price heads can’t reach. “
Notes:
- The default download option is individual XML file. You will need to turn on the Multisession XML file feature in order to get your single XML file job.
- Panoshoot can store up to 80 XML log files or about 10.000 picture shoot records. Max. Capacity is based in average user data stored in Panoshoot (It could be lower or even higher).

no avatar
klausesser
Member
 
Posts: 7882
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany

by klausesser » Wed May 01, 2013 3:31 pm

javqui wrote:Dear Klaus
Regarding the XML download restriction on iOS devices, we test several solutions.
At the end, we choose the most obvious and easiest for end user. This option require more work from our side, that we are doing happily to provide the best user experience.
We are compressing and saving the XML inside Panoshoot. With this solution we will be able to:
1- Have the full option to use Panoshoot WITHOUT any external device (means no app, smartphone, tablet or PC required). Just click the joystick button and you will have your pre-defined session running with your XML report safely stored for further download. This option is very useful if your smartphone or tablet has low battery in the middle of a job.
2- Bypass the Safari iOS limitation to download files. Use your iPhone/iPad to handle your panogear. After finish the job, download all the files in your iMac or computer where the XML file will be used.
3- Store multiple XML files and download all of them as a multisession XML file (currently not supported by APP importer, but we are ready for the future). It will provide a convenience way to organize in a single XML file a multisession job, like shooting several panos in a multi room house.

This solution involves a little more work and we want to fully test it in different platforms before release our last update.
We clear the pending bug list reported from users (particularly presets) and introduce new features that we consider will be very useful for photographers.
We will delay the update release by this Friday. We wish to exceed the Panoshoot owner expectations.

“Panoshoot is moving up your Panogear robotic head to a new level of capacity, features, precision and speed, where even some high tag price heads can’t reach. “
Notes:
- The default download option is individual XML file. You will need to turn on the Multisession XML file feature in order to get your single XML file job.
- Panoshoot can store up to 80 XML log files or about 10.000 picture shoot records. Max. Capacity is based in average user data stored in Panoshoot (It could be lower or even higher).

Hey javqui! (is that your name? :cool:)

I´m not quite sure to having really understand.

As you might know i assisted Josef Graessle in developing the Panoneed head and the TC-handheld controller over a long time - step by step orienting on real use.

We decided to completely abandon the principle of generating user-defined presets as xml files before shooting.

The TC generates it´s pattern each time you shoot. Of course shooting a sphere it´s the same pattern all the time - relating on the lens and the sensor you use.
Changing the lens means the TC changes the pattern to match the lens you use then.

What i meant saying XML: the controller writes an xml file each time you shoot.

So EACH session of pictures have it´s OWN xml-file. Shooting spheres it´s simple: you can simulate shooting a sphere by having the head run it. That xml file you can use for all spheres according to the lens- and the sensor-values you used for simulating.

So i was speaking of the individual output-xml when shooting mosaics. Let´s say: you´re in the field and shoot 20 different mosaics. At home you want to stitch them using the XML for positioning.
Clearly you need an individual matching XML for each mosaic. And the controller must be able to store all the XML files. The TC handheld stores some hundreds up to some thousands of them - depending on the number of shots in each session.

How many individual XML-files can be stored in your device for using them at home for supporting each individual stitch by positioning the images?
Are they stored in the controlling device - the smartphone - or in the device which is physically conected to the head?

Being able to store all the shootings i´m doing on a job as xml for processing the sessions at home is essential. I usually use 35mm and sometimes 50mm and 85mm for indoor panos - here you always have shots showing nothing but white walls or ceilings - or when shooting in the open many shots showing nothing but clear blue sky, or (even worse) fast moving clouds . . . . impossible for a stitcher to set correct-matching control points. Without precise XML-positioning you´re definitely lost.
As an example - two scenes 85mm, the other scenes 35mm:
http://360impressions.de/KBogen413/

best, Klaus
Last edited by klausesser on Wed May 01, 2013 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
tws7
Member
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:42 pm

by tws7 » Fri May 03, 2013 10:30 pm

Way to go The big 1 May update rendered my head inop. If we are going to be your Bata testers how about a discount. Also the html 5 Idea may work well on a laptop but you should think about app for mobile devices.

no avatar
Artisan New
Member
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:23 am

by Artisan New » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:46 pm

I like the way your working ((c) Blackstreet) Javier, personally I decided to go the Arduino route....and I've solved the .xml problem by storing the essential parameters in EEPROM, all in all a whopping Kb (no Klaus and Hans I mean Kb, not Mb or even Gb :)), so I created a record stucture in which I can store essential data of 40 .xml and some code in Arduino to excreet the .XML (Papywizard compliant) into the Arduino monitor using the Flash ram of 32 Kb (no need to repeat Klaus and Hans :)). Care to share what hardware platform you are using for the dongle. Just to see if my guess (an ARM running a Linux clone) was right.

No need to worry though, I don't control a Panogear with it, my head has 2 Anaheim Automation steppers, which will be controled directly.

Greats, Ed.
Last edited by Artisan New on Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Olympus OM-D with HLD-6, Fuji GX680, Samyang 7.5, Olympus 9-18, Sigma 19, Panasonic 14-45, Nikon 50 1.4 on Novoflex with tripod mount, Nikon 80-200, Panasonic 45-200, Fujinon 135, Fujinon 80, Fujinon 65, Fujinon 50, Gitzo Gilux Reporter 2, Sirui Ballhead and Panosaurus 2.0 NNP adapter, Motorized Panohead of Canadian (ironware)/Dutch (electronics and software) construction.


Return to Panoshoot

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests