List of Android devices (mobile phones and tablets)  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
burake

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

List of Android devices (mobile phones and tablets)

by burake » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:33 am

Dear forum members,
I want to know on which android devices the PTP 1.8 created tours will run without problems...Do you know of such a list? Here on the krpano website is some information about it but it is about the 1.0.8.15 player and the current version of PTP uses the 1.0.8.14:
http://krpano.com/docu/html5/#supportedfunctionality
It is important to know this if one is creating tours professionally...If there is no such "list" somewhere maybe this topic can be a place where we can share our knowledge and experiences...
Best regards
Burak

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:30 pm

burake wrote:It is important to know this if one is creating tours professionally...

In that case it´s definitely clever to rely on iPads. ALL of our clients using a tablet use iPads in their shops, bureaus,
studios, warehouses, medical practise, or other facilities.

Android is a too less homogeneous platform to use it commercially/professionally. Clients need things
working - they´re not interested in which brand of tablets they use.

iPads simply work.

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:18 pm

burake wrote:Dear forum members,
I want to know on which android devices the PTP 1.8 created tours will run without problems...Do you know of such a list? Here on the krpano website is some information about it but it is about the 1.0.8.15 player and the current version of PTP uses the 1.0.8.14:
http://krpano.com/docu/html5/#supportedfunctionality
It is important to know this if one is creating tours professionally...If there is no such "list" somewhere maybe this topic can be a place where we can share our knowledge and experiences...
Best regards
Burak

Not quite what you seek but interesting none the less. This is a report of results testing the prototype HTML5 Flash Panorama Player with various tablet devices and phones:

http://flashificator.com/H5/Flashificator_H5_Android.pdf
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
akphoto

Liked in: 1 post
Info

by akphoto » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:00 pm

I have a Samsung GT-P1000 (Android 2.2). I prefer to show clients panoramic works created in PTP 1.8 not only in this tablet, but and in the smartphone HTC One X, so they made sure that the users of any Android device my panoramas are available for viewing.

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:11 pm

akphoto wrote:. . so they made sure that the users of any Android device my panoramas are available for viewing.

I doubt the fact: ". . of ANY Android device" . . . . . :cool:

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
akphoto

Liked in: 1 post
Info

by akphoto » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:41 pm

klausesser wrote:I doubt the fact: ". . of ANY Android device" . . . . . :cool:

best, Klaus

Well, why not? Panoramas can be viewed and on the tablet Asus and Acer. There was a time when Adobe stopped supporting Flash on Android, but now it's in the past.

no avatar
burake

Topic author
Info

by burake » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:31 pm

Klaus, Andrew; thank you very much for your replies...Good to know that the tours work on Samsung GT-P 1000 and HTC ONE X and the tablets akphoto, thank you very much for the input...
Regards
Burak

no avatar
thomash

Info

by thomash » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:26 pm

I was able to get the tour to run on Android 4.x by overwriting the swfkrpano.js 1.0.8.14 with 1.0.8.15, and also the krpanoiphone.js. But I noticed on all mobile devices using html5, the FOV is exactly 60 degrees, not the 90 which I used. I changed the setting to 120 degrees, and now it looks more like 90 degrees on a mobile.

But this isn't a way to fix it, while sharing the same html link.

I'm just exporting a different build with the 120 degrees for running directly off the SDcard on a mobile.

no avatar
polys_a

Info

by polys_a » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:46 am

thomash wrote:I was able to get the tour to run on Android 4.x by overwriting the swfkrpano.js 1.0.8.14 with 1.0.8.15, and also the krpanoiphone.js. But I noticed on all mobile devices using html5, the FOV is exactly 60 degrees, not the 90 which I used. I changed the setting to 120 degrees, and now it looks more like 90 degrees on a mobile.

But this isn't a way to fix it, while sharing the same html link.

I'm just exporting a different build with the 120 degrees for running directly off the SDcard on a mobile.

It seems to work but the touch screen is not on SGS3.
Last edited by polys_a on Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.