Move automatically to next image  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
BobF
Member
 
Topic author
Posts: 46
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:10 pm
Info

Move automatically to next image

by BobF » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:40 pm

I'm building a tour with 4 images. I've got it set up to start rotation immediately. I want the tour to move automatically from one image to the next. So I'd like each image to start at the left side, pan left to right then automatically transition to the next image. I've looked in the documentation but can't see how this is done.

Thanks.

no avatar
mediavets
Moderator
 
Posts: 16415
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 130 posts
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.
Info

by mediavets » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:09 pm

BobF wrote:I'm building a tour with 4 images. I've got it set up to start rotation immediately. I want the tour to move automatically from one image to the next. So I'd like each image to start at the left side, pan left to right then automatically transition to the next image. I've looked in the documentation but can't see how this is done.

Thanks.

It can't be done from the Panotour/Panotour Pro GUI using the current versions of the software..

If you have Panotour Pro you can externalise and edit the XML format command files.

See this thread: http://www.kolor.com/forum/t14918-feature-request-auto-virtual-tour

Alternatively you can do it easily using pano360gallery but that requires that the Flash panos are created using Pano2VR. But if you want a result easily and quickly this may be the way to go:

http://ww2.360panotours.com/

http://gardengnomesoftware.com/pano2vr.php
Last edited by mediavets on Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
BobF
Member
 
Topic author
Posts: 46
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:10 pm
Info

by BobF » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:04 pm

I am using Pro but not doing any programming. Not spending any more money either. For what APG and PTP cost, there shouldn't be a need to buy anything else.

User avatar
klausesser
Member
 
Posts: 8836
Likes: 5 posts
Liked in: 64 posts
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany
Info

by klausesser » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:41 pm

BobF wrote:I am using Pro but not doing any programming. Not spending any more money either. For what APG and PTP cost, there shouldn't be a need to buy anything else.

When you own a BMW limousine and need to transport a piano: do you you complain the expensive car can´t do it?
Do you expect your TV set to make a perfect espresso?

:cool:

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
mediavets
Moderator
 
Posts: 16415
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 130 posts
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.
Info

by mediavets » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:57 pm

BobF wrote:I am using Pro but not doing any programming. Not spending any more money either. For what APG and PTP cost, there shouldn't be a need to buy anything else.

Then I think you will have to wait for the release of PTP V2.x which is expected to offer the feature you seek.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
BobF
Member
 
Topic author
Posts: 46
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:10 pm
Info

by BobF » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:17 pm

klausesser wrote:
BobF wrote:I am using Pro but not doing any programming. Not spending any more money either. For what APG and PTP cost, there shouldn't be a need to buy anything else.

When you own a BMW limousine and need to transport a piano: do you you complain the expensive car can´t do it?
Do you expect your TV set to make a perfect espresso?

:cool:

best, Klaus

Apples and oranges. First, you couldn't pay me enough to own a BMW. Second, I wouldn't expect to move a piano in a BMW. But I do expect a virtual tour software package to offer me the option of moving automatically from one image to the next. That's not a big stretch. Easypano's Tourweaver does it. If Kolor wants their tour software to be the top of the heap then a basic feature like I'm looking for should be de rigueur. You want to come back with a relevant comparative, that's fine. Otherwise, don't bother.

no avatar
BobF
Member
 
Topic author
Posts: 46
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:10 pm
Info

by BobF » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:19 pm

mediavets wrote:
BobF wrote:I am using Pro but not doing any programming. Not spending any more money either. For what APG and PTP cost, there shouldn't be a need to buy anything else.

Then I think you will have to wait for the release of PTP V2.x which is expected to offer the feature you seek.

And if that's the case, so be it. Just seems as though it's a pretty basic feature. But I've come not to expect a lot from Kolor. Overpromise and underdeliver seems to be their MO.

User avatar
klausesser
Member
 
Posts: 8836
Likes: 5 posts
Liked in: 64 posts
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany
Info

by klausesser » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:26 am

BobF wrote:
klausesser wrote:
BobF wrote:I am using Pro but not doing any programming. Not spending any more money either. For what APG and PTP cost, there shouldn't be a need to buy anything else.

When you own a BMW limousine and need to transport a piano: do you you complain the expensive car can´t do it?
Do you expect your TV set to make a perfect espresso?

:cool:

best, Klaus

Apples and oranges. First, you couldn't pay me enough to own a BMW. Second, I wouldn't expect to move a piano in a BMW. But I do expect a virtual tour software package to offer me the option of moving automatically from one image to the next. That's not a big stretch. Easypano's Tourweaver does it. If Kolor wants their tour software to be the top of the heap then a basic feature like I'm looking for should be de rigueur. You want to come back with a relevant comparative, that's fine. Otherwise, don't bother.

Well Bob, i guess it´s very simple in the end: either you need a job to be done, then get the components/tools you need to do it - or you don´t need a job to be done . . then wait until a tool comes out which can do it all in one.

The problem here is - and i understand that Kolor is waiting for things clearing up and so does KRPano - that this auto-tour thing seems to need Flash and can´t be used on iDevices.

Besides: does TourWeaver build autotours running on iDevices and Androids?

best, Klaus
Last edited by klausesser on Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
BobF
Member
 
Topic author
Posts: 46
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:10 pm
Info

by BobF » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:32 am

Who cares about 'iDevices'? Not me. I couldn't give a rat's patootie about Apple devices or Apple users.

Android can use Flash, so yes, such tours can be viewed on Android devices.

All that aside, you're putting forward another red herring. As I said, if you've got a valid argument to make, make it. Otherwise, don't bother.

User avatar
klausesser
Member
 
Posts: 8836
Likes: 5 posts
Liked in: 64 posts
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany
Info

by klausesser » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:53 am

BobF wrote:Who cares about 'iDevices'? Not me.

I see: seems you don´t have clients ;) . . Ok.

BobF wrote:Otherwise, don't bother.

I don´t care anymore.
Last edited by klausesser on Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
BobF
Member
 
Topic author
Posts: 46
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:10 pm
Info

by BobF » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:57 am

No. I do have clients. However I have real clients, not Apple fanboys. I have real clients who have needs beyond the Apple fanboy.

That aside, Panotour has been around a lot longer than the pissing contest between Apple and Adobe over Flash. They didn't put the feature in even when Apple supported Flash.

All that aside, Adobe, more than a year ago, said they're going to stop development of Flash and move to HTML5. What's Kolor waiting for?

no avatar
Destiny
Moderator
 
Posts: 7886
Likes: 6 posts
Liked in: 228 posts
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:55 pm
Info

by Destiny » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:02 am

Hi... Well, sorry I totally disagree with your point about kolor.... apg is a very powerful software app, which like most software apps its still evolving according to the needs of its users.. As for cost, well I am of the opinion its cheap for what we get.. It's not a matter of adding a piece of code and hope it will work, the coding is a huge task.. It has to be built into the main structure code... As for ptp, there is nothing better, this software is world-class for putting your tours together.. You have been provided with a fix by Andrew where all you need to do is copy and past the code into your main xml, which will work fine for you.. If you need code to go from one html to the next I can provide that for you too.

Destiny..


BobF wrote:
mediavets wrote:
BobF wrote:I am using Pro but not doing any programming. Not spending any more money either. For what APG and PTP cost, there shouldn't be a need to buy anything else.

Then I think you will have to wait for the release of PTP V2.x which is expected to offer the feature you seek.

And if that's the case, so be it. Just seems as though it's a pretty basic feature. But I've come not to expect a lot from Kolor. Overpromise and underdeliver seems to be their MO.
Last edited by Destiny on Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
klausesser
Member
 
Posts: 8836
Likes: 5 posts
Liked in: 64 posts
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany
Info

by klausesser » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:02 am

If you NEED a feature and your software doesn´t provide it: get it from another brand.
If you don´t NEED a feature: why complain about something you don´t need anyway? You then have the time to wait instead until your software has it too . . :cool:

You most unlikely will find a software which does ALL you want. So: where´s the problem anyway?

best, Klaus
Last edited by klausesser on Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

User avatar
klausesser
Member
 
Posts: 8836
Likes: 5 posts
Liked in: 64 posts
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany
Info

by klausesser » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:30 pm

BobF wrote:No. I do have clients. However I have real clients, not Apple fanboys. I have real clients who have needs beyond the Apple fanboy.

That aside, Panotour has been around a lot longer than the pissing contest between Apple and Adobe over Flash. They didn't put the feature in even when Apple supported Flash.

All that aside, Adobe, more than a year ago, said they're going to stop development of Flash and move to HTML5. What's Kolor waiting for?

So your world falls apart in "Apple fanboys" and "real clients" . . . :D and "real clients" don´t use iPads?

That´s funny news for me - because 85% of the advertising/media-agency people use iPads. And their clients too. So in the professional market you HAVE TO provide iPad compatibility (let aside that it´s definitely the best and most valuable device of it´s kind ;) and still not paralleled by any Android tablet in terms of visual quality).

I don´t have anything against Androids or Android fanboys :lol: but in the market of serious multimedia they´re simply not relevant still after some years - maybe besides of games.

Auto-tours seem to be not possible yet with PTP-generated Flash-panos - why ever. So i bought Arturo´s little - and cheap - app and Gardengnome´s Pano2VR to generate auto-tours. That works fine - nevertheless i don´t like to go this way. But when i have to do it - i do it. If PTP some days provide that feature also: fine. If not: doesn´t matter - there are ways to get it done if it needs to be done.

Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

User avatar
gkaefer
Member
 
Posts: 3549
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 15 posts
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:01 pm
Location: Salzburg
Info

by gkaefer » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:32 am

Klaus,

ptp can create autotours with pure krpano xml language.
But its a really huge effort and a big hill to climb.
In my following example its just a simple load first pano wait some seconds display on top right the pano name, wait again, change to next pano...
(I also did realize it with automatically movements 180 degree from left to right (or right to left), change to next pano, move back again (or turn another 180 degree in this pano etc.) but I have no demo currently online...)

http://www.gigapixel.at/test/build.html

(the debug window here is again a enabled feature ;-))

I'll rewrite this theme I made for the upcoming ptp 2.x and than will go public (most likely not free ;-)))

Liebe Gruesse,
Georg
Last edited by gkaefer on Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
klausesser
Member
 
Posts: 8836
Likes: 5 posts
Liked in: 64 posts
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany
Info

by klausesser » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:00 pm

gkaefer wrote:Klaus,
ptp can create autotours with pure krpano xml language.
But its a really huge effort and a big hill to climb.

Hi Georg!

Thanks for showing! Looks good! Yes - i looked into this but i´m not sooo much into coding . . :cool:

I did a first layout using Arturo´s tool:
http://www.360impressions.de/EllerW_Auto/ (a test)
Loads a too long - it needs to load ALL data before it can start - and that´s not so good. On the other hand we just need it to be played from a local computer on shows - not via the web.
And here it´s fast enough coming from the disk.
In the upper left corner there´s a pull-down menue.

best to you, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests