Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:31 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:47 pm 
Administrator

Hi,

You know that Kolor is working together with Pierre E. Gougelet, the author of XNview suite.
See this blog post to learn about it : http://www.kolor.com/blog-en/2013/01/25/do-you-know-xnview-the-best-free-image-viewer-according-to-clubic/

Pierre is doing great work on tablets with several tools already available. He's having some questions about tablet use in photography fields.
Here there are :

* Do you use a tablet (iPad or Android) to tag/sort/show exif their images files ?
* Which software do you use ?
* Which features are needed ?
You can answer to him directly contact at xnview.com

I'm sure he is preparing some great tool that we could all use to simplify our numerical life.
So take some time to answer these questions either here or through email.

Take care,

Alexandre

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:49 am 

Hi Alexandre,
hmmm, EiPà¤tt and Android are not my favourite working platform. Only Andoid i learned to like the last few weeks. So i better teller you what i think is a urgently missing features of Lightroom i use on my laptop:

- support for big picture files, .pdb and .kro
- immediate picture import when connecting to a camera. Recognition which pictures are already imported, so only new ones should be loaded. Must work with one, two, many different cameras. Automatic subfolder generation (user defined format), such as .../yyyy_mm_dd/yyyy_mm_dd_xxxx.cr2. The xxxx should be continuos over different cameras.

I myself would prefer a android phone sized platform, ´cause i´ve got a brand new one i bought as portable machine controll device, and it would be great to avoid the need of multiple portable devices. "multiple portable devices" is the contrary of portable device, and keeping your equipment portable is basic when making fotos. Or Panos.

greetings from germany

Last edited by Christian Stüben on Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:39 am 

Christian Stüben wrote:
- support for big picture files, .pdb and .kro
- immediate picture import when connecting to a camera. Recognition which pictures are already imported, so only new ones should be loaded. Must work with one, two, many different cameras. Automatic subfolder generation (user defined format), such as .../yyyy_mm_dd/yyyy_mm_dd_xxxx.cr2. The xxxx should be continuos over different cameras.

Hey Chris!

Did you see that one?
http://www.phaseone.com/Camera-Systems/IQ2-Series/IQ2-In-action.aspx?sc_lang=de-de&openpopup=yes&url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqnS9MpOlr8&list=HL1363773793&utm_source=Apsis&utm_medium=hw_eblast&utm_campaign=w13_hardware

or this:
http://www.camranger.com/

best, Klaus

Last edited by klausesser on Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:43 am 

klausesser wrote:

Yes, i have seen it. I really would be proud to own one. But i see my wallet too. It is made out of onion skin :rolleyes:.

greetings to Düsseldorf
Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 5:01 pm 

There is also this software working on an android Tablet or phone: http://www.heliconsoft.com/heliconremote.html

You need a tablet/phone with host usb capability and a usb host cable. I tested it with my Nikon D5100 and ASUS Nexus 7 tablet. Works fine and allows to have liveview on your tablet display...