advice needed on blending the sky  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
harryshin

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

advice needed on blending the sky

by harryshin » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:43 am

hi:

1. i'm going to assume this is a very common question, but if someone can help me out, i'd really appreciate it.

2. basic data: i shoot in raw, process all images with the same parameters, shoot in manual (same exposure etc...). most of the time, the default blending in autopano or realviz (autodesk) works perfectly. however, i'm currently dealing with an image that was shot fairly wide (24mm full frame equivalent) and was shot in harsh contrasty lighting and is a very long pano (ie about 360 degrees). thus the sky isn't as blended smoothly as i would like.

3. question: in very concrete steps, how would one go about dealing the above situation?
3a: i read the current documentation re: multiblend settings (using that sliding bar) and frankly i still don't understand if a negative value, 0, or a positive value will help the situation.
3b: i'm not sure if anchoring a specific image would help the situation or methods in that regard.

thanks in advance for any advice. harry shin

no avatar
leifs

Info

by leifs » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:25 am

if the problem is dark "bands" you should try to remove vignetting before stitching.

leif
Olympus OM-D E-M1, Leica 25mm f1.4, fisheye, zooms, primes
Seitz VRdrive2
2x Intel Xeon E5-2660, 128GB RAM, Win7 64bit, SSD RAIDs

no avatar
con

Info

by con » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:31 pm

you can use lens correction parameter in Camera Raw that will detetc lens used and adjust vignetting and distortion which cna be quite useful. Also pull down blending to -1/ -2 should smooth out the sky a bit too