using with powerpoint  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
verticalpoint360

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

using with powerpoint

by verticalpoint360 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:38 pm

Hi all. a client has asked me if he can present a 360 to an audience via a powerpoint presentation (offline, without a server). I need to make it as simple as possible and can't see how i can do this without giving him all the xml, jpegs files where he would then open it in flash, which i don't want to do. anyone know the simplest way? Ideally one file that i can send him, is this possible? thanks

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 228 posts
Info

by Destiny » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:34 pm

Hi.. Sorry to say no way.. One thing you need to know, swf is not supported by Microsoft and I was told this by a very arrogant MS Tech'o.. So, began to play... :) A week later a contacted MS with a swf file embedded into an MS email.. Within half an hours.. oh wow... very quick of them.. I had a senior MS tech'o who was was really nice who asked me how i achieved it.. I actually used their own script editor with the ActiveX... But sadly after I told them, the next version of MS, I could no longer do it.. :( I just wanted to stick it to the arrogant tech'o, which I did.. ;) I just like winding rude arrogant people up..

Anywho...

Not sure about the new versions of MS but I am sure a VR Tour would not be able to play inside a Powerpoint presentation... The only thing you can do is embed the lot so they cannot see the xml files, or jpgs etc.. All you need to do is tell him to open the tour using the HTML file.. As long as you have not put any other swf content into your tour, it should play fine.. Just save as full screen.. The only other thing you need to know is by embedded the swf file, you will not be able to view the pano on an iDevice... You can rename your html file to PressToStart.. By changing your html file name, it will not effect the VR Tour in anyway...

Destiny...

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:45 pm

verticalpoint360 wrote:Hi all. a client has asked me if he can present a 360 to an audience via a powerpoint presentation (offline, without a server). I need to make it as simple as possible and can't see how i can do this without giving him all the xml, jpegs files where he would then open it in flash, which i don't want to do. anyone know the simplest way? Ideally one file that i can send him, is this possible? thanks

You can embed all the content in one file and put it on a stick. I did that recently for a client´s presentation and it worked well for them. They triggered the tour from PP.

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:29 pm

verticalpoint360 wrote:Hi all. a client has asked me if he can present a 360 to an audience via a powerpoint presentation (offline, without a server). I need to make it as simple as possible and can't see how i can do this without giving him all the xml, jpegs files where he would then open it in flash, which i don't want to do. anyone know the simplest way? Ideally one file that i can send him, is this possible? thanks

I wonder if this might help?:

http://www.globfx.com/products/showroom/
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
verticalpoint360

Topic author
Info

by verticalpoint360 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:32 pm

Thanks Guys thats good to know, right, your gona think I'm useless but hey,.. here goes. How do i embed the file, i have a Mac?

no avatar
verticalpoint360

Topic author
Info

by verticalpoint360 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:37 pm

Thanks Mediavets, thats looks good, unfortunatley it looks like i can't use it with my Mac.

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:45 pm

verticalpoint360 wrote:Thanks Mediavets, thats looks good, unfortunatley it looks like i can't use it with my Mac.

Does your client also have a Mac?
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
verticalpoint360

Topic author
Info

by verticalpoint360 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:48 pm

not sure, but i'm betting he doesn't? and I'm sure I'll come accross others who don't have macs.

klausesser

Info

by klausesser » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:24 am

verticalpoint360 wrote:not sure, but i'm betting he doesn't? and I'm sure I'll come accross others who don't have macs.

http://www.microsoft.com/germany/mac/powerpoint

;):cool:

best, Klaus

P.S.: http://www.praesentationsberater.de/flash-animation-in-powerpoint-einbetten
Last edited by klausesser on Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
verticalpoint360

Topic author
Info

by verticalpoint360 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:28 am

klausesser wrote:
verticalpoint360 wrote:not sure, but i'm betting he doesn't? and I'm sure I'll come accross others who don't have macs.

best, Klaus

P.S.: http://www.praesentationsberater.de/flash-animation-in-powerpoint-einbetten

Thanks once again Klaus

Unfortuanatley the text is in German for these links which i speak very little of. You've mentioned before about embedding the files, how do you do this?

klausesser

Info

by klausesser » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:57 am

verticalpoint360 wrote:
klausesser wrote:

best, Klaus

Thanks once again Klaus

Unfortuanatley the text is in German for these links which i speak very little of. You've mentioned before about embedding the files, how do you do this?

Hi!

http://www.microsoft.com/uk/mac/powerpoint

more to come later.

best, Klaus

no avatar
verticalpoint360

Topic author
Info

by verticalpoint360 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:50 am

Thanks Klaus. i have powerpoint on my mac, still can seem to embed the fiies to open with presentation.

no avatar
verticalpoint360

Topic author
Info

by verticalpoint360 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:12 pm

klausesser wrote:
verticalpoint360 wrote:

Thanks once again Klaus

Hi!

http://www.microsoft.com/uk/mac/powerpoint

more to come later.

best, Klaus

Hi Klaus

Hope you are well. Do you have any further info on embedding a tour? many thanks

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:08 pm

Perhaps he can do one for you as an example.. ;) Just to show how the experts do it...

Destiny....

no avatar
deminggray@gmail.com

Info

by deminggray@gmail.com » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:11 pm

Hello, Just thought you might like to hear about my experience creating similar work. I am currently working for a client for whom I create multiple 360 panos and then embed them into a geographic map created in MS Power Point. My MS PP slideshow is one slide that is a map of the area with defined "dots" that link the PP to multiple 360 panos. It works great. As the user hovers the mouse over one of the dots on the map a tag emerges that names the location. Clicking on the dot starts the 360 degree panoramas. The user then can move about the pano using the embedded PTP controls and then close the pano and return to the MS PP slide. This system works well on Macs and PC. The only caveat is to be sure to place all files in one folder so that MS PP can find the elements. So in summary, I am not embedding a 360 pano into a MS PP but rather linking numerous 360 degree panos to one PP and supplying the user with one large folder of all the files. From the user perspective it is just click and go.

Deming

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:05 am

Hi.. Did you ever resolve your Powerpoint issue.. I had a thought, that you would be better off putting a Pano into a pdf, it has many similar features..

Destiny...

klausesser

Info

by klausesser » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:12 pm

Destiny wrote:Perhaps he can do one for you as an example.. ;) Just to show how the experts do it...

Destiny....

I´m definitely no expert at all with Powerpoint (or anything else from Mickysoft) - i hate it´s complete lack of elegance - i have experienced people for that around me.
And they did well in the case i mentioned.

best, Klaus

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:42 pm

We, I do not have any experts around me.. so I am it.. ;) Before "Mickyshoft" changed their ActiveX options, I was able to embed swf and other content into Mickysoft stuff but not now.. Not that I would want to .. it might crash!!.. correction.. it will CRASH!! :lol::lol: One thing is certain, a normal swf pano will not be able to be embedded now.. However, a similar to the way an iPad pano works might be possible since that does not use swf... The only option I can see is a url to open a pano.. But I am no expert with Mickysoft stuff either...

Destiny..

klausesser

Info

by klausesser » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:05 pm

Destiny wrote:The only option I can see is a url to open a pano.. But I am no expert with Mickysoft stuff either...

regarding you can store a complete pano resp. tour (Flash or not Flash) on a stick and play it from there - you can trigger a local stored pano from a Powerpoint-presentation by "calling" the local stored URL. I can´t see any problem here.

Klaus

PS: using Goodreader or HTML-Books you can store a pano resp. a tour locally on an iPad and play it off-line. That´s a fine thing for presenting pano-content when acquisitioning clients without carrying a MacBook or Notebook or somewhat around.

Many of our clients use iPads in their shops (cloths, interiors/furniture, HiFi, sport, auto/motorcycle and others), restaurants/hotels, agencies, studios (cosmetic-, hair-, design-studios), real estate and so on - they´re very wide spread in commercial use. To be able to present panos/tours wherever you like in such an elegant way like on iPads definitely has it´s advantages.
Last edited by klausesser on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.